Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera S e-Hybrid fault

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
poompuridet
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera S e-Hybrid fault

Got the e-Hybrid for over 6 months and put 4000miles on it. Have no problem with it until 3 days ago I went in to start my car and the car won't start up and it display a hybrid failure icon and say "Park Vehicle Safely" and the car won't start up. Anyone found this issue?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-03-2014, 09:51 PM
ace10
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Any updates on this... a week later?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

While it's oddly phrased, I strongly suspect "park vehicle safely" is really an error saying "stop and get your car towed, the drive system is hosed." No way to know anything more than that - could be the battery, could be the electrical motor.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:47 PM
poompuridet
2nd Gear

i got this problem fixed, my dealer took hybrid battery out and replace battery housing case due to recalls and update hybrid system software, now 2weeks + later i have no problem with my car - happy
Old 10-22-2015, 01:22 PM
varit7530
2nd Gear

Hi, I'm from Thailand.

I also have this same problem. The car won't start either.
My dealer still has no ideas on this problem. (They just disconnect the small battery for 30 minutes and connect it again, and the car will start.)
They said that they would try to update the hybrid software first, and see whether it would solve the problem or not.

Could you please help me provide more details on the solution or the part that need to be changed?

Thanks a lot.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

There's no way to know for certain what's wrong just from the error message. It's the Hybrid system equivalent of the "Check Engine Light" - a lot of different conditions can throw that message.

There is a recall that involves pulling the traction battery to replace the charge controller. I had that done in August. No way to know if it's at all related, though.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM
healthyspeed
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cayenne hybrid fault

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid with less than 12,000 miles on it. However when I drive the vehicle hard for about 15min, a warning sign in yellow shows up on the dash "Fault Hybrid System". The car continues to run without the battery assist and the fault disappears after a cooling down period, mostly after restarting the vehicle after some minutes.

Anyone experience this? what is the resolution?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2017, 07:47 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The resolution is to take it to the dealer (you may have already figured this out).

With the e-hybrids, there are all sorts of algorithms that dictate how the hybrid system will operate and temperature - especially battery temperature - is a huge factor.

I am sure that by now you have had this fixed and they likely did a firmware or sensor update.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 AM
healthyspeed
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My nearest and only dealer in the country is 500 miles away!

I have the first generation of the hybrid system. I hope its a small fix.
I have heard from other Porsche technicians that the fault lies in the electric motor heating up. This is clearly down to manufacturing design fault if thats the case. Although I'm hoping its a software or something of that sort.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Pkcayenne
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Icarsoft different models

Does anyone know the difference for the two models

http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoft...tic/index.html
Old 09-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Aimad
1st Gear

Default Hybrid (Park your vehicle safely) message

Originally Posted by poompuridet
i got this problem fixed, my dealer took hybrid battery out and replace battery housing case due to recalls and update hybrid system software, now 2weeks + later i have no problem with my car - happy
Hi there
was your problem fixed permanently? I know it dates

The massage i got today
back to 2014😊
I own a 2014 ehybrid Panamera that currently suffers from the same issue. The guys at the dealership as well as those of Porsche are struggling to have it fixed, despite the fact that they kept the car for over a week to both do the 60K service as well as attend to what has started as a "Generator fault". The dealership has opened a ticket with Porsche. They have asked to observe the car and confirmed that the ticket will remain open. I'd have assumed that, by now, Porsche is fully aware of what needs to be done in this case. I'm starting to regret having bought what is rapidly turning into a brick. Any suggestions you guys may have? Many thanks.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:49 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

this thread is what gives me anxiety about the e-hybrid system. If it were a Prius I wouldn’t be concerned because the cars, apparently, don’t exceed 30 mph and Toyota only sells them to the worst drivers on the planet. The Porsche e-hybrid system is no different than other manufacturers, in concept but in the application the level of complexity seems orders of magnitude higher given the operating parameters of the vehicle.

Porsche is going all electric within a decade (Taps plays silently in the background) and I don’t see them making the investment in the e-hybrid system. I don’t want to spend $250k (taxes and licensing added) for a technology that is end-of-lifed by the manufacturer. I did have a Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid sport turismo on order, but canceled it because of a model year dispute with Porsche. I was expecting to place a new order but am now thinking I’ll skip the e-hybrid part of the Turbo S.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:42 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
this thread is what gives me anxiety about the e-hybrid system. If it were a Prius I wouldn’t be concerned because the cars, apparently, don’t exceed 30 mph and Toyota only sells them to the worst drivers on the planet. The Porsche e-hybrid system is no different than other manufacturers, in concept but in the application the level of complexity seems orders of magnitude higher given the operating parameters of the vehicle.

Porsche is going all electric within a decade (Taps plays silently in the background) and I don’t see them making the investment in the e-hybrid system. I don’t want to spend $250k (taxes and licensing added) for a technology that is end-of-lifed by the manufacturer. I did have a Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid sport turismo on order, but canceled it because of a model year dispute with Porsche. I was expecting to place a new order but am now thinking I’ll skip the e-hybrid part of the Turbo S.

I can certainly understand this way of thinking. But I've just passed 13k miles on my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo, and it's a dream car. It may be a couple of hundred horsepower lower than the Turbo S E-Hybrid, but I find its 460 hp plenty fine and pretty amazing. Yes, it's a very complex system, getting both electric motor and ICE powering all four wheels, but I've yet to experience any real problems, and I put 7600 miles on the car in 2.5 weeks in a cross-country trip. Around home, I'm only filling up on gas about once every 3-4 weeks, getting around 1200 miles to a full tank of gas consistently. This car is way better than my 2015 Panamera 4. And I test-drove two different 2018 Panamera Turbo S (non-hybrid) cars and was not nearly as impressed as with the E-Hybrid Panamera 4.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:49 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

@Aimad
Could be many things, the car has very fine tolerances on the hybrid system.
My biz partner (2015 SE Hybrid) had a battery change because one cell was putting out 0.1v more than its parameter - which was only 0.2v above the voltage it "should have been".
Your fault could be that, it could be the hybrid control module, or it could quite simply need a reset if a sensor has thrown a wobbly.

I am surprised they let you drive it, in UK it would be quarantined outside the building, like my biz partners was for 52 days - because no one new what the issue was for about a month.

The new model is way better, but that doesn't mean the S E Hybrids are not good. I did 36k miles in my S E hybrid, with little issues except 3 injectors on the engine (nothing to do with the Hybrid system) and enjoyed every mile.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 AM
chayo.bkk
1st Gear

Unhappy Porsche Panamera SE Hybrid Fault "Park vehicle safely"

Porsche Panamera SE Hybrid Fault on 29-Mar-2019. Happened first time on 31-Aug-2017.
Originally Posted by Aimad
Hi there
was your problem fixed permanently? I know it dates

The massage i got today
back to 2014😊
I own a 2014 ehybrid Panamera that currently suffers from the same issue. The guys at the dealership as well as those of Porsche are struggling to have it fixed, despite the fact that they kept the car for over a week to both do the 60K service as well as attend to what has started as a "Generator fault". The dealership has opened a ticket with Porsche. They have asked to observe the car and confirmed that the ticket will remain open. I'd have assumed that, by now, Porsche is fully aware of what needs to be done in this case. I'm starting to regret having bought what is rapidly turning into a brick. Any suggestions you guys may have? Many thanks.

Quick Reply: Panamera S e-Hybrid fault