Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New to the forum. Quick question about the 2017 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:12 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoustonTexans24
Hey everyone. Thanks for all opinions on my original post. My 2017 Panamera was just delivered yesterday. Wanted to share some quick pics. Love the way it turned out.
Love the color! Are your windows tinted? Do you see any scratches like the previous Panamera? Enjoy the ride!
Old 06-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,322 Likes on 488 Posts

Looks great, Houston! Love the interior! :-)

Did you get the brake calipers painted red by the Porsche Centre?
Old 06-13-2017, 06:14 PM
gradyvillejb
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lee_337
Look forward to seeing it, it is a color I am considering. I think that and GT Silver would be my 'special' colors of choice. Not really interested in paying for PTS to get GT Silver though.
I saw a 2017 (base) at my dealer in GT Silver with black wheels, and I could not get that combo out of my head. Ended up getting it a few days later and I've not regretted it (despite the paint surcharge). I still love walking out to the driveway and seeing my Panamera sitting there.

Previously, I was debating between Night Blue and Volcano.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:06 AM
porshiok
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Looks great, Houston! Love the interior! :-)

Did you get the brake calipers painted red by the Porsche Centre?
Houston - I agree with Wing Commander, I love the Chalk with red interior. If you only had black wheels =) That being said, I have never seen someone mod their Turbo wheels black. You made the right choice. The white wheels on white exterior combo would have been a bit too Miami Vice. You would have to wear a colored t-shirt, with a full white leisure suit and sockless loafers all the time to pull it off!

The base calipers are just plain grey, so this must have been aftermarket by the dealer, right? I am getting mine done. Did they include the paint job or did you do it aftermarket? The P dealer quoted me $3k, which seems high, but I guess they have to jack up the car, remove the wheels, take apart the calipers, paint them red with special heatproof paint, then after it dries, they have to stencil in the white "PORSCHE" on each caliper. Oh wait, I forgot that they also have to add in the customary Porsche markup =(

Originally Posted by gradyvillejb
I saw a 2017 (base) at my dealer in GT Silver with black wheels, and I could not get that combo out of my head. Ended up getting it a few days later and I've not regretted it (despite the paint surcharge). I still love walking out to the driveway and seeing my Panamera sitting there.

Previously, I was debating between Night Blue and Volcano.
Gradyvillejb - I saw a 2017 Panamera Turbo GT silver with high gloss black wheels and red interior at one dealer and it almost made me swing for the fences. What a gorgeous combo. You are one lucky driver. In the end, I just could not stomach the ~$60k premium from the loaded P4 I ended up with. I felt that the ~$60k would be better applied towards my 991.2 fund!
Old 06-14-2017, 05:17 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=porshiok;14254380]
The base calipers are just plain grey, so this must have been aftermarket by the dealer, right? I am getting mine done. Did they include the paint job or did you do it aftermarket? The P dealer quoted me $3k, which seems high, but I guess they have to jack up the car, remove the wheels, take apart the calipers, paint them red with special heatproof paint, then after it dries, they have to stencil in the white "PORSCHE" on each caliper. Oh wait, I forgot that they also have to add in the customary Porsche markup =(

Porshiok,

I've been asking around in the LA area to paint the calipers the prices they quoted was no where near $3000.

Quick Reply: New to the forum. Quick question about the 2017 Panamera