Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2022 | 06:53 PM
dgwhitten
Instructor

My GTS got held up for 2 months in Jacksonville for a WNF5, which the dealer now says can be fixed at port of arrival or dealership and a WMQ3 which is an issue with the Burmester. Dealer says they have the part for that now. Waiting for a truck to bring it to dealership.
Interestingly, dealer says Porsche has delayed production on some Panameras in order to free up parts for fixes.
Old 06-17-2022 | 11:25 AM
V10EHS
Advanced

I'm in the UK. I bought a brand new facelift Panamera 4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo in April - it was dealer demo but completely unused. Superb car. Fantastic Hybrid integration, nice performance, quite unbelievable fuel economy (as most of my daily driving is done within the 31 mile electric range) and excellent luxury feeling. Love it.
Problem is, it threw an Airbag warning light 2 weeks into my ownership. I sent it back to the dealer that looks after my CGT (Porsche GB themselves) because they were the only ones who could see the car in a sensible time frame and did me a favour. Five weeks later it's still there.
The software update they did crashed the instrument cluster and the car needs a new one. Five weeks later no sign of the part and no one can tell me when it's coming. I've got a Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid ST on order and a new Macan and I'm so annoyed.... mostly because they've given me a Mercedes CLA 220d as replacement loan car. I understand things go wrong, but the indefinite lead time, and loan car situation is a joke. I feel worse now knowing Porsche Chester, the supplier of my Panamera, apparently sold me the car with an open recall. I'm fighting it out with Porsche Customer Relations as we speak. For those of you waiting for new dashboards etc which are holding up your cars or software updates relating to dashboards/airbag lights, you may be waiting a while. It's a BIG global problem. I just hope your dealers treat you with some courtesy.
Old 06-17-2022 | 11:45 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by V10EHS
I'm in the UK. I bought a brand new facelift Panamera 4S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo in April - it was dealer demo but completely unused. Superb car. Fantastic Hybrid integration, nice performance, quite unbelievable fuel economy (as most of my daily driving is done within the 31 mile electric range) and excellent luxury feeling. Love it.
Problem is, it threw an Airbag warning light 2 weeks into my ownership. I sent it back to the dealer that looks after my CGT (Porsche GB themselves) because they were the only ones who could see the car in a sensible time frame and did me a favour. Five weeks later it's still there.
The software update they did crashed the instrument cluster and the car needs a new one. Five weeks later no sign of the part and no one can tell me when it's coming. I've got a Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid ST on order and a new Macan and I'm so annoyed.... mostly because they've given me a Mercedes CLA 220d as replacement loan car. I understand things go wrong, but the indefinite lead time, and loan car situation is a joke. I feel worse now knowing Porsche Chester, the supplier of my Panamera, apparently sold me the car with an open recall. I'm fighting it out with Porsche Customer Relations as we speak. For those of you waiting for new dashboards etc which are holding up your cars or software updates relating to dashboards/airbag lights, you may be waiting a while. It's a BIG global problem. I just hope your dealers treat you with some courtesy.
Wow, I would be furious as well. Keep fighting them. They definitely owe you big time!
Old 06-17-2022 | 05:02 PM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by V10EHS
... I'm so annoyed.... mostly because they've given me a Mercedes CLA 220d as replacement loan car.
I was with you on the "so annoyed" until I got to this...you are driving a Mercedes on someone else's dime and that's the "mostly?" I have been unable to get a loaner for anything with the empty lots here, I would be happy to have a Merc. I'm still behind you on the ridiculous delay, just saying that the one thing in your control you should maybe let go of.
Old 06-18-2022 | 05:26 PM
Surfingjeff
Instructor

Default Allocations for Panamera GTS or 4S E Hybrid

Originally Posted by dgwhitten
My GTS got held up for 2 months in Jacksonville for a WNF5, which the dealer now says can be fixed at port of arrival or dealership and a WMQ3 which is an issue with the Burmester. Dealer says they have the part for that now. Waiting for a truck to bring it to dealership.
Interestingly, dealer says Porsche has delayed production on some Panameras in order to free up parts for fixes.

I currently have a Panamera GTS allocation in July , first on the list with deposit in So Cal no up charge on MSRP it’s not locked down so can be what ever you want , but I prefer a 4S Hybrid that I’m in a waiting list here is so cal . If anybody in so cal is looking for a allocation on 971 GTS PM me let me know . I understand you cannot order over state lines .
Old 06-18-2022 | 10:14 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Originally Posted by Surfingjeff
I currently have a Panamera GTS allocation in July , first on the list with deposit in So Cal no up charge on MSRP it’s not locked down so can be what ever you want , but I prefer a 4S Hybrid that I’m in a waiting list here is so cal . If anybody in so cal is looking for a allocation on 971 GTS PM me let me know . I understand you cannot order over state lines .
Your SA should be able to search the national dealer network for an allocation swap.

