Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera recall, AH08

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Dominic123
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Dominic123; 09-20-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Bosman Nanek
4th Gear

Hello, i am new here. Can anybody tell me what size the screws had ?
there are 8 to change.
thanks
Old 01-09-2018, 06:37 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 620 Likes on 358 Posts

Please keep us posted on any updates about this replacement campaign. Would like to know how much time the vehicle needs to be at the dealer for this to be performed.

Thank you.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 678 Likes on 307 Posts

Porsche NA does not really want to perform this recall. They hope the older Panno cars will fade away.
To prove my point i have been in contact with my local dealer ( Paul Miller Porsche/NJ) The parts/service departments are still unsure of exactly what they are supposed to do. They still don't know what parts are to be replaced & when those parts will arrive ? WTF? The recall notice went out in July 2017 to all customers.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 AM
Bosman Nanek
4th Gear

Does anyone know the size of the eight bolts.
in Germany there is no recall for the panamera with the bad bolts. I mean with the size example M8 x 40 mm
Old 01-11-2018, 06:45 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thought I would update this post with the result of my 1 hour long phone call with PCNA earlier today. Which was absolutely positively Nothing..!! In short, they (or at least customer service department reps and supervisors), do not know what is going on. You can tell they have received additional training on how to answer and/or dodge the hard questions on this AH08 item without giving away anything that compromises the company. I did get the feeling though, that if one keeps calling and writing (by mail) which is my next step, they will consider 'some kind' of compensation for the hardship endured on a case by case basis. This was implicit without actually saying it given the variants of answers I got to my drilling questions from a customer commitment supervisor.

The only relevant piece of information that I could peel away from this exchange is that within the next 30 days PCNA will be issuing a secondary notice to potentially affected owners with clearer directives on what the next steps will be to get this Recall resolved, what parts are involved and where one can take the cars. Also they mentioned that PCNA would reimburse any applicable expenses incurred already as it relates to correcting this situation or any kind of preventive measures taken.

If anyone would like further details please send me a pm.

Hopefully this thing will be resolved sooner than later. It's very concerning to drive a car that could potentially go full engine stall while you're doing 70 mph on the freeway. That happened to me while driving solo, over 10 years ago on my BMW 7 Series Sport and I was going faster and not only the car dies, but the steering wheel locks and the brake pedal locks as well so its inertia/road friction all the way to stop after that. Thankfully I am still here to tell the story and the issue was a simple loose battery cable wire detached but man what a scare! This Porsche issue is quite serious.

I wonder how much it'll take before it goes class action..??
Old 01-12-2018, 04:03 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Sharing a bit more:
I just received an email from PCNA with contact information for a newly instated department set up just to deal with the AH08 replacement campaign. Excerpt below:

After our conversation I did receive an update on the Camshaft Recall, you can reach out to Garden City with any questions or concerns about your recall, there was also a letter sent out to containing all the information on getting this resolved for our customers.

questions@camshaftadjusterrecall.com
www.camshaftadjusterrecall.com
877-919-6430

If anyone has additional information please share in this forum.

Thank you!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:05 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Text from the new website:

All claims are being processed by Garden City Group, LLC (GCG). If you have reviewed the information in the Recall Notice and on this website, and you have additional questions, you can contact GCG by calling toll-free 1-877-919-6430, or by mail at the address below:

PCNA Camshaft Controller/Adjuster Recall c/o GCG PO Box 10506 Dublin, OH 43017-1506
Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Unhappy Panamera Repair Claim Form

Originally Posted by JAB12

All claims are being processed by Garden City Group, LLC (GCG). If you have reviewed the information in the Recall Notice and on this website, and you have additional questions, you can contact GCG by calling toll-free 1-877-919-6430, or by mail at the address below:

PCNA Camshaft Controller/Adjuster Recall c/o GCG PO Box 10506 Dublin, OH 43017-1506
Updating this post with a claim form for requesting to be reimbursed for expenses associated with this repair prior to recall. Please update this post with your own experiences if this repair has been done.
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12

My 2010 Panamera is in being updated per AH08 as I write this. My dealer is Ray Catena Porsche in Edison, NJ
Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM
DGPanny
Intermediate

When mine failed I called the closest dealer in Mobile, AL and they said the parts were not available yet but bring it in so they could check it out and see how much damage was done. Not satisfied with that I called the dealer in Destin, FL and they said they have already fixed a few since the parts became available in December but had not seen a failure yet. I paid to have it towed there since they seemed to know what they were doing. Getting a new engine as we speak at no cost to me. It seems the understanding of this issue varies greatly by dealer. If your dealer doesn't know what to do or doesn't have the parts, try calling others.

And good luck. When it goes, it goes. Complete engine failure on mine.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:13 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DGPanny
When mine failed I called the closest dealer in Mobile, AL and they said the parts were not available yet but bring it in so they could check it out and see how much damage was done. Not satisfied with that I called the dealer in Destin, FL and they said they have already fixed a few since the parts became available in December but had not seen a failure yet. I paid to have it towed there since they seemed to know what they were doing. Getting a new engine as we speak at no cost to me. It seems the understanding of this issue varies greatly by dealer. If your dealer doesn't know what to do or doesn't have the parts, try calling others.

And good luck. When it goes, it goes. Complete engine failure on mine.
I know that is what concerns me. Can you please give an idea of the timeframe for repairs as in how long where you without the car?? Did you get a loaner for the duration? Thank you.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:51 PM
DGPanny
Intermediate

Car failed on the way to the airport in Pensacola on January 16th. I am supposed to get the car back this week. So a month without my car. They offered a discounted rental for a "car" not a Porsche obviously. I didn't press it because I have a Boxster S I can drive. If it fails like mine did, there is no quick fix. They said there was not a motor in the US. Had to have a long block and heads shipped from Germany. Again, my advice, don't drive it until this is fixed. Go rent something else to drive and park the Panny. My car has about 65k miles on it and it has been maintained very well from day 1, either at the dealer, or at a top notch independent.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Big_Tex
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2010 S is in the shop right now getting the recall done.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:44 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@DGPanny: "Discounted rental"?? That is absurd. This is smelling more and more like class action as I keep hearing these stories. I have several other cars but that is besides the point. Someone can get killed, heavens forbid, with an engine failure like this. Doing 75 miles an hour on a highway and the car goes dead. Really? Glad nothing has happened to anyone here but there is no recall that can tame the possibility. This is just nuts!.

Quick Reply: Panamera recall, AH08