Mosport PCA Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:32 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mosport PCA Race

Gents,

In an attempt to support my local PCA chapter (UCR) AND to get some good competition out to the race, I'm offering a CASE of vintage Bordeaux (min 10+yrs. old) to the combined points winner (using F1 points system) of the 2 GTC4 Sprint races on the Saturday, August 1.

I sincerely hope I can win it, but figure I'll need 1.25 lap times to get it and aint there yet! If someone else wins it and they don't want it, I'll bid it back at wholesale (ie what I paid for it), and they can leave with some nice Canadian green (and red and brown!).

Pass the word and I look forward to seeing you at Mosport!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

David, I hope you win the wine and that you will need help drinking it. Let me be the first to volunteer as my 944 Cup car just won't go that fast.

Great idea to offer up the wine. I hope you have lots of competition.

Bill
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fryd
Gents,

In an attempt to support my local PCA chapter (UCR) AND to get some good competition out to the race, I'm offering a CASE of vintage Bordeaux (min 10+yrs. old) to the combined points winner (using F1 points system) of the 2 GTC4 Sprint races on the Saturday, August 1.

I sincerely hope I can win it, but figure I'll need 1.25 lap times to get it and aint there yet! If someone else wins it and they don't want it, I'll bid it back at wholesale (ie what I paid for it), and they can leave with some nice Canadian green (and red and brown!).

Pass the word and I look forward to seeing you at Mosport!
Great idea but I'm not sure a 1:25 is going to do it. The Shockdoctor Alex Job Racing GTC4 team from MN plans on making the trip and Pat Kelly ran a bunch of low 1:23s at the IMSA race last year. Hopefully he'll share!
Jim
Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Great! If he pulls that off in a GTC4 car (ie, not Grand Am spec or engine), and he wins the points, I'll happily hand it over! And also try to follow his line! From what I saw this past weekend at WGI, there seemed to be a few "GTC4" cars that behaved a lot more like GTA1/2 cars!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

You might be more right than me though....One of our local guys was out in his 997 Cup yesterday and was 1.245ish while his instructor was running 1.23 flat. Definitely have work to do!! Better stop drinking that wine!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

In response to the comment about gtc4 cars acting like gta cars:
1) My car is 100% gtc4 legal as well as imsa legal
2) I suggest you let me do a session in your car (I would assume responsibility of course). Then, after the lap times are same we can share some of that vino while you apologize for implying that another car was cheating
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

...And the lap times will be a fair bit quicker than 1:23 since we won't have the camber limit imposed (as we did last year in IMSA)
Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PatK-Mpls
2) I suggest you let me do a session in your car (I would assume responsibility of course). Then, after the lap times are same we can share some of that vino while you apologize for implying that another car was cheating
Dude...there were 17 cars in that run group. Who's suggesting I was singling out anyone in particular, including you?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

I didn't think you were singling me out but I was referenced in the post by jimb regarding low 23's and you replied with a less than veiled implication about gta cars. Plus, there is a bit of cheating that does exist. For example: people who rebuild an 06 or 07 motor to 08 specs and leave the 0607 gear ratios in place.

In any event I do very much look forward to the event. My experience has been that the people are tons o fun and the track is wholly other

Regarding the vino - I think it would be more fun if all the c4 gang share it in the paddock - a sort of cup party. Independent of who wins
Old 06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I didn't think you were singling me out but I was referenced in the post by jimb regarding low 23's and you replied with a less than veiled implication about gta cars. Plus, there is a bit of cheating that does exist. For example: people who rebuild an 06 or 07 motor to 08 specs and leave the 0607 gear ratios in place.

In any event I do very much look forward to the event. My experience has been that the people are tons o fun and the track is wholly other

Regarding the vino - I think it would be more fun if all the c4 gang share it in the paddock - a sort of cup party. Independent of who wins
You should take a look at the rulebook or ask Donna for clarification if you don't understand it. You are allowed to backdate or update ANY parts within GTC4 for model 997, without having to do ALL parts.

And generally, you must be mistaking me for someone else. I'm the guy that's just done his third race weekend ever. and first weekend in a Cup Car. And the one who dropped 25 seconds over the weekend. Not the one that's going to be doing 1.23s at Mosport, if that's what it's going to take to win.

If you win the wine, you can do with it as you want.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Aww comon Pat, we all know you have a 4.0l engine in that thing. Ha, JK of course.

Pat is def going to be the one to beat for the Mosport Wine

Not sure about C4 but there where some strong 997cup's in A2 at the Glen last weekend. The orange car from kelly moss (I think Tony Rivera) would pull like mad!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

THAT was a Speed World Challenge car....more carbon fiber in it than an F1 car apparently!

Cory - we didn't meet last weekend, but I was across the road from you with TRG. I've been watching your VIR videos on YouTube to prepare for the upcoming race. I looked for one of your vids of The Glen, but couldn't find one and ended up with Leh Keen's in a 996 RSR.

Hope to meet you (and Pat!) at VIR...
Old 06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Short notice I know, but do you want to come to Mosport on Monday? I don't know where you are, but I'll pay for the flights. I could use the instruction, so it'll be worth my while. A buddy and I have Mark Wilkins (Grand Am DP) coming out as well. I have put a passenger seat in my car.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this place great or what.... From pistols at dawn to "hey, I'll fly you out here to instruct me" in 3 posts... Nice David!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:59 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

...And the lap times will be a fair bit quicker than 1:23 since we won't have the camber limit imposed (as we did last year in IMSA)
Do you set faster times with more than the IMSA legal camber? I have been sticking to those specs for better comparison to the IMSA guys at the PCA races I attend and to allow testing the Hoosiers (I will test them at VIR again). Also for safety, I think they came up with those specs as the tires were blowing out. Braking must be dicey with all that camber.

I may enter Mosport after VIR if all goes well there, I have been there only once and it's my slowest track so far.

Quick Reply: Mosport PCA Race