Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:30 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
No, I´m living in Austria, Vienna!

Just asked my dealer last week and he confirmed that everything is on track!

actually, I don´t know how this tracking statement works!? Is it an Tracking-ID which you can check on a porsche website?

cheers, Hymo
unfortunately Porsche don't offer an online tracking system. You just have to keep pestering your dealer.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:35 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Your Sales Associate can access the Tracking System. He can print out a Tracking Statement that shows exactly which stage your vehicle is in and when it is expected to move to the next stage. It will show a "Planned Date", a "Expected Date" and an "Actual Date" for each stage. My dealer takes a screen shot and sends it to me That is how I just found out about this delay. He is trying to find out what the problem is and I haven't heard back from him. Your dealer should be able to access the Tracking Statement and send you a copy.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently speccing a Panamera E-Hybrid and was wondering about deleting following options:
Heated seats and ventilated seats

Both very valued options on my current Cayenne, but the Panamera will have a heated garage but is also standard equipped with distance heating and cooling (not sure how it is called in English).
So am I wrong that those two options are becoming useless? Or should I rather equip them for resale sake? What do you guys think about this.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I ordered the heated seats front and rear and the ventilated seats front only. I believe what you are referring to as "distance heating and cooling" is using the PCM app on your phone to pre heat the car or have the air-conditioning pre cool the car. While that is certainly the case, I still like to have heated and ventilated seats. Heated seats are nice if you have any backache or sore muscles. Ventilated seats are very nice when driving in a hot environment, even though the air conditioning keeps the car at a reasonable temperature. It just feels good to have cool air blowing on your legs and posterior, especially on long drives. Lastly, as you point out not having heated or ventilated seats can hurt the resale. Recently I was visiting the Tennessee area (hot and humid) and I stopped by a Porsche dealer. He had two white Panameras that had just come it at that time and they were the advance dealer release cars and neither one had ventilated seats. He said it will take a miracle to sell those cars in his locale and most likely he will have to either "give them away" or trade them to another region where it isn't as necessary.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:23 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice 300 miles in the car yesterday. BUT "Inspection Necessary" has come up and will not go away.

Oh dear.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:31 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Nice 300 miles in the car yesterday. BUT "Inspection Necessary" has come up and will not go away.

Oh dear.
I had that. if it's the same as my issue, check the Oil change distance in the maintenance menu and it'll say 0 miles. I took my car to the dealer and they reset the counter and all is now good. not sure why it happened and thought it was just me but if you've got the same thing then maybe it'll happen to other new owners too.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I ordered the heated seats front and rear and the ventilated seats front only. I believe what you are referring to as "distance heating and cooling" is using the PCM app on your phone to pre heat the car or have the air-conditioning pre cool the car. While that is certainly the case, I still like to have heated and ventilated seats. Heated seats are nice if you have any backache or sore muscles. Ventilated seats are very nice when driving in a hot environment, even though the air conditioning keeps the car at a reasonable temperature. It just feels good to have cool air blowing on your legs and posterior, especially on long drives. Lastly, as you point out not having heated or ventilated seats can hurt the resale. Recently I was visiting the Tennessee area (hot and humid) and I stopped by a Porsche dealer. He had two white Panameras that had just come it at that time and they were the advance dealer release cars and neither one had ventilated seats. He said it will take a miracle to sell those cars in his locale and most likely he will have to either "give them away" or trade them to another region where it isn't as necessary.
+1

I've not had ventilated seats before but I'm loving them now. As lefty said air con is great but to have the cool air on my back is great.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:45 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thanks Thor - have actually relayed this to them so hopefully avoiding the need to go to the maintenance place (miles away) and dealership can just sort. Not great if every eHybrid suffers this!!

FYI, 300 miles of motorway driving gave 30mpg. So my estimate is City driving - 18 miles ish = all electric (99+ mpg). 30 miles motorway + City =60 mpg. Motorway for 70 miles + = 30 mpg. So long distance diesel wins purely on mpg (losing on everything else of course).
Old 07-12-2017, 07:01 AM
thorfun
Racer

OK thanks Thor - have actually relayed this to them so hopefully avoiding the need to go to the maintenance place (miles away) and dealership can just sort. Not great if every eHybrid suffers this!!

