Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

GTC4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks set to be finished all the repairs, replacements, upgrades at the end of march. Still working out the shipping logistics, but likely 2-3 weeks on the boat and then ground to Toronto. I have 2 days already booked at Mosport for May 1 and 2, so it better be ready by then!!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Boinkus44
Racer

That's hitting the ground running. It's sure going to seem like a LONG 6 weeks. Hope all goes as planned, and the snow is gone (and the track is dry) for May 1/2. What are your plans for rubber ?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Boinkus44
That's hitting the ground running. It's sure going to seem like a LONG 6 weeks. Hope all goes as planned, and the snow is gone (and the track is dry) for May 1/2. What are your plans for rubber ?
Hey...i recognize that car! Need to figure out something on rubber...apparently there's a guy in Montreal.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Which guy in Montreal or you referring to??
Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CWay27
Which guy in Montreal or you referring to??
Distributor for Michelin Slicks....Can't remember the nameo the company..
Old 03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Mike Andrews
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
The 08-09 engine is different from the 05-07. The wiring harness is different and the ecu as well (I believe) as well as the intake manifold. It is not a simple rebuild to update an 06 motor to an 08. Now can you get 20 more HP legally? I don't know the answer to that - maybe ask PMNA.(and let me know the answer to that if you can)

Best option for shocks: Depends on preference. You can go with 4 way adjustables though. I would love a set of 4 way Ohlins or the new 4 way Sachs they use in the RSR - just too expensive for me right now. I have 2 way moton motorsports now. I may upgrade the canisters to 3 way when I have the extra cash.

One thought: If you get a good deal on an 06 go for it - in my opinion. I have an 06 and yes the 08's are surely faster in the straights and coming off a corner, but it is not a HUGE difference. At least thats what I found at Sebring.

Matt,

i was at Sebring with a friend this year. I was taking pictures of his first time out and, well I have lots of pictures of cars... here are a few of yours... and I can send you higher res versions if you want them.

I was hoping to get some info on shocks. What can you do within the PCA guidelines?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:42 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Andrews
Matt,

i was at Sebring with a friend this year. I was taking pictures of his first time out and, well I have lots of pictures of cars... here are a few of yours... and I can send you higher res versions if you want them.

I was hoping to get some info on shocks. What can you do within the PCA guidelines?
I would love to get the pics you have.

As far as info on shocks for GTC4 in PCA, I think that any adjustable shock is legal. I am running Moton Motorsport 2 ways. I did try out a set of ohlins 4 ways at Sebring. Initially the car was HORRIBLE when we put them on. I was faster with the Motons. We never got the shocks dialed in completely although at the end they started to feel good. If I could afford them I would buy them right now. I know with some time dialing them in they would be awesome! For now I will have to stick with the Moton 2 ways. Maybe when the economy gets a little better I can afford to get the 4 way Ohlins TTX.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by fryd
Distributor for Michelin Slicks....Can't remember the nameo the company..
Pneus Touchette
Old 04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

Jackson Dawson motorsports

Quick Reply: GTC4 Question