Pirelli Drivers Cup w/PCA @ California Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:22 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Pirelli Drivers Cup w/PCA @ California Speedway

Hope all you west coast guys with Cup cars will come out to California Speedway and get in on the Pirelli Drivers Cup races April 4-6 @ the PCA race weekend. It is a seperate run group for 996 and 997 Cup cars.

The series, run by Competent Motorsports, is supported by PMNA, Pirelli and others, along with Pro drivers Craig Stanton as head instructor and usually someone else helping Craig out (in the past both Patrick Long and Bobby Fiata have helped out). The series offers good clean close racing with a 13/13 rule in effect.

It would be nice to see a big field of Cup cars at Fontana, a 3 day event with races on both Saturday and Sunday. A great group to run with!

Go to www.competentmotorsport.com to get more information or to sign up.

If you are going put a post up here as well. I look forward to racing with you guys in April!

JCM
Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 84 Posts

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately too far for me. Do you think they will ever run any east coast venues?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

They ran East Coast venues last year, but did not get a ton of support. So due to economic reasons they have pulled back to the West Coast. One cool thing about the series is the winner of the 996 and the 997 classes for the year get an invite to the Porsche Cup dinner in Germany and are recognized on stage, as Porsche race series winners, like Supercup, Carrerra Cup, Asia Cup, IMSA Cup etc... I nice little perk if you run all the races!

When times improve they will expand their scope again to include eastern venues.

JCM
Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Supercup

We will be there!!

We have a few clients running in the series this year.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 02-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Red9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the 13/13 rule? (I am from somewhere else!)
Old 02-28-2009, 11:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
What is the 13/13 rule? (I am from somewhere else!)
if there's an "incident" and you are found at fault, you will be on probation for 13 months. if you are found at fault again within that 13 month, you lose your license for 13m.

pca and bmw cca and some vintage clubs use this rule so the races wont look like bumper car rink.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Red9
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
if there's an "incident" and you are found at fault, you will be on probation for 13 months. if you are found at fault again within that 13 month, you lose your license for 13m.

pca and bmw cca and some vintage clubs use this rule so the races wont look like bumper car rink.
Is that 13 minutes ,meetings,months??
Incidents are a world wide problem!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

13 months
Old 03-01-2009, 12:59 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Supercup

We will be there!!

We have a few clients running in the series this year.

GMG's fleet was the class of the field at Vegas in the rain. Hope to hang with them in the dry at California!

JCM
Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm.....Las Vegas in the rain. I think I read a post about that. Isnt that where the POC guys.....the self proclaimed masters of Porsche.....racing were afraid to get thier panties wet....so they didnt drive??
Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bill, Bill, Bill, where on earth did you come up with the self-proclaimed BS?
We chose not to race since none of us carry rains. The Pirelli Cup racer's had a transporter full of rains and they mounted up and ran. See we're a So Cal club and Zeus rarely disappoints us.

So why don't you bring your Cup on down here and race with us at Willow Springs March 21-22. We get racers from Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, and Nor Cal. Then you can test yourself against the, what did you call us again, oh that's right, the Masters of Porsche. Well it does have a certain ring to it but they're some damn good drivers all over this great country....
Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 AM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Gee JR........guess I hit a sore spot....but dont shoot the messenger! I was only quoting what I had read. I'm new in the US and am just getting up to speed on who does what here. I lived in Germany for last 22 years and raced Porsches all but one season....mostly Carrera and SuperCup. I have moved to Chicago area for business and am looking for venue to maybe race while I am here until next January. It looks like the track you are talking about is in california - yes? The post on the website I read also said POC is a wine and cheese club? Forgive me, I dont understand the connection.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill
Gee JR........guess I hit a sore spot....but dont shoot the messenger! I was only quoting what I had read. I'm new in the US and am just getting up to speed on who does what here. I lived in Germany for last 22 years and raced Porsches all but one season....mostly Carrera and SuperCup. I have moved to Chicago area for business and am looking for venue to maybe race while I am here until next January. It looks like the track you are talking about is in california - yes? The post on the website I read also said POC is a wine and cheese club? Forgive me, I dont understand the connection.
You're forgiven but it's wine & cheese and TEQUILA club......
Old 03-03-2009, 09:32 PM
RPM
Track Day

Wickerbill, From your German Supercup experience, did you ever have access to the Supercup Rules, that are referenced in another thread here?
Old 03-04-2009, 03:23 AM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

RPM........never looked here. Contact Jens Walther by email. He can provide what ever you need.

jens.walther@porsche.de

Quick Reply: Pirelli Drivers Cup w/PCA @ California Speedway