FYI, 300 miles of motorway driving gave 30mpg. So my estimate is City driving - 18 miles ish = all electric (99+ mpg). 30 miles motorway + City =60 mpg. Motorway for 70 miles + = 30 mpg. So long distance diesel wins purely on mpg (losing on everything else of course).
the limited electric range will always be best on short runs and a long run like you did will be mostly on fuel so the mpg will drop drastically. but, if you're doing city driving at the other end of the 300 mile journey then you can e-charge on the motorway and carry on in electric at the other end to reduce air pollution in the built up areas.

my wife's ML350 give about 30mpg so it's nice to know that the Panamera will still be as efficient if not more so for family trips.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Yes I suppose it would be rather stupid leaving these options for merely saving 1.600 Euro (ventilated and heated seats at front).

But I am already at 153.000 Euro (175.000USD) and I am still in doubt equipping with Burmester rather than Bose. I have the Burmester in my current Cayenne, but that was a 100.000 Euro build and if I equip it now it goes to 160.000 Euro which seems a lot to me.

Someone wanting to check my current build? Always open for suggestions, or thumbs up if you like it http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PJNPXD57
Old 07-12-2017, 09:25 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Yoeris
Yes I suppose it would be rather stupid leaving these options for merely saving 1.600 Euro (ventilated and heated seats at front).

But I am already at 153.000 Euro (175.000USD) and I am still in doubt equipping with Burmester rather than Bose. I have the Burmester in my current Cayenne, but that was a 100.000 Euro build and if I equip it now it goes to 160.000 Euro which seems a lot to me.

Someone wanting to check my current build? Always open for suggestions, or thumbs up if you like it http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...px?c=/PJNPXD57
I fully understand how the costs keeps going up and up when ticking boxes on the configurator! and something generally has to be left out.
your build looks good. I have a couple of comments though.

1. you have privacy glass AND sunshades on the rear windows. do you need both? maybe you can get rid of one to save some money? I decided to not have the privacy glass and get the shades after talking with my children. they decided that they didn't want the darkened windows as it reduces what they can see at night.

2. the BOSE system. I didn't get this as I was worried about the extra reduction in boot space that might come with this. with the hybrid batteries under the boot and the car battery moved to the side I wonder where they put the subwoofer? I remember in the old hybrid that has the Bose system I test drove the subwoofer reduced the boot space considerably. might be worth checking if the Bose system or even the Burmester reduces the boot space more. Maybe another 4 e-hybrid owner that has the Bose system can confirm if the sub takes up space in the boot?

3. you've ticked the "digital radio" box. I don't remember ticking anything like that and the car still came with a DAB radio. but my Dutch is non-existent so that box might be something more than DAB!

For me I would prefer Adaptive Cruise Control to the BOSE system as I find it takes the stress out of long motorway driving and is very useful for the average speed limit cameras and motorway speed cameras we have in the UK.

I also chose a standard metallic colour to save some money from the special colours and used that elsewhere.

But, it's a very nice looking car! I spent ages going through the configurator and changing options and adding stuff and taking others away.

Speccing up the car is a very personal thing and you should, ultimately, get what you want. As someone said on here once, you'll love the car no matter what you choose as options so just tick boxes until you're happy or your budget is at it's limit.

good luck!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Motorway for 70 miles + = 30 mpg.
It's fairly important to note average speed when talking about high-speed cruising MPG. Air drag increases with the square of wind velocity. Miles covered increases linearly with velocity (obviously). So fuel efficiency decreases linearly with speed (that is, speed / speed^2 = 1/speed).

I observed about 35 MPG in my PSeH at 60 MPH on long trips, as reported by the car (rather than by measuring refueling). Note that I'm talking US gallons, which are smaller than UK gallons, so ~42 MPG UK. At 70 MPH I'd expect that to be 42 * 60 / 70 = 36 MPG UK. At 84 MPH I'd expect 42 * 60 / 84 = 30 MPG.

