Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

any regrets?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
p4s for 1 month and about 700 miles. love interior, build quality, exterior style, overall feeling of a special car. wish i ordered sport chrono so i could access 1st gear (shame on porsche), park assist so i could pull out of my garage in less than 3 tries. porsche should have made it a little narrower with lower roof line and some how fit a spare tire. regardless, beats out s550, 750i, a8l, qp.
Can you not just shift to first? They have it standard 2-7 for the mileage. The car does not automatically shift to 1st but I just push the button.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

yes only way to get 1st gear is in manual mode but not in automatic. almost like car has a standard 6 speed trans (2-7) unless you order sport chrono
Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
jmm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why anyone would care if the car starts in first or second if the acceleration is adequate. Is it the principle?

On mine, there is no need to manually shift to first or select Sport Chrono Plus. All you have to do, even in automatic mode, is floor it. It shifts out of second, which was indicated just sitting there, into first so fast that it might scare you. It is essentially first "on-demand." I don't know if all of them do this but I would think so, since every Cayenne I had also did it.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
need_cayman
Intermediate

Yes all Panameras will down shift into 1st if you accelerate aggressively, and pretty fast too. It's a good thing though that it starts in 2nd because the 1st feels strained. The weight me the Panamera really is evident if you start on first but don't accelerate quickly. You'll feel the car kinda bob up and down if you accelerate and release adore us shifting into second. You won't feel the "bob" if you floor it on 1st then us shift to 2nd when you've reached max speed on hear one.

Also, 0-100 kph feels like an injured mule compared to my 997 TT.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Edgemontvillage
5th Gear

Geez Tim, don't you have enough P-Cars..talk about hog'in the puck...

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
I don't have a PS, but ordered a Pan4 for my wife.

On paper, the Pan4 is not much slower than PS, and 4WD will be useful in Vancouver.

Are you sure you don't need 4WD in Seattle?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 94 Posts

as far as i can tell, mine will not down shift out of second regardless of how hard i press the gas peddle. i believe that is the case unless you have sport chrono option.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by need_cayman
Yes all Panameras will down shift into 1st if you accelerate aggressively, and pretty fast too. It's a good thing though that it starts in 2nd because the 1st feels strained. The weight me the Panamera really is evident if you start on first but don't accelerate quickly. You'll feel the car kinda bob up and down if you accelerate and release adore us shifting into second. You won't feel the "bob" if you floor it on 1st then us shift to 2nd when you've reached max speed on hear one.

Also, 0-100 kph feels like an injured mule compared to my 997 TT.
One would hope a 997TT would feel faster than a car that is 700 pounds heavier with less HP. Although a local guy had a quicker lap time in his Pano turbo the first time out than what he normally does in his 997TT.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:12 PM
need_cayman
Intermediate

thats impressive roberga!

how do you think that was possible.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
tkids
Pro

I knew I might regret not getting a few items, but I have always had the philosophy to get options that are driving related, not fluff stuff!

I must say as I looked for a in stock car in this country, I could not believe the amount of cars without Sports Chrono Plus. An absolute must in my opinion.

I took the P4S into the mountains this past weekend and if anyone is to buy this car and has the intention of doing spirited driving, I suggest you get PDCC and Adaptive air! I felt body roll without even pushing the car in wide sweeping bends. Also, I feel the lower setting of Adaptive Air might be a small adjustment, but could help that "Big Car Feeling" or Boating feeling when driving undulating roads as PASM in Sport Plus will not keep this car from firm enough to stop that "Boating" feeling.

One fluff item that I think enhances the interior luxury 10Fold, which should be standard. Alcantara roofliner!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

thats impressive roberga!

how do you think that was possible.
Do not know. It had a pretty good ring time (7:56) as well. Do not matter to me anyway as I did not buy it to track.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
Do not know. It had a pretty good ring time (7:56) as well. Do not matter to me anyway as I did not buy it to track.
does the 997 TT have a PDK???? that could be very well why
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 AM
need_cayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tkids
I suggest you get PDCC and Adaptive air! I felt body roll without even pushing the car in wide sweeping bends. Also, I feel the lower setting of Adaptive Air might be a small adjustment, but could help that "Big Car Feeling" or Boating feeling when driving undulating roads as PASM in Sport Plus will not keep this car from firm enough to stop that "Boating" feeling.
Does yours have PDCC?

How does adaptive air help? I dint quite get what you meant.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
tkids
Pro

Does yours have PDCC?

How does adaptive air help? I dint quite get what you meant.
My car does not have PDCC. I believe Adaptive air would help by lowering the center of gravity of the heavy car. When you hit the Sport Plus with adaptive air it lowers the car from where a normal Panamera would sit without it.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:54 PM
need_cayman
Intermediate

Yes sport +activates sport suspension+ which signifncantly lowers the car. I sometimes drive around town in sport suspension + (regular engine mapping not sport) because its so low that I do not feel disoriented (compared to my 997 TT).
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
tkids
Pro

Yes sport +activates sport suspension+ which signifncantly lowers the car. I sometimes drive around town in sport suspension + (regular engine mapping not sport) because its so low that I do not feel disoriented (compared to my 997 TT).
But to lower the car, adaptive air suspension is needed. Without it, it only firms suspension. Just to clarify.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any regrets?