Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Has anybody tried the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Has anybody tried the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana Turbo???

Guys,

I am considering trying this flash on my 2010 Pana Turbo. Apparently, I am the only guy in America who is underwhelmed with the stock power on the Pana Turbo. I came out of a 2012 CLS63, which was noticeably faster stock. After I flashed the Benz, it was no comparison.

Anyhow, if anybody has real experience with the GIAC ECU flash, I'd like some feedback - good, bad or otherwise.

Thx to all!!!

Wolf
Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Guys,

I am considering trying this flash on my 2010 Pana Turbo. Apparently, I am the only guy in America who is underwhelmed with the stock power on the Pana Turbo. I came out of a 2012 CLS63, which was noticeably faster stock. After I flashed the Benz, it was no comparison.

Anyhow, if anybody has real experience with the GIAC ECU flash, I'd like some feedback - good, bad or otherwise.

Thx to all!!!

Wolf
I'm scheduled to do it along with some exhaust mods within the next couple of weeks. We'll see.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:46 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Wolf - Can you share any experiences with the CLS 63? My lease is almost up, and I am betwixt and between on ordering a) merc CLS 63 or b) Panny GTS. Have driven the GTS and absolutely loved it. No seat time yet in the CLS, but just love the way it looks on the road. Any insight into the car pro/con would be appreciated. I would say im 50/50 at this point on either one, as both seem like amazing luxury sport sedans. Thanks

Cole
Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Guys,

Thx to all!!!

Wolf

I hope this is allowed, but here you will find comments about a PTT w/powerkit and GIAC:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/p...on-better.html

Here was a comparison on real performance data?

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...we-tuning.html

If you still need more power, I would powerkit it.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 44 Posts

Cole,

Biggest problems I had with the CLS were that it is traction limited with all that power and 2wd. I also thought the handling was lacking, which proved to be true once I drove the Pana TT. Rear visibility sucks with the CLS and the interior is bland at best. On the positive side, the motor was great, throttle response was much more immediate than the PTT. Once I flashed the Benz it was so fast that when I first got my PTT, I sent it to you dealer because it was so slow that I thought something must be wrong with the motor. They said the car was perfect and that I am the problem!!!!

PTT has vastly superior handling, so I would imagine the Pana GTS is at least as good if not better. Pana interior is also way nicer and rearward visibility is better.

If I can just flash the PTT to bring it to life a bit I think I will be happy. Good luck. I am sure you will be happy either way!!!

Wolf
Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wolf...thanks much. My wife already has a benz (S550), so I am really leaning toward the Panny GTS. Sounds lke the best option for me. Enjoy
Old 09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
GT3inTX
Rennlist Member

I was looking at the Powerkit for my 2012 Pana Turbo but they have discontinued it, apparently the turbo recall has created such a backlog on standard turbos they just dropped the kit. The best data is from the Tech Art kit, specifically the new Stage II with 120 HP. But Tech Art in the US is such a joke with regards to service and support I won't buy from them anymore. I here a few others like Champion are developing kits, so I will wait.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Default GIAC

Yes, just did it on my 2011 PT. They are right in your backyard in OC. With exhaust and intake mods, very glad I did it and pleased with the results. More power/tq everywhere and smoother with less lag. Much better deal and more power than the PKit. I have no regrets. I'm in San Diego. Feel free to pm with any questions.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Nelson,

What exhaust and intake mods did you do and who did you have do the work and the ECU upgrade for you.

Glad you like it!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:46 AM
NelsonF
Pro

[QUOTE=supercup;9942379]Nelson,

What exhaust and intake mods did you do and who did you have do the work and the ECU upgrade for you.

Glad you like it![/QUOTE

John,

In addition to the GIAC programming, I did the IPD plenum intake with BMC filter and Fabspeed down pipe with 200cell sport cats coupled with the Fabspeed Xpipe. This all flows into the stock PSE mufflers and sport tailpipes for a stock look. Results are terrific bark on startup and a much more aggressive
growl on acceleration though it still maintains the stock turbo character when not driven aggressively. Power is markedly improved throughout. I recommend highly. Garrett at GIAC has done Porsche tuning for many years. I've had GIAC programming on a couple of my cars with nice results. Will post dyno shortly.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 AM
cayenne_ksa
Intermediate

http://bd-motor.com/page.php?action=pview&id=185

The car is tuned and super fast
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

[quote=NelsonF;9942543]
Originally Posted by supercup
Nelson,

Glad you like it![/QUOTE

John,

In addition to the GIAC programming, I did the IPD plenum intake with BMC filter and Fabspeed down pipe with 200cell sport cats coupled with the Fabspeed Xpipe. This all flows into the stock PSE mufflers and sport tailpipes for a stock look. Results are terrific bark on startup and a much more aggressive
growl on acceleration though it still maintains the stock turbo character when not driven aggressively. Power is markedly improved throughout. I recommend highly. Garrett at GIAC has done Porsche tuning for many years. I've had GIAC programming on a couple of my cars with nice results. Will post dyno shortly.

Thx - sounds awesome!

John

Quick Reply: Has anybody tried the GIAC ECU flash on their Pana Turbo???