Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Need Help: Custom Build of 2021 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid (first Porsche!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 01:52 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Propofoln
you’ll have to have the ring painted after you get it. Can’t get it like that from factory.
Yep .. have to aftermarket it
My dealer said they can powdercoat the rim tips if desired ... it is a very nice look
similar to blacked out RS Spyders on a 911
Old 05-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Franz993
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
That looks AWESOME! If I had my pick, I really want ALL black and don’t like the silver/chrome lining. I asked my SA when I first put in the order and he said factory can’t do anything but I’m going to try again. I’m assuming you bought yours already looking like that? Or did you have it painted yourself? I had an F-Type that I got new with silver wheels and had the wheels painted in gloss black and turned out amazing so I’m open to going that route if necessary, just more annoying that anything to not be able to do it with a custom order from the factory.
Thank you. I had the silver lip wrapped in black. Very easy job done by car wrap professionals. You can try that before painting since it's easily reversible.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:22 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Very good info, thank you all!
Old 05-04-2021, 10:43 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Locked in my order today! Based on your suggestions, I added rear axle steering w/ power steering+, surround view, massage seats, the 7.2kw onboard charger, GT steering wheel, and Porsche crest on headrests, and kept the chalk ext., black/bordeaux red leather int., 21" JBM wheels, premium package, and black window trim, door handles, and model designation. Thank you all so much for your help. Aug. 6 can't get here fast enough!

Last edited by SS22; 05-05-2021 at 01:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MKC91 (05-20-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 11:39 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Locked in my order today! Based on your suggestions, I added real axle steering w/ power steering+, surround view, massage seats, the 7.2kw onboard charger, GT steering wheel, and Porsche crest on headrests, and kept the chalk ext., black/bordeaux red leather int., 21" JBM wheels, premium package, and black window trim, door handles, and model designation. Thank you all so much for your help. Aug. 6 can't get here fast enough!
outstanding .. congrats !
SS22 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 01:48 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

You know what I found that makes it easier to get through the wait for a new car? Nothing; it's like Christmas and I'm five years old every time. In any event a man can down a beverage and take the edge off; there's always that!
The following 2 users liked this post by krabman:
DogWood (05-05-2021), SS22 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 10:20 AM
trinerd
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Locked in my order today! Based on your suggestions, I added rear axle steering w/ power steering+, surround view, massage seats, the 7.2kw onboard charger, GT steering wheel, and Porsche crest on headrests, and kept the chalk ext., black/bordeaux red leather int., 21" JBM wheels, premium package, and black window trim, door handles, and model designation. Thank you all so much for your help. Aug. 6 can't get here fast enough!
Nice build, congrats on the order! Looking forward to pictures and first reactions when it arrives!
Old 05-05-2021, 04:04 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by krabman
You know what I found that makes it easier to get through the wait for a new car? Nothing; it's like Christmas and I'm five years old every time. In any event a man can down a beverage and take the edge off; there's always that!
SO TRUE! I actually feel like a kid waiting for Christmas AND my birthday (it's a couple weeks after delivery date) lol

Originally Posted by trinerd
Nice build, congrats on the order! Looking forward to pictures and first reactions when it arrives!
Thanks! Will definitely post some pics for you guys.
Propofoln (05-05-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 11:13 AM
AcousTech
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh, man! So excited for you. Not the least because externally, our cars are similar...

Here's mine...

Black/Chalk interior.

Last edited by AcousTech; 05-17-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Grammar
SS22 (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 12:53 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AcousTech
Oh, man! So excited for you. Not the least because, at least, externally, our cars are similar...

Here's mine...

Black/Chalk interior.
Oh yea, very similar exterior. What a beauty, that’s awesome!

By the way, dealer told me the production date got delayed a bit (thankfully delivery date is still on schedule) so I can actually make changes until tomorrow (5/18). Any recommendation based on your experience esp. with a hybrid Panamera? I keep wondering if I’ll never get any utility out of the 7.2 upgraded onboard charger since I’d almost always charge overnight (I think the difference is 2.5 v. 5 hours if charging from 240v). The only reasons I see to get it is if it’d affect resale or if I’d charge at a charging station, which I don’t know if it makes sense to do with the Pan.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 PM
AcousTech
Instructor

