Panamera 2010-Current

New to the forum. Quick question about the 2017 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:49 AM
HoustonTexans24
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum. Quick question about the 2017 Panamera

Hey everyone, new to the forum have been browsing for a very long time.I have a quick newbie question. I have a 2017 base model (would love a turbo, but a little bit out of my budget) Panamera in Chalk with red interior on order scheduled for delivery in June. I'm having second thoughts and am liking the combination of white exterior, white wheels, and red interior more. Would it still be possible to change my order with my dealership? All I have done is paid the deposit, nothing else yet. Just a little newbie question as this will be my first Porsche and I just want to make it perfect. The chalk model is exactly as it is on the attached image, and I am considering the white, with white wheels attached as well. Would love you guys opinion on which color is better as well. Thank You all!
Attached Images   
Old 05-23-2017, 03:00 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you can change/edit your order until the order is locked in. If you want to change things, you should contact your dealer asap. In my opinion, I think the wheels in the first picture looks nicer. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:17 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion (only), definitely the 21 Turbos over the white wheels! It's a Porsche, not a snowflake.

Build will lock in when you pay 10% and the dealer will normally tell you it's about to lock in. Normally 6 weeks before. So if you have a delivery scheduled for June I would be VERY surprised if you were not too late (especially as you are in the US and presumably the car has already been built?).
Old 05-23-2017, 11:40 AM
lee_337
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts
Default When I see white wheel on a white car...

All I can think of is this;

I am probably dating myself. Bottom line is you should get what makes you happy! I had a white BMW with red interior. I loved it to begin with, but after a year and a half, I was kind of done with it. The red in the Panamera looks great, and I like how it comes with red deviated stitching on the black leather around the top of the interior. As good as it looks, I am going black.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:22 PM
HoustonTexans24
3rd Gear

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm gonna keep my chalk order intact. Will share some pics once it's here.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Good decision! :-)
Old 05-24-2017, 03:52 PM
lee_337
Instructor

Originally Posted by HoustonTexans24
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm gonna keep my chalk order intact. Will share some pics once it's here.
Look forward to seeing it, it is a color I am considering. I think that and GT Silver would be my 'special' colors of choice. Not really interested in paying for PTS to get GT Silver though.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

When I saw pictures, I thought Agate Gray looked the best of the available colors. But then I saw the chalk! They never quite look good in the configurator or in photos. But in person it was really really nice. For me it walks a nice balance between a color that's "different" but doesn't shout "look at me!" Distinct and subtle at the same time.

But then........ the question that begs asking is that if you're ordering a car and picking one of the special colors for $3,310, for an additional $3,640 you can do paint-to-sample and get a really distinct Panamera. Hmmm...
Old 05-26-2017, 02:44 AM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
... for an additional $3,640 you can do paint-to-sample and get a really distinct Panamera. Hmmm...
Curious. Where did you get this pricing info? I inquired about PTS for the panamera I have on order and was told they are not accepting PTS orders yet.
There is no ETA either. If they at least gave me date, I might wait. My order locks on 6/6 so I guess I'll be stuck with Volcano.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, AFAIK PTS for all models is $6950, no?

What I meant was that, if you're going to order it with one of the "special colors" like chalk and carmine red that'll cost you a $3310 surcharge anyways, you might want to consider paying the additional amount and open Porsche's entire palette.

I can guess why you can't get PTS but obviously all speculation. The 2017 "new" Panamera is working on a short year, where they're trying to push out as much '17s as they can before they all go on holiday and start making '18s when they come back. That means bolting together as much "standard" Pannys with off-the-rack options as they can. Setting up the production line to bake your special car with PTS and all the Porsche Exclusive doo-dahs delays everything else that comes behind it, and that's verboten. Yes? No? But it sounds good, right?

I would be shocked if PTS wasn't made available for the '18s when they have a full year. When talking about an allocation for an '18 Sport Turismo for fall delivery, the GM at my local dealer was giving me the hard sell on it... in a good way. He knows I was salivating over the possibilities.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:08 AM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Got it. Thanks. I thought maybe you saw the PTS cost or option posted somewhere. My order is for a 2018 e-Hybrid Sept Delivery. Please let me know if you get further info on PTS becoming available. I will ask my SA again but I'm not hopeful. I only have a couple weeks left before the order locks.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

To the OP my dealer has a turbo in the white wheels exactly as pictured and from what I'm told they're having a hard time selling it because of it.

I prefer the turbo wheels you chose, and from what I understand they're forged.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:18 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
To the OP my dealer has a turbo in the white wheels exactly as pictured and from what I'm told they're having a hard time selling it because of it.

I prefer the turbo wheels you chose, and from what I understand they're forged.
Are you talking about the standard base turbo wheels? I'd personally rather get 20" because of tire choices. Wish they offer more wheels or tires.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:44 PM
lee_337
Instructor

Originally Posted by gtr
Are you talking about the standard base turbo wheels? I'd personally rather get 20" because of tire choices. Wish they offer more wheels or tires.
I wish we could get these!

Probably a PITA, but I think the center lock and that pattern looks awesome!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:34 PM
HoustonTexans24
3rd Gear

Hey everyone. Thanks for all opinions on my original post. My 2017 panamera was just delivered yesterday. Wanted to share some quick pics. Love the way it turned out.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: New to the forum. Quick question about the 2017 Panamera