Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 2000 GT3R Cup Car for Sale - LeMans Entry

I purchased this car to use as a donor car for the Motec Dash, Fuel Cell gearbox/shifter and a few other items but it still has the motor, chassis, suspension, brakes, wheels, bodywork, wing and seat. This would make a great Vintage/Historic rebuild or Club car, not to mention the fact that if you need a 996 Cup car chassis, they are next to impossible to get.
Another option would be to find a donor 996 street car and build the 2 together. That was my plan as well but have run out of time to do it.

Very clean 2000GTR Cup car at my shop, picture taken recently:
-GT3R engine with 37.5 hours on it
-Updated 2002 carbon airbox/intake
-Engine needs to be freshened as it blew a head gasket but only has 37.5 hours on it since last rebuild
-Straight Tub in great shape

Specs:
- 2000 GT3R Vin# WPOZZZ99ZYS692110
- Original Owner Mike Colucci (Robert Mazzuoccola)
Per Mike, this car ran at LeMans as car #71 and then the remainder of the ALMS season in the U.S. as #21
- Orig. Color White
- Orig. PAG Engine# 26048
- Orig. Roll Cage Certificate# 4031

Price for chassis: $35K
Price for engine: $15K
Together: $45K

Email directly at james@gmgracing.com
Attached Images  

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 01-02-2010, 04:16 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Very fair price. I believe I remember that car as the Aspen Knolls entry that Bob M. and Cort Wagner drove with Fikse wheel sponsorship. If I'm not mistaken Fikse also used that car as their photo ad for many years. Good luck with the sale.
Cole
Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

cross this car with a wrecked 996 street GT3 and you have one hell of a track toy.
(keep the salvaged title/VIN and put it on the street instead of trailering to track days!)
Old 01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Finding a wrecked GT3 would be the perfect way to go, in fact, that was one of my plans for this project but with the 2010 season looking pretty full, I simply don't have the time to complete this project.

But if someone is interested in having GMG build this car for you, we can certainly do that.

Either way, this car is in great shape and can be an excellent project for someone that wants a potentially great track car that happens to have some LeMans history.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Unfortunately I feel it’s my duty to warn any prospective buyer to do full, thorough diligence before purchasing to insure that the above are as advertised. My last (in more ways than one) engine purchase from GMG was not. FYI.

-Pete
Old 01-06-2010, 01:25 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Petevb,

Interesting to read that you feel it's your duty to chime in on this post but I guess you aren't willing to disclose all the facts regarding your purchase. I have all the email correspondance and would be more than happy to share it with anyone on this forum.

Again, I am more than happy to review this in public or private and I think if you ask anyone that knows me in this business they will not share your same sentiments at anytime in the past when they have dealt with me or GMG.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

I have the same emails and the pics of the motor as it arrived to the shop. I'd also be happy to share, public or private. Rather than get into a scrap I though a simple buyer beware, check the goods carefully, was warranted. If you feel that's going to far I'm happy to air the issue out.

-Pete
Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well the last email I have stated that I was willing to help pay for the missing parts in the amount of $180 vs the $500 you wanted, at a difference of $320.00. This was the amount in question compared to the transaction of close to $40,000.00. You then declined to take any money from me and that was the last I heard from you, over 10 months ago.

I am not one to use the forums to deal with customer issues so if you would like to take this offline, I am happy to do so.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Well the last email I have stated that I was willing to help pay for the missing parts in the amount of $180 vs the $500 you wanted, at a difference of $320.00. This was the amount in question compared to the transaction of close to $40,000.00. You then declined to take any money from me and that was the last I heard from you, over 10 months ago.

I am not one to use the forums to deal with customer issues so if you would like to take this offline, I am happy to do so.
Yes, I remember you offered to get me the missing $1000 in parts at cost rather than make a profit from them- very generous after I'd spent 40k and not received what I'd payed for. Obviously I sourced the parts elsewhere for the same cost.

I've sent you PM and I'm happy to continue offline. The main point- buyer beware: check the goods carefully rather than rely on the shops word.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Chassis and Motor Sold!

Buyers came Thursday and took it away. They have some great plans with it as they plan to rebuild the motor and run the car complete.

It's amazing how many calls I got on this chassis and motor. I am not surprised considering the 996 R Chassis is rare indeed but I wish I had 5 more chassis' available.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Chassis and Motor Sold!

Buyers came Thursday and took it away. They have some great plans with it as they plan to rebuild the motor and run the car complete.

It's amazing how many calls I got on this chassis and motor. I am not surprised considering the 996 R Chassis is rare indeed but I wish I had 5 more chassis' available.
i came across a gt3r two years ago for 50k. in florida.
it had a street 3.4 drivetrain with supercharger and various CUP parts, interior. used for D.E. and would have been nice to built back to gt3 powertrain etc.

these 996 race projects are super fun. All one needs is a good tub and solid powertrain from a wreck.

i almost bought it before my RS.

Quick Reply: 2000 GT3R Cup Car for Sale - LeMans Entry