Old 10-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Mootz
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mootz
Any Luck?
Originally Posted by Norge911
Great observation.

My car sat 2x times this summer while traveling. After first trip which lasted 20 days, vibration was awful at any speed for the first 3 miles, then better.
2nd time the vibration was as normal. I have also noticed if I go on long road trip, 2-3 hrs vs 30 min, vibration seems to reduce. If the diff, there is none to very minimal change in temp in diff between a 30 min vs 2 hrs. Should be at max. for either and there should be no difference in vibration if mechanical

Im back to tires. Just received Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Next week I will bring car to shop, check all wheels for roundness and install the Michelin. Current tire is Pirelli all season. Google Pirelli flat spotting. Checking wheels for roundness is for peace of mind.

I will report back in a week or so on my result.

Any luck with the tire change?
Old 10-09-2023, 10:51 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by alexaqui
I agree. I don't understand how they could sell this car with this obvious flaw. My dealer was 100% forthcoming and said they know it is an issue. I started the buyback process today and am going to pick up a 911 variant I have always wanted to own instead. My friends are all in shock that Porsche would create a product like this that is so against what they stand for.

Is this an issue that only affects a few Panamera's? If so, I may just sit on the sidelines until another one that meets my price point and features that I want comes on the market. I am so sad though... I looked at an RS5 and the interior is just not the same (the screen is just tacked on to the dash!)
Its gotta be something that only affects some Panameras. I feel like we'd hear a lot more about it if it was all 971s.

This is making me nervous about my own brand new GTS because if it develops over time and past 18k miles or 2 years, I wouldn't even be covered under lemon law anymore. Maybe we should make a new thread with a poll?
The following users liked this post:
Mootz (10-11-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Its gotta be something that only affects some Panameras. I feel like we'd hear a lot more about it if it was all 971s.

This is making me nervous about my own brand new GTS because if it develops over time and past 18k miles or 2 years, I wouldn't even be covered under lemon law anymore. Maybe we should make a new thread with a poll?
I am wondering about this as well. If a car does have a problem, how many people are sensitive enough or care enough to even notice it? My car was immediately obvious which is why the dealer didn't even argue. Would an average person just not care while I do? For background, I am a "car nut" as many people here and track quite a lot. For me, things are pretty obvious when they are out of normal bounds. The funny thing is that I have a F450 dually and that thing bounces around over bumps, etc. and yet it doesn't bother me because it is the road acting on the truck and not something that the car is doing (e.g., Panamera).

I would just enjoy your car and not worry. There seem to be plenty of people that are very happy with the vehicle. Drive it in good health and chalk it up to people with issues being more likely to post than those without.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 570 Posts

If you want ever want your car to be fixed I'd HIGHLY highly suggest you stay away from Gold Coast...
Old 10-10-2023, 11:24 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by alexaqui
I am wondering about this as well. If a car does have a problem, how many people are sensitive enough or care enough to even notice it? My car was immediately obvious which is why the dealer didn't even argue. Would an average person just not care while I do? For background, I am a "car nut" as many people here and track quite a lot. For me, things are pretty obvious when they are out of normal bounds. The funny thing is that I have a F450 dually and that thing bounces around over bumps, etc. and yet it doesn't bother me because it is the road acting on the truck and not something that the car is doing (e.g., Panamera).

I would just enjoy your car and not worry. There seem to be plenty of people that are very happy with the vehicle. Drive it in good health and chalk it up to people with issues being more likely to post than those without.
I was wondering how noticeable this really is. From some posts here it sounds like the entire car wobbles, while in other posts it sounds more like an annoying vibration.
Either way I'm pretty sure I haven't had that in my car. Only thing I've noticed is a wee wiggle if I floor it, but thats probably more from my hand moving the steering wheel as I get slammed into my seat.

Originally Posted by Shuga
If you want ever want your car to be fixed I'd HIGHLY highly suggest you stay away from Gold Coast...
I don't see any better choices in the area for as long as I'm under warranty :\ All dealerships have **** ratings on Google/Yelp/etc since usually the happy people dont bother leaving a review.
You had a bad experience with them?
So far my sales guy has been great, but the finance guy was completely incompetent. I left feedback with PCNA and the dealership called me immediately lol.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:40 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I was wondering how noticeable this really is. From some posts here it sounds like the entire car wobbles, while in other posts it sounds more like an annoying vibration.
Either way I'm pretty sure I haven't had that in my car. Only thing I've noticed is a wee wiggle if I floor it, but thats probably more from my hand moving the steering wheel as I get slammed into my seat.