So either fuel efficiency has gone down, you were a bit unlucky for that trip for some reason, or you were driving faster than they let us drive here .
Old 07-12-2017, 09:43 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
...or you were driving faster than they let us drive here .

Old 07-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by thorfun
I fully understand how the costs keeps going up and up when ticking boxes on the configurator! and something generally has to be left out.
your build looks good. I have a couple of comments though.

1. you have privacy glass AND sunshades on the rear windows. do you need both? maybe you can get rid of one to save some money? I decided to not have the privacy glass and get the shades after talking with my children. they decided that they didn't want the darkened windows as it reduces what they can see at night.

2. the BOSE system. I didn't get this as I was worried about the extra reduction in boot space that might come with this. with the hybrid batteries under the boot and the car battery moved to the side I wonder where they put the subwoofer? I remember in the old hybrid that has the Bose system I test drove the subwoofer reduced the boot space considerably. might be worth checking if the Bose system or even the Burmester reduces the boot space more. Maybe another 4 e-hybrid owner that has the Bose system can confirm if the sub takes up space in the boot?

3. you've ticked the "digital radio" box. I don't remember ticking anything like that and the car still came with a DAB radio. but my Dutch is non-existent so that box might be something more than DAB!

For me I would prefer Adaptive Cruise Control to the BOSE system as I find it takes the stress out of long motorway driving and is very useful for the average speed limit cameras and motorway speed cameras we have in the UK.

I also chose a standard metallic colour to save some money from the special colours and used that elsewhere.

But, it's a very nice looking car! I spent ages going through the configurator and changing options and adding stuff and taking others away.

Speccing up the car is a very personal thing and you should, ultimately, get what you want. As someone said on here once, you'll love the car no matter what you choose as options so just tick boxes until you're happy or your budget is at it's limit.

good luck!
Thanks thorfun, much appreciated reply!

About the privacy glass and sunshades, yes certainly something to give some thought. The Cayenne has privacy glass, but my 1 year old daughter (which I can't ask yet ) still hates it when the summer sun shines through, so I thought of combining them both for maximizing shade. However the shades only might do the trick?
But in the other case, I like the look of the privacy glass because of the similarity with the panorama roof that runs through the glass of the trunk if you can follow me.

I am rather a music enthousiast so I can't live with the standard sound I think, but thanks for pointing out that it might reduce the trunk space some more, surely something to ask the dealer this Friday.

Yes that digital audio option is DAB, nothing more, it might be a option here because it's not that frequent in my country?

I seldom use the motorway otherwise I would've ticked the adaptive CC. Thus I spent more in the 4-axle steering and sport exhaust, but not sure how that last one sounds compared to the standard exhaust.

And yes the GT Silver surplus is steep, but I am having trouble finding a color that suits 'me' on the Panamera. Currently I have a blue Cayenne, so that's out of the question and in black I find that most of the lines dissapear.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:12 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by Yoeris
Thanks thorfun, much appreciated reply!

About the privacy glass and sunshades, yes certainly something to give some thought. The Cayenne has privacy glass, but my 1 year old daughter (which I can't ask yet ) still hates it when the summer sun shines through, so I thought of combining them both for maximizing shade. However the shades only might do the trick?
But in the other case, I like the look of the privacy glass because of the similarity with the panorama roof that runs through the glass of the trunk if you can follow me.

I am rather a music enthousiast so I can't live with the standard sound I think, but thanks for pointing out that it might reduce the trunk space some more, surely something to ask the dealer this Friday.

Yes that digital audio option is DAB, nothing more, it might be a option here because it's not that frequent in my country?

I seldom use the motorway otherwise I would've ticked the adaptive CC. Thus I spent more in the 4-axle steering and sport exhaust, but not sure how that last one sounds compared to the standard exhaust.

And yes the GT Silver surplus is steep, but I am having trouble finding a color that suits 'me' on the Panamera. Currently I have a blue Cayenne, so that's out of the question and in black I find that most of the lines dissapear.
all makes perfect sense! I really like the GT silver. someone else on here has one and it looks great.

good luck with the choices. I think I drove myself slightly insane with deciding.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread