Sponsored by:

Calling all Cups to Mosport!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Cups to Mosport!

It's the 50th Anniversary this year of Mosport and the PCA Club Race starts 3 weeks from today. We need more Cups there!

There is ALREADY a great field of C4 cars there, with a good mix of those who know the track well (Randy, Ray and myself) and those relatively new to the track like the "Flying Frenchman", Dr. Lacouture, and his Wilschwein pals. Kasey, Chris, John Crosby, Mike Piera....come on up and have some fun!

In C5, I see that Marco Cirone (Patron series) has signed up too, along with Perry and Normand. This should be a good battle. It's tougher to get the C5 cars out this year cuz Mosport isn't on the Patron calendar, but this track makes good practice for ANY of the highspeed tracks, like Road AMerica, Road Atlanta and WGI...Darrell, Gary, etc. - you will have fun and some good competition running with these other guys!

Where are all the C3s?? Duane has registered and is always fast at Mosport and hopefully the #58 Gulf C3 and Dr. Bob will be ready and repaired from Calabogie.

As an incentive, I'm offering up a very nice bottle of vintage Bordeaux or Italian to ANYONE in C3/4/5 that breaks the lap record for their classs. As a reminder, these are (from Rennpoints):

C3 - 1.26.022
C4 - 1.22.479
C5 - none yet, but I will give it a 1.5 sec handicap to C4

Finally, I will be hosting a wine tasting on the Sat. night for the Cup class guys (and others who happen to be loitering around!). Those of you who came last year and enjoyed some of the wine that Pat Kelly won, know that I'm not going to bring the cheap stuff!

Hope to see you there!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Kuhl328
AutoX

I'm sorry to miss it. I'm going to run the Patron races at Mid Ohio the following weekend. Can't make 'em both work with my schedule and my budget. Mrs Kuhlman will only tolerate so much! Hope you guys have a great, safe weekend. Look forward to seeing all at Road America.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Good luck to the PCA guys at Mosport and Kasey at the Patron, I'll be missing those events, but doing the PCA race along with Grand-Am in New Jersey next weekend in my GTA2 car.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Im just too skeered.

Actually will just be returning in Hawaii. Cant make it this year. Good luck David.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

ok. good luck boyz at MO and NJMP.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Afternoon .
I'll be there and im totally psyched to join in the action as its my first time to Mosport.

posted this in the Racing/De thread but figured you guys might know the way things flow.

What do i need to do to properly get my toterhome and trailer thru customs without a headache coming back in, etc. ? a buddy last year mistakenly forgot to stop on the way out, forgot to declare stuff, and ran into a monumental headache on the way back in.

is there a guide some place? forms some place that would explain it a bit?

thanks again!!!
_Steve
Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Can Spencer *** or Mike Piera answer this? I'm going the other way usually, so don't know what your issues with US Customs would be.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

So, how did it go for you guys? Mosport looks like a mighty track and hope to get there one day...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Lots of thrills and spills that you can read about on the R&DE forum. For me, short answer is Sprint Race 1 - DNF; Sprint Race 2 - DNS; Enduro - 1st (2nd overall). Randy Oswald was the big winner in C4, winning both sprints and first overall in the 2nd sprint and then finishing 2nd behind me in the Enduro, after he had to make a late pitstop.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Forgot to add that I started something like 25th (?) in the Enduro (after a DNS in sprint 2), and finished 2nd. Minus the spin I had halfway through, I think I drove the best race I've ever driven and would have been at least close to the leaders at the end.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fryd
Lots of thrills and spills that you can read about on the R&DE forum. For me, short answer is Sprint Race 1 - DNF; Sprint Race 2 - DNS; Enduro - 1st (2nd overall). Randy Oswald was the big winner in C4, winning both sprints and first overall in the 2nd sprint and then finishing 2nd behind me in the Enduro, after he had to make a late pitstop.
Originally Posted by fryd
Forgot to add that I started something like 25th (?) in the Enduro (after a DNS in sprint 2), and finished 2nd. Minus the spin I had halfway through, I think I drove the best race I've ever driven and would have been at least close to the leaders at the end.
A lot to catch up with on the other thread! Wow! Sounds like you were able to turn your weekend around and have some fun!

Sorry to see that you are selling the car--hope that all goes well in your new venture

Quick Reply: Calling all Cups to Mosport!