Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Sachs 4-way Adjustables

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sachs 4-way Adjustables

PMUK have checked for me with PM in Germany re. the Sachs 4-way adjustables. Germany are saying that those dampers are only for the RSRs and won't fit the Cup. That right? I thought I heard that these would work for a Cup. Yes, and I know, I'd need a full-time suspension engineer to figure these things out!!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

They absolutely fit on the Cup. Order them from Sachs Motorsports and they ship them with the proper mounts, etc for a Cup. The dampers are being used in Cup cars that are 'werks' supported already.

If you are serious and want the contact details, let me know and I'll send them.

BTW: I have them on an 08 Cup now.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

OK. What's the ballpark price and am I right in thinking I will need a lot of (qualified) help to figure these out?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Maybe an even more important question is, do you have to drive like Leh Keen or Cory Friedman to get your $$$ out of these vs. the Motons/JRZs?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

The ballpark price is $12,000US. They have been used extensively on the Cup so a starting point (or neighborhood) is easy. As for tuning them, they are no more or less difficult to setup than other 4-ways. My advise is to set the high speed rebound and leave it. And, only mess with the high speed compression at out of the ordinary tracks (bumpy, very fast, etc).
Old 03-12-2009, 01:45 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 448 Likes on 267 Posts

Why not do something like a Moton 4 way race damper. Much easier to figure out ..
We can offer technical support as well.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 AM
luiscarlos
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid question ,MOTON Motorsport 4 way shocks are by far better than the OEM Sachs included in 2009 CUPS ?
-What spring rate will be offered with M M shocks?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Why not do something like a Moton 4 way race damper. Much easier to figure out ..
We can offer technical support as well.
Have you worked with the new Sachs?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I think my issue is going to be time and expertise on anything above the 3-way. Not enough time, money and expertise to get the full value out of these. How about a 3-way vs. 2-way discussion? Maybe I should just go with the 2-way Motons which are $1,700 cheaper than the 3-ways?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

The Moton is a different technology. The Moton design is based very strongly on the old Koni design.

The Sachs 4-way is a true through rod design - the same as that being used in non-rotary damper F1 cars.

The only downside in a 3-way vs the 4-way is that they are generally not offered as a through rod design.

The whole discussion about setup challenge of a Moton vs a Sachs is funny. Why would a Sachs 4-way be any more difficult to setup than a Moton? (Before you answer that each click on the Moton is immediately detectable by the driver, please note that I can go 2 clicks on the Sacha and get the same effect)

The truth is that 2-way, 3-way and 4-ways are very challenging to setup properly. I would go so far as to say that 95% of the Club cars running adjustables are setup outside of the sweet spot.

Quick Reply: Sachs 4-way Adjustables