Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The problem I have in the UK is that I have a very steep entrance from my drive onto a reverse curving main "A" road, which in theory has a 40MPH limit on it but is often exceeded. You have to be very judicious even in electric mode, not to light off the IC engine trying to make a smart exit and get away onto the main road by exceeding maximum electric power demand. I have now got the hang of this by angling the vehicle in such a way as to minimise the slope but for the first few weeks when I wanted to do a short journey on pure electric, the ICE kept starting at this point.

Now that I am down in France and am charging my battery in much warmer temperatures I am still disappointed in the indicated electric range which is only 36km in 22º C ambient rather than the specification which is 50km.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My e Hybrid is here. I am scared to get it. Its a long story, but I ordered it so I can shared the excitement with my dad who had dementia. We loved talking about cars since I was 6. Ordered it last March. He fell and was in the hospital since June 2017. I slept every night at the hospital and nursing home until Dec. He went home and was making a recovery until we lost him on March 31st. I called the dealership that week and told them not to call me until after my dad's service which was scheduled on April 21st and I will not want to take delivery no earlier than the 24th if they finally get the CARB. They sent me an email and said they never received shipments of cars on Saturday in 9 years, but my car arrived on Saturday, April 21st at 9:30am and after Monday PDI will be ready at the earliest on April 24th. I am excited the car is here, but so sad my dad never got to see it. God has his way to send His messages if we look for it. In my speech for my dad, I spoke about my dream car when I was 6 which was a Toyota Celica Supra. My dad's friend had one at work and my dad told me all about it. Then the friend sold it to get a Porsche 911. That was my first introduction to a Porsche. This morning, I received a text message from somebody in the chapel that said they tracked down the friend and got his phone number if I wanted to talk to the person who owned the Celica Supra and Porsche my father talked about 40 years ago. Ironically, I switch cars every 2 years and have never owned a Porsche until tomorrow, April 24th.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ben
My e Hybrid is here. I am scared to get it. Its a long story, but I ordered it so I can shared the excitement with my dad who had dementia. We loved talking about cars since I was 6. Ordered it last March. He fell and was in the hospital since June 2017. I slept every night at the hospital and nursing home until Dec. He went home and was making a recovery until we lost him on March 31st. I called the dealership that week and told them not to call me until after my dad's service which was scheduled on April 21st and I will not want to take delivery no earlier than the 24th if they finally get the CARB. They sent me an email and said they never received shipments of cars on Saturday in 9 years, but my car arrived on Saturday, April 21st at 9:30am and after Monday PDI will be ready at the earliest on April 24th. I am excited the car is here, but so sad my dad never got to see it. God has his way to send His messages if we look for it. In my speech for my dad, I spoke about my dream car when I was 6 which was a Toyota Celica Supra. My dad's friend had one at work and my dad told me all about it. Then the friend sold it to get a Porsche 911. That was my first introduction to a Porsche. This morning, I received a text message from somebody in the chapel that said they tracked down the friend and got his phone number if I wanted to talk to the person who owned the Celica Supra and Porsche my father talked about 40 years ago. Ironically, I switch cars every 2 years and have never owned a Porsche until tomorrow, April 24th.
Very interesting story. My condolences on the passing of your father. I lost my Dad three years ago and he also had some dementia. My mother just turned 92 but she has extensive dementia and is in a 24/7 facility only a few miles from our home. I try to visit her a few times each week and she is generally happy but doesn't communicate very well.

Anyway, I'm wondering where you are located and when your car first arrived in port. Mine was also ordered last March, built in June, and arrived in San Diego on 9/15. The car still hasn't been delivered to my dealer in LA but I'm hoping it will happen this week???
Old 04-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

I am in Orange County. Although I have connections with the Rusnak organization, I was out in Riverside for a soccer tournament. I happen to stop by Walters Porsche and met a really nice salesperson by phone first and then in person. I heard Walters got 6 of their e Hybrids order in and getting ready for delivery all this week.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 PM
soCali
Track Day

I actually ordered mine from walters also, and yeah they told me they received 6 of them so far and are still getting in shipments everyday. Unfortunately I am not one of the 6, and i ordered mine in june. They said some of the earlier orders are taking longer because there is no way for them to get to the back of the containers, so they are just shipping them in order of what they have, and that hopefully all of them will be here this week.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Big Ben, thanks so much for sharing your very personal story and you are right, God does work in mysterious ways and He is helping your Dad share your excitement from above. I love hearing how things go Full Circle and now of all days, you are being rewarded with your prize car. Can't wait to see pictures. Would love to hear if you talk to the Supra Guy. Try to get some sleep tonight and enjoy your delivery tomorrow knowing your father is smiling with you. Celebrate the new and better life your Dad is enjoying. Best of luck.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:45 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by soCali
I actually ordered mine from walters also, and yeah they told me they received 6 of them so far and are still getting in shipments everyday. Unfortunately I am not one of the 6, and i ordered mine in june. They said some of the earlier orders are taking longer because there is no way for them to get to the back of the containers, so they are just shipping them in order of what they have, and that hopefully all of them will be here this week.
I guess that could explain why mine hasn't yet been delivered. It's been so long I'm almost numb.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:06 AM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Got a call from my sales rep today. Car will be arriving at the dealership tomorrow. Pickup Wednesday morning at 11am. This in the Bay Area, Northern California. Order placed 17 Nov 2017
Old 04-24-2018, 12:26 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

They've been arriving the last few days here in the Boston area also. The first three Panamera E-Hybrids arrived Friday or Saturday at one dealership here from the port in Rhode Island; their first Pan4 ST E-Hybrid is due to arrive in a couple of weeks (still on ship, evidently).
Old 04-24-2018, 09:56 AM
ahha128821
6th Gear

My e-hybrid ST arrived at my dealer in CT last Friday. Having a ceramic coat put on and black sport pipes installed then picking up Friday. Btw I managed to secure an 8.75% discount when I ordered in Feb18.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:12 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Car arrived today!! Ready for delivery but busy until the weekend. Really happy the way it turned out though!

What do you think?
Old 04-24-2018, 08:39 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Car arrived today!! Ready for delivery but busy until the weekend. Really happy the way it turned out though!

What do you think?
Looks great!! Apparently everyone is receiving their cars quickly but mine is still waiting for a truck. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my car got damaged somehow and they are holding it in San Diego at the port waiting for repairs??? Dealer doesn't seem to know anything.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

What a beautiful spec! I actually just test drove one yesterday and it is so smooth and zippy in all-electric mode, and the torque in Sport and Sport + is phenomenal. Can I ask what your MSRP was as well as the discount your dealer gave you, if any?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:15 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Looks great!! Apparently everyone is receiving their cars quickly but mine is still waiting for a truck. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my car got damaged somehow and they are holding it in San Diego at the port waiting for repairs??? Dealer doesn't seem to know anything.
Just spoke with my General Sales Manager. He told me the car arrived today. It is in the service bay and will be detailed tomorrow. Picking it up on Thursday!! It's been a long 13 months!!!
Old 04-24-2018, 10:45 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
What a beautiful spec! I actually just test drove one yesterday and it is so smooth and zippy in all-electric mode, and the torque in Sport and Sport + is phenomenal. Can I ask what your MSRP was as well as the discount your dealer gave you, if any?

Thanks a lot!. Will work out final numbers this weekend! MSRP116K

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread