Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Share your impressions of the 2017/2018 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017 | 10:45 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Question for you guys - the center vent. It always seems to start as turned off, any way to keep that thing on?

Also, here is my solution to the 991/Panny - love the combo - a choice of wings !

Old 06-23-2017 | 09:19 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Great pictures. . and similar to my garage. . minus the wings.
I have the 911 and Panamera Turbo. . right next to each other
J
Old 06-24-2017 | 10:39 AM
AJRDU
Intermediate

[QUOTE=philipatl;14274246]Question for you guys - the center vent. It always seems to start as turned off, any way to keep that thing on?

It's tied to your memory settings/key. once you have it the way you want it, save the setting via the buttons on the door. Next time it'll start in the right position.
Old 06-24-2017 | 04:48 PM
philipatl
Instructor

[QUOTE=AJRDU;14277131]
Originally Posted by philipatl
Question for you guys - the center vent. It always seems to start as turned off, any way to keep that thing on?

It's tied to your memory settings/key. once you have it the way you want it, save the setting via the buttons on the door. Next time it'll start in the right position.
Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2017 | 02:41 AM
Desiree Gandrup
1st Gear

I am new to this forum. Test drove a Panamera today. Didn't have enough time to test drive a 4 or 4S. I don't necessarily need an AWD but would love to get opinions if it is worth it. I know I get significant more HP with the turbo but again this is going to be a daily driver and Bay Area traffic. I'm thinking and base will be good enough but need some thoughts from folks. Current driving a BMW 335i xdrive but have never gone to the snow to really leverage the AWD. Our other car is an X5 which we take to the snow.
Also what are the 'must have'/shouldn't live without features? Love the blue and would love to accent the badging and calipers in yellow. Can this be done? I didn't see this in the configurator but a friend said the dealer can request this. Does anyone know?

Finally, if I order now would this be a 2018 model?
Old 06-25-2017 | 10:33 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Welcome. .
Yes - orders now are 2018
Yellow Calipers are reserved for composite brakes - they can be ordered
I would encourage the AWD and all wheel steering combo - think that they provide great balance to the car
Good luck and please either post or message with any other questions or help on order!!
Cheers
Jack
Old 06-29-2017 | 06:54 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Hi everyone. New here, soon to be in the market for a Panamera 4S (or possibly even the Sport Turismo 4S). I was wondering if there's a sub-forum, or perhaps a forum elsewhere, to discuss buying/leasing experience? I get that these are "expensive cars" but I have to believe that some dealers are better about, well, dealing than others. If they're all more or less the same, so be it I suppose.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Old 06-29-2017 | 07:56 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Welcome, pokingaround. Are you based in the US, UK or elsewhere, as the answer to your query may depend on your location?
Old 06-30-2017 | 10:03 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Welcome, pokingaround. Are you based in the US, UK or elsewhere, as the answer to your query may depend on your location?
Thanks Wing Commander. I'm in the US, the NYC area (Westchester County, north of the city, to be more specific). My BMW is in Ridgefield, CT for example.
Old 06-30-2017 | 11:03 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Pokingaround. . .lucky to be in NYC area because you have some competition. Not familiar with the dealers there. . but would post your question on the panamera page and the 911 page
Cheers and good luck
Old 06-30-2017 | 12:01 PM
Rossww
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Hi everyone. New here, soon to be in the market for a Panamera 4S (or possibly even the Sport Turismo 4S). I was wondering if there's a sub-forum, or perhaps a forum elsewhere, to discuss buying/leasing experience? I get that these are "expensive cars" but I have to believe that some dealers are better about, well, dealing than others. If they're all more or less the same, so be it I suppose.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
I'm also in Westchester and ordered my 4S in Dec and picked it up in May. I reached out to all the local dealers before I ordered mine and I'm happy to share my impressions if you want to speak or email.
Old 06-30-2017 | 01:23 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Pokingaround. . .lucky to be in NYC area because you have some competition. Not familiar with the dealers there. . but would post your question on the panamera page and the 911 page
Cheers and good luck
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rossww
I'm also in Westchester and ordered my 4S in Dec and picked it up in May. I reached out to all the local dealers before I ordered mine and I'm happy to share my impressions if you want to speak or email.
I'd very much appreciate that Rossww, thanks! I guess we can use the PM system here?
Old 06-30-2017 | 02:25 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Thanks Wing Commander. I'm in the US, the NYC area (Westchester County, north of the city, to be more specific). My BMW is in Ridgefield, CT for example.
Good luck! I hope you are successful in locating a dealership that will give you a good deal. Discounts are pretty much unheard of over here in the UK in Porsche Centres. I was still happy to pay full price for my Panamera 4 though, and I am sure that you will not be disappointed when you finally collect your new Porsche!
Old 07-01-2017 | 01:36 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Good luck! I hope you are successful in locating a dealership that will give you a good deal. Discounts are pretty much unheard of over here in the UK in Porsche Centres. I was still happy to pay full price for my Panamera 4 though, and I am sure that you will not be disappointed when you finally collect your new Porsche!
Thanks! Hope to test drive a 4 and 4S soon.
Old 07-01-2017 | 02:06 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Am sure you'll love them both! I'll be interested to hear if you think the extra cost of a 4S is worth it over the 4...

Quick Reply: Share your impressions of the 2017/2018 Panamera