Active suspension

Search this Thread

Old Today, 07:31 AM
Wingover
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active suspension

Hello all,
Looking to buy a Panamera but really need the "active suspension" feature (that I saw in one YouTube review) where the car will raise itself quickly and automatically when a door is opened. This is important to me due to age.
I would like to know at what year this feature started? I am looking at a 2023 4E Platinum model and can't find anywhere if it has this option.
Old Today, 08:52 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I think it's the last model (2025)
Old Today, 09:09 AM
Wingover
5th Gear

The video on youtube is from 6 month ago so can't be the 2025 model
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Kelp
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its the G3 generation that has the active suspension. Its from 2024 and onwards and only on the hybrids.
Old Today, 09:38 AM
Wingover
5th Gear

Thank you! I read that it raises the car by 5.5 cm, which sounds like not much. Is there a way to have the 2023 year model raise up before getting out and in again? Like manually lift it and leave it up?
Old Today, 10:50 AM
orca15
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Wingover
Thank you! I read that it raises the car by 5.5 cm, which sounds like not much. Is there a way to have the 2023 year model raise up before getting out and in again? Like manually lift it and leave it up?
On mine (22) I set the diamond (user defined) button on the steering wheel to raise the car to it's highest level, and I hit the button when I enter my driveway to help with the curb. Its a hybrid with the air suspension and has high, norm, and low positions. Low is automatically selected with Sport +, high can only be selected when slow (under 15 or something). You can select high off the glass, or like I did, assign it to the diamond and it goes back down when you start to drive off. Not sure exactly how much but it seems like each setting is an inch or so.

So yes, that would work with a 23 with air suspension.

Last edited by orca15; Today at 10:51 AM.
Old Today, 11:34 AM
Wingover
5th Gear

@orca15 Thanks for the explanation. How different is the normal drive between the pre 2024 and after with the active suspension? I read that the 2024 and beyond will "lean" into the turn etc but not sure if the 2023 will do so as well.
Old Today, 11:55 AM
orca15
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Wingover
@orca15 Thanks for the explanation. How different is the normal drive between the pre 2024 and after with the active suspension? I read that the 2024 and beyond will "lean" into the turn etc but not sure if the 2023 will do so as well.
Haven’t driven the new one but I’m hearing it’s amazing. The air suspension is great- soft in normal and flat as heck in Sport, so I never thought to myself “damn I wish I had better suspension.” Just the opposite. It does lean ever so slightly into the hard turns but compared to any non P car it rocks.

There are some downsides to the G3 that would keep me from moving up but the Active Suspension sounds like a real winner. Again though, you won’t miss it in a G2 I dont think. In the end the job is to keep you on the road and mine has always done that in spades even though I run her hard.

Last edited by orca15; Today at 11:57 AM.
Old Today, 12:59 PM
Wingover
5th Gear

What do you see as downsides in the new models?

Quick Reply: Active suspension