My dealer in FL had a 4S Hybrid Sport Turismo allocation (January) and that was my original plan. Eventually I ended up swapping it for a GTS ST. I think the dealer that we traded allocation’s with was in CA. I picked up my car today - the twin turbo V8 is quite spectacular.
Old 06-18-2022 | 10:52 PM
Surfingjeff
Instructor

Default Allocation swap

Originally Posted by 911C2R
Your SA should be able to search the national dealer network for an allocation swap.

My dealer in FL had a 4S Hybrid Sport Turismo allocation (January) and that was my original plan. Eventually I ended up swapping it for a GTS ST. I think the dealer that we traded allocation’s with was in CA. I picked up my car today - the twin turbo V8 is quite spectacular.
excellent idea never knew you could do that . I’ll ask my PA

thanks!
The following users liked this post:
911C2R (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022 | 10:54 PM
Surfingjeff
Instructor

Default GTS

for got to ask are going to do a ECU upgrade for only $1000 for Horse Power increase to 680 ? I see these guys on the threads here APR ?
Old 06-19-2022 | 03:21 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Surfingjeff
for got to ask are going to do a ECU upgrade for only $1000 for Horse Power increase to 680 ? I see these guys on the threads here APR ?
Wouldn't that void the warranty?
Old 06-19-2022 | 02:13 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Originally Posted by SS22
Wouldn't that void the warranty?
I suspect it would void the warranty, even though APR has some type of product warranty - I have not read the details on either.

Might be a future (post warranty) mod. 😁
Old 06-19-2022 | 02:54 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I suspect it would void the warranty, even though APR has some type of product warranty - I have not read the details on either.

Might be a future (post warranty) mod. 😁
Yep, agreed!
Old 06-19-2022 | 10:40 PM
911C2R
Advanced

For all the reasons we’ve read, watched, or heard - the Panamera GTS ST is a real treat. Well worth the 6 month wait.

74 miles into ownership 😃

Some surprises:
  • More nimble than I expected
  • It has a wide footprint. I really had to focus parking under the car lifts. It’s no biggie, I just wasn’t tracking or maybe believing others comments that it is a big/wide car.
  • I messed up on my configuration when ordering. I thought Bose was standard on the GTS and the Burmester was the audio option - I was wrong as you all are likely aware… All that said, I am not an audiophile and the base audio system is plenty sweet for me. This is subjective, just my non-audiophile take. I’ll say that my 991 has Bose and I think this is as good or better. I am also happy with two Pioneer 6x9” speakers I installed in my 63’ Vette - they are better than the stock single speaker, but no where close to todays standards.
  • My elbow has hit the Defrost button on the center console a few times. I’ll just need to watch for that.
  • The SA told me he could have sold the car 4 times while it was sitting in a side display area.
  • ​​​​​​​Gentian Blue was the right choice for me.
Looking forward to getting some seat time.

Cheers!
Old 06-19-2022 | 11:40 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

For all the reasons we’ve read, watched, or heard - the Panamera GTS ST is a real treat. Well worth the 6 month wait.

74 miles into ownership 😃

Some surprises:
  • More nimble than I expected
  • It has a wide footprint. I really had to focus parking under the car lifts. It’s no biggie, I just wasn’t tracking or maybe believing others comments that it is a big/wide car.
  • I messed up on my configuration when ordering. I thought Bose was standard on the GTS and the Burmester was the audio option - I was wrong as you all are likely aware… All that said, I am not an audiophile and the base audio system is plenty sweet for me. This is subjective, just my non-audiophile take. I’ll say that my 991 has Bose and I think this is as good or better. I am also happy with two Pioneer 6x9” speakers I installed in my 63’ Vette - they are better than the stock single speaker, but no where close to todays standards.
  • My elbow has hit the Defrost button on the center console a few times. I’ll just need to watch for that.
  • The SA told me he could have sold the car 4 times while it was sitting in a side display area.
  • Gentian Blue was the right choice for me.
Looking forward to getting some seat time.

Cheers!
Congrats! It’s a surprisingly nimble car for how big it is. Exactly my thoughts too (6 months into ownership).

Ouch, bad mistake with the audio system but glad you’re not an audiophile or it’d drive you mad!

I’m having a hard time imagining how your elbow is hitting the center console area! My elbow sits on the center armrest area. Is your seat pushed forward a lot? Maybe try readjusting your seat?
Old 06-20-2022 | 04:02 PM
Charlottenole
Track Day

@911C2R Any pics you can share?
Old 06-20-2022 | 10:23 PM
911C2R
Advanced

I had the best of intentions to geek out on the car yesterday but the day got away. Below are a few pics, albeit not the best. This coming weekend I’ll give it a wash, treat the leather seats and get to know it a little better.

I am installing PPF on front end/hood area in the coming weeks. The shop will do some needed paint correction on the hood prior to install, coating, and then PPF.

As for my errant elbowing of the console defrost button, it was when I was leaning forward, elbow on the console and playing with the various command buttons. Definitely user induced.

The following 3 users liked this post by 911C2R:
2GSDs (06-21-2022), brettly (06-21-2022), gahnman (06-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)