Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New Panamera Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:38 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New Panamera Question

I know I am not the most computer savvy guy in the world, but....it seems with my new Turbo I have to prgram things twice (like vehicle settings, mirrors, door locks, radio stations, etc.). The first time I set it it is fine while driving, but the next time I start the car it is back to the old settings...then I do it again (I think the same way) and then it "sticks."
Is this common or am I nuts????
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This happened to me. All of these settings are saved on the key when you lock the car. And they are saved on the memory buttons for the seat. If you have not set the seat memory, then hit one of those buttons, you will lose everything. There is a way to recover the old settings--cant remember exactly--but something about using the unlock button on the key fob and holding it for 10 seconds--its in the manual.

I set the seat memory (after resetting all the radio settings, PCM, etc.), then locked and unlocked the door. Havent lost anything since.
The following users liked this post:
Hellbent 706 (02-15-2024)
Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here.. in fact, headed down to dealer/service right now for appt on something else.. that's on my list.

i changed all light delay settings from 300 sec. to 20 seconds.. back to 300 secs.. multi-function display in setup asks me if I want to show station list or preset list for audio. I choose preset, always shows me entire station list.

otherwise - I am in love!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
jmm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pilot Error.

When you set the preferences you set them for the ride. They go away after you stop and restart. If you want them to stay you can do one of two things. Either lock and unlock the car with the remote to permanently store the new settings or turn on the preference buttons on the door and choose (1) or (2) and "set." You will hear a faint tone that acknowledges the input. I would then turn the preference button off to keep someone else from accidentally changing your choices. Any seat or radio or other preferences will be changeable by choice at this point, but the preferred settings can be recalled by turning the preference button on and selecting (1) or (2).

Hopefully that is clear, even though it is complicated. When you set your preferences make sure everything is exactly like you want it or you will return to the unwanted selection when you choose (1) or (2)

Preferences set this way include all radio choices, limits, seat settings, mirror settings, units settings, configurable gauge settings, PCM settings, Sport Chrono settings including the display, and probably several more I'm not thinking of.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm
Pilot Error.

When you set the preferences you set them for the ride. They go away after you stop and restart. If you want them to stay you can do one of two things. Either lock and unlock the car with the remote to permanently store the new settings or turn on the preference buttons on the door and choose (1) or (2) and "set." You will hear a faint tone that acknowledges the input. I would then turn the preference button off to keep someone else from accidentally changing your choices. Any seat or radio or other preferences will be changeable by choice at this point, but the preferred settings can be recalled by turning the preference button on and selecting (1) or (2).

Hopefully that is clear, even though it is complicated. When you set your preferences make sure everything is exactly like you want it or you will return to the unwanted selection when you choose (1) or (2)

Preferences set this way include all radio choices, limits, seat settings, mirror settings, units settings, configurable gauge settings, PCM settings, Sport Chrono settings including the display, and probably several more I'm not thinking of.

Thanks!
I seem to remember that in the manual; I'll go back and reread it tonight.
Not sure why everything is linked to the door set number.
I also turned off the "comfort entry" since I don't need the steering wheel and seat to move around to let me in or out of the car.

I just went out and checked the settings and they are as I set them this morning. I locked and unlocked with the key fob just to make sure.

These darn German engineers go too far!

Quick Reply: New Panamera Question