Notices

Los Angeles Dismantlers = LA Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 AM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

I had a good experance with LAD.

Yes there was a mistake regarding the switch holder for center console and the console had a blemish that was not revealed in the description but in the end I was realist in my expectations.

They have to rely on a staff (like any business owner) that describes the items and that info gets pass along. Ever see a car that is described as "mint" and find it to be disapointing? Well thats just the interpetation of the seller vs buyer. If I was that **** I would have sought out a new one or scored the lands and demanded several detailed pictures of the item (s) before agreeing to a deal.

In my experance we buyers tend to be overly optimist when buying and very pesimistic when recieving.

Junkyards (aka dismantlers) have there place in life. I don't consider it misrepresentation to discover a mechanical item is less than what would be expected for the age and milage revealed. Is that not how these things are sold anyway? What should happen is the buyer and seller discuss and agree on expected condition and course of action is condition is otherwise.

I watched several 993tt motors pass through a local shop. Most were fine as is. One reguired rings and head work. The milage for the motor that required the rebuild was low (60k IIRC). Not sure what if any compensation was recieved from LAD.

In the end you just don't know. Funny how the bad gets more press than the good. Lets not ruin a mans business over a poorly executed deal by both of them. Even I don't have 100% satisfaction inmy business. Hell who does? I also don't have web forums for the few bad apples to start a lynching.

Best wishes for a positive outcome for both of you.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Purchased from them, the largest being a 993 TT Engine and gearbox. Very good experience, they even sent a couple of additional bits when we realized we needed them for the conversion 993 NA to TT. They were great to deal with wired funds and all, and I am not local obviously. Thanks again to Todd, Sara and the crew!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Here is my limited experience with LAPD. Although I did not engage in a transaction with them, I could tell something was rotten in Denmark; apparently, something was rotten in Norway, too. Based on all of the research that I have done, I will never, ever do business with LA Porsche Dismantlers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...etty-much.html
Old 10-02-2009, 10:29 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
one pissed off customer: there are two sides to a story
two pissed off customers: the shop should shut down. they fk'd up.
three pissed off customers: the shop should be burned down and owner hanged.
But what happened to the thousands of happy customers who've done business with them? As a consumer, if you have a bad experience with a broker, you try to work it out but if you cannot come to an agreement, then you have the right to walk away.

They have thousands of happy customers, your experience is in the minority. You need to shop at the Dealership and pay premium for the new parts and stop seeking used parts (for their discounted price) and then expect new condition parts.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Dismantlers = LA Porsche