Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

I pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009 | 09:28 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

so only the Infinity laser cruise sets off other peoples detectors? are there any other well known culprits out there?
Old 10-24-2009 | 10:00 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
so only the Infinity laser cruise sets off other peoples detectors? are there any other well known culprits out there?
Infinity is the main source of laser-cruise detector interference at the moment. The first offenders out of the gate years ago were older Lexus LS models with adaptive cruise. Then, Lexus switched to a mix of 76-77 GHz radar or laser, depending on exact model, etc.. I haven't kept up with Lexus lately.

Infinity is by far the most prevalent because they bundle the laser cruise function into an options package with a bunch of other desirable electronics features. Lots of people buy the package to get the other electronics stuff and the laser cruise comes with them "for free".

Laser is more susceptible to weather effects and reductions in performance from dirt than radar. I expect 76-77 GHz radar to win the contest in the end. But, that end will take quite a while to come.
Old 10-26-2009 | 01:20 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

it infuriates me everytime one of those Infinitis drives by me, I wish I had some kind of jamming device that would fry their brain

Quick Reply: I pulled the trigger