Newport Beach Porsche- Caution!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM
flynduc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newport Beach Porsche- Caution!

Panamera Dealer Experience- Watch out
I just bought a nicely equipped Panamera V6 for my wife last weekend.
I test drove the car in Newport Beach, and the car I drove had 18 inch rims, but the sticker still shows 19inch Turbo wheels as an option. It is a $1900 option. When I asked the saleman, he said he wasn't aware that they were not 19 inch, but they were swapped out to another car.He acted like it was no big deal. He said they will credit the money if I buy the car. Well, if I didn't tell him, he would not have known. Customers who don't pay attention to these things may end up paying for a car that didn't even have those options. I told him they should have put a note on the car right away when the wheels were removed, so their customers don't get charged accidentally. That's the right way to do it. On the other hand, when they add any aftermarket wheels and etc...., there is always a big sticker on the cars!

Anyway, I was unhappy with their busienss practice. I went to Walter's Porsche in Riverside instead. I've bought another 911 from them before, and what a big difference. The dealership is much smaller, but the sales person was great. Everyone was friendly, and the sales manager was very great, and got us a very good deal in no time. They were awesome to do business with.
It just shows that consumers have to be really careful when they buy cars. Never buy a car from any dealers that you have a bad feeling about.
There are so many other ones to choose from, and it makes a big difference.

We are enjoying our new Panamera, and everytime my wife sits in that new car, she has a big smile in her face!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Great catch......you are so right about adding money for aftermarket wheels..........congrats on the car....
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy you are enjoying the car! I called the other day to make sure all was good. The Mrs. was very happy with her Panamera. Hope to see you soon!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on Walter's. I live nearby, have bought or leased 4 Porsches from them since 2007, most recently my GTS a few weeks ago. Bob McDonald (salesman) and Pete Laban (sales mgr) are a great team. I've bought a lot of cars over the years and I won't hesitate to complain (or walk) if I feel I'm not being treated properly. I've had NO complaints whatever with these gentlemen. I would recommend them highly to anyone in the SoCal area.

DMoore
'11 Carrera GTS
'10 Panamera 4S
Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 AM
flynduc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob and Pete helped me too.... Very pleased!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

20" Rims +9000$ and they keep the stocks and sell em to someone else.lol.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:51 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts
Default Good point

+1

I always insist on retaining the original wheels if I pay for the aftermarket upgrade or ask for a credit for the value of the OEM wheels against the new wheels.......usually get the original wheels back to keep as a second set....

learned this from BMW buying experiences........
Old 04-09-2011, 05:05 AM
jjrho
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new port porsche

hum..i got my '10 Pan S at newport and had good experience...but i am in loma linda so... we drop by walter's all the time....

is that u Don M , pedSurg/LLU ? eitherway, we have a IE cars N coffee meets....
let's get together...

jim R
03 TT x50
10 Pan S

Quick Reply: Newport Beach Porsche- Caution!