I don't see any better choices in the area for as long as I'm under warranty :\ All dealerships have **** ratings on Google/Yelp/etc since usually the happy people dont bother leaving a review.
You had a bad experience with them?
So far my sales guy has been great, but the finance guy was completely incompetent. I left feedback with PCNA and the dealership called me immediately lol.
I've had a nightmare of an experience with them. I could write a book. I'll tell you this, the competent people that did work there where either quit or where fired yes Fired. I opened a case against them with PCNA. Do you know they write fake reviews on google? For every bad review magically 3 good ones pop up with in a day. I'm not the only one. I've been very vocal about how bad of a dealership they are. I've had countless Rennlist members reach out to me and tell me there similar experience. Don't be another victim of them. Should I go on about the service advisors?

I'd try Legend. imo.
Old 10-10-2023, 02:25 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the gossip in me would love to hear some stories lol.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:09 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sac02
I don't have a dog in this fight, but the gossip in me would love to hear some stories lol.
Spark notes.
- Service advisor Made extremely sexist comments towards my mother to the point where it was extremely uncomfortable for everyone in the dealership
- Service advisor kept changeling me on every little thing
-Service advisor kept rising his voice to me
-Wasted Hours of my time
- Admitted to selling parts ordered for my car under warranty to other customers ( Illegal and scamming Porsche)
- Left my lights on so long they killed my car's battery 2 twice
-Ordered wrong parts

That's just service I've dealt with 3 different sales people there and I have stories from each one.

They also fired the director of operations out of the blue one day, who was trying to make things right and turn their **** show of a dealership around.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:23 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 583 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Mootz
Any luck with the tire change?
Work and life got in the way, before end of month ……
The following users liked this post:
Mootz (10-11-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 06:07 PM
alexaqui
Racer

So I went back to my dealer to discuss the deal and my salesperson drove my car and said he couldn't detect the wobble nor the general manager! They said they will proceed with the buy-back regardless. I test drove a Turbo GT and wow... Now I am having second thoughts about the Panamera and just living with it as is because nothing can touch it in that price range. Drove a few non Turbo GT Cayenne's and they're not a replacement. I'm trying to buy a 911 at the same time and I do not think I can swing a Turbo GT as well.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:28 PM
Mootz
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Great idea doing a poll--go for it!
Old 10-18-2023, 09:59 AM
alexaqui
Racer

Thank you for setting up the survey! Given the lack of responses and decent activity on the forum, I wonder if it really is just a handful of cars that develop this issue over time. This has me wondering whether I should consider purchasing a different car. My panamera is being bought back by the dealer tomorrow (I put it towards a 991 GT3 RS!).

I am struggling with the more family friendly car options. I tried to stuff my 11yo daughter in the back of a 992 and she said no. I looked at RS6, RS7 and fear the depreciation. The Turbo GT is amazing except over 200k and will also depreciate like a rock. My AMG SUV just had another breakdown (4 in 19 months of ownership) so I'm staying away from MB. No desire to get back into a BMW. I've considered a CT5 V Blacking except in the winter it's going to be almost undriveable even with snows. Maybe the answer is another/different Panamera...
Old 10-18-2023, 11:08 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 202 Posts

Given macro economic trends, I am often arguing with myself whether or not to move forward on a Panamera. Of the vehicles I've test driven, the Panamera has made the biggest impression. The alternative was something like a Lexus, but that's not to say they aren't susceptible to depreciation either. Then I remind myself that I don't wake up every morning getting excited to drive a Lexus. My independent Porsche shop is discouraging me on getting one, despite the fact that they know the repair bills is a cash cow. So weird.
Old 10-18-2023, 03:19 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

If you trade-in/sell often and depreciation is a concern, then just buy used.
If you don't usually sell your cars, then I dont see a problem

I was cross shopping the GLE 63S Coupe, X6M and the Cayenne Coupe before I landed on the Panamera lol.

I did finally remember to test out my 2023 GTS for vibrations on the highway this past weekend. Turned on ACC and tried 55-60MPH, didn't notice anything aside from the usual up/down vibrations caused by ****ty NYC roads.

Quick Reply: CPO issues, what to do?