Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New (to me) Panamara GTS! And a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:44 PM
Jrs146
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 36 Posts
Default New (to me) Panamara GTS! And a few questions

I picked up a 2021 CPO Panamara GTS today! I’ve been pondering buying a Panamara for a while now and started looking at slightly older 4S models. After looking at a bunch I somehow convinced myself to up my budget when I found a really nice newer GTS with only 10,000 miles.

The options that this one had seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for the night blue metallic sealed the deal for me.

It will be joining its little brother, the 911 GTS, and will be my daily kid hauler when I can’t be in the 911.

I did have a few questions for current owners:

this car includes the Assistance package which has InnoDrive and ACC. It also has LCA LKA. I used to have all these features in my 2021 Taycan TTS with the addition of ALK. I had assumed that with InnoDrive the Panamara would also have ALK. But now I’m thinking perhaps I’m wrong and it doesn’t? It’s not a huge deal, but having InnoDrive without ALK seems much less useful. Can anyone confirm if it does or does not have ALK?

Is there any way to get Apple Car Play to display in the full screen? Again, not a huge deal. But it def be easier to use.

the car came with the original dealers pesky dealership decal. It’s glued on. I’m going to ask my dealer to take it off (I assumed they would). But incase they don’t agree, any tips to remove it?

lastly, I can’t get my Porsche app to sync so I can lock/unlock doors etc. or get my cars data. Is there something I need to do to get this set up?

The sun wasn’t shining today, but here are a few pics. I’m in love with the NBM. It goes from blue to almost black depending on the lighting. Very cool.

Last edited by Jrs146; 05-14-2024 at 11:57 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Jrs146:
911C2R (05-15-2024), chassis (05-15-2024), Norge911 (05-15-2024), SuperG$ (05-15-2024), Torxuvin (Yesterday)
Old 05-15-2024, 07:03 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats! That color is something else! Contact @simaservis1108 on here or Telegram for full screen car play for about 250 USD. You will need a Windows 10 or 11 laptop, SD card, ethernet cable and a USB to cat5 adapter, two if your laptop doesn't have a cat 5 port. He will walk you thru it. I think there is another vendor on here that does it as well, but I want to say its a little more expensive.

The dealer should have their detailer take your decal off. Not a huge deal. If not, use dental floss to get it off and goo gone and a hair dryer to remove the glue. Follow that up with some detailing spray and some wax maybe.

As for the LKA, I dont have that so I cant help you sorry. Some of these features can be coded in. @rnlst_log can tell you what he can do if you have your cars build sheet.

I could never get the Porsche app or the in car Wifi hot spot to work myself.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:53 AM
Shuga
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 455 Posts

Panamera and a KIA is wild haha
Old 05-15-2024, 12:34 PM
PandaSPUR
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

I had to look up the difference between Lane Keep Assist and Active Lane Keeping.. Confusing lol

I have the assistance package with innodrive on my 2023 GTS. It has LKA but no ALK. Don't recall that ever being an option.
Old 05-15-2024, 01:05 PM
Jrs146
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shuga
Panamera and a KIA is wild haha
The Kia is what we give the Nanny to drive our kids around in during the day. But, not going to lie… the KIA is awesome… With multiple kids in car seats so it’s a useful tool. Ther being said, it’s also one of the reasons why I wanted to add a Panamara alongside my 911/SUV/minivan. A true dad mobile with class!
Old 05-15-2024, 01:06 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrs146
I picked up a 2021 CPO Panamara GTS today! I’ve been pondering buying a Panamara for a while now and started looking at slightly older 4S models. After looking at a bunch I somehow convinced myself to up my budget when I found a really nice newer GTS with only 10,000 miles.

The options that this one had seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for the night blue metallic sealed the deal for me.

It will be joining its little brother, the 911 GTS, and will be my daily kid hauler when I can’t be in the 911.

I did have a few questions for current owners:

this car includes the Assistance package which has InnoDrive and ACC. It also has LCA LKA. I used to have all these features in my 2021 Taycan TTS with the addition of ALK. I had assumed that with InnoDrive the Panamara would also have ALK. But now I’m thinking perhaps I’m wrong and it doesn’t? It’s not a huge deal, but having InnoDrive without ALK seems much less useful. Can anyone confirm if it does or does not have ALK?

Is there any way to get Apple Car Play to display in the full screen? Again, not a huge deal. But it def be easier to use.

the car came with the original dealers pesky dealership decal. It’s glued on. I’m going to ask my dealer to take it off (I assumed they would). But incase they don’t agree, any tips to remove it?

lastly, I can’t get my Porsche app to sync so I can lock/unlock doors etc. or get my cars data. Is there something I need to do to get this set up?

The sun wasn’t shining today, but here are a few pics. I’m in love with the NBM. It goes from blue to almost black depending on the lighting. Very cool.

Congrats! What did you pay and what was MSRP?
Old 05-15-2024, 01:27 PM
Jrs146
Instructor

I Paid 107k with 10,000 miles and CPO. I probably could have found one a little cheaper, but this spec checked all the boxes for me.

Last edited by Jrs146; 05-15-2024 at 01:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dudecs (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 06:55 PM
chaos2984
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 101 Posts

Awesome pick up.
You should be able to buy the service to connect the car to the app. You have to have the dealer put in the connect code into the PCM. I've been told that the selling dealer should do this for free, but i guess it depends on how nice the dealer is. This is what pair's it to the app.

Also the Active lane keep assist. is just that it actually moves the car back into the lane then just the beeping. It's sometimes unnerving and catches you off guard. I don't really care for the Inno Drive. I do like the ACC though.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:06 PM
Hunky
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Pittsburgh guy.
Lived there for mant years.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:50 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

I noticed you have the rear 2+1 seats. How is that? Is there really room for a third person in the middle?
Old 05-16-2024, 08:59 AM
Jrs146
Instructor

Originally Posted by djdonte
I noticed you have the rear 2+1 seats. How is that? Is there really room for a third person in the middle?
actually the 2+1 was a must for me. I have three children (and one on the way). I previously had a Taycan with the 2 and 2 seats and I couldn’t bring all three kids with me which I found to be annoying. The middle seat in the Panamara is too small to comfortably fit an adult but I’ll have no issues putting three small children back there. Would I pack three back there for a road trip? No, I’ll take my SUV. But for daily use it’s just fine for smaller people.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:30 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Innovativesoft on here reprograms your car to have full screen. Game changer. You pay and he connects remotely to your car with some cheap hardware you need before hand
Old 05-31-2024, 10:52 AM
wagonz
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrs146
actually the 2+1 was a must for me. I have three children (and one on the way). I previously had a Taycan with the 2 and 2 seats and I couldn’t bring all three kids with me which I found to be annoying. The middle seat in the Panamara is too small to comfortably fit an adult but I’ll have no issues putting three small children back there. Would I pack three back there for a road trip? No, I’ll take my SUV. But for daily use it’s just fine for smaller people.

Three across works great! We've done a few 3 hour trips and one 6 hour trip without too much difficulty! We'll see how it goes when they get older haha
The following 2 users liked this post by wagonz:
911C2R (05-31-2024), Torxuvin (Yesterday)
Old 06-01-2024, 06:47 PM
BlueOx
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

beautiful car!
Old Yesterday, 12:15 AM
chill0986
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wagonz

Three across works great! We've done a few 3 hour trips and one 6 hour trip without too much difficulty! We'll see how it goes when they get older haha
what brand of car seats are those?!

Quick Reply: New (to me) Panamara GTS! And a few questions