I wish mine had the 7.2, but my electric range is smaller than yours. Not sure what the cost is, but if and only if you'll supply a 240 circuit it will be nice to have on days you might end up making a few shorter all-electric outings.
If I recall Voice Assist is a free option, but costs ~ $800 to add after the fact. If it's still free, I'd check the box - even if you don't plan to use it. Nice to have for free. How often do you get that on a Porsche?
RAS - Yes, wish mine had it. It's a big car.
Surround View - Yes, wish mine had it. See above, but less important, in my mind, than RAS.
Might consider the Ionizer. Mine doesn't have it.
PDLS+ Matrix LEDs don't function as designed in the US yet, and any car ordered with them today may never get that benefit. However, they do enable the automatic disabling of high-beams in the event there is oncoming traffic.
I have had the family yearn for rear set adjustability, but my car doesn't have it.
Would seriously consider Burmester. I have Bose. Nothing particularly noteworthy about it.
Illuminated sill guards look nice, but I'd put the money into the stereo, given a choice.
I avoided Sport Design stuff - particularly side skirts - because they ensure that the back of your pants at your calves will always end up with something on them.
I do have, and like, the thermally & noise insulated glass.
I also have the heated steering wheel, which I use all the time, but I'm much further North than you. Might consider for resale if ever/whenever that time comes.
My car came with the $0 smoking package - which deleted the rear USB ports. Madness in my situation. I'd delete the smoking package to recover those USB ports if that's an option.
I do have the pedals in aluminum, which I like.
I also have all-weather mats front/rear/storage, because it turns out it rains a bit in the Pacific Northwest...

Old 05-17-2021, 02:17 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I wish mine had the 7.2, but my electric range is smaller than yours. Not sure what the cost is, but if and only if you'll supply a 240 circuit it will be nice to have on days you might end up making a few shorter all-electric outings.
If I recall Voice Assist is a free option, but costs ~ $800 to add after the fact. If it's still free, I'd check the box - even if you don't plan to use it. Nice to have for free. How often do you get that on a Porsche?
RAS - Yes, wish mine had it. It's a big car.
Surround View - Yes, wish mine had it. See above, but less important, in my mind, than RAS.
Might consider the Ionizer. Mine doesn't have it.
PDLS+ Matrix LEDs don't function as designed in the US yet, and any car ordered with them today may never get that benefit. However, they do enable the automatic disabling of high-beams in the event there is oncoming traffic.
I have had the family yearn for rear set adjustability, but my car doesn't have it.
Would seriously consider Burmester. I have Bose. Nothing particularly noteworthy about it.
Illuminated sill guards look nice, but I'd put the money into the stereo, given a choice.
I avoided Sport Design stuff - particularly side skirts - because they ensure that the back of your pants at your calves will always end up with something on them.
I do have, and like, the thermally & noise insulated glass.
I also have the heated steering wheel, which I use all the time, but I'm much further North than you. Might consider for resale if ever/whenever that time comes.
My car came with the $0 smoking package - which deleted the rear USB ports. Madness in my situation. I'd delete the smoking package to recover those USB ports if that's an option.
I do have the pedals in aluminum, which I like.
I also have all-weather mats front/rear/storage, because it turns out it rains a bit in the Pacific Northwest...
So helpful, thank you so much. I plan on getting the 240 set up in my garage and your comment about the 7.2 makes me think even if it won't make much difference to me, it'll probably affect resale. Out of curiosity, do you ever charge at a charging station?
Voice assist is now a standard option but good looking out!
Can't see the smoking package anywhere so I should be good.
I'm with you on the side skirts - I also didn't want to change that because I'm going with the chalk paint with black accents (like you have) so I like the side skirts being black.
Heated steering, I can definitely see the benefits in cold climates. I had it in my Jag F-Type and hardly ever used it thanks to SoCal weather.
Ionizer... it's nice in concept and I'd get it if I could confirm the ppm rating (a lot of ionizers emit too much ozone that is actually bad for health - for that reason, we never turn on the ionizer feature on our home air purifier).
Burmester does sound nice but just can't get myself to justify 6k+ for it.
Agree about PDLS+. And to me, the PDLS option is all I want as it includes the dynamic cornering on steering and speed-dependent range control. I could care less about adjusting the high beams.
I had just skipped past the interior aluminum and didn't even know the aluminum pedals were an option. Giving me something else to think about!
And you validated my other options, thanks again!
Old 05-17-2021, 02:44 PM
AcousTech
Instructor

So helpful, thank you so much. I plan on getting the 240 set up in my garage and your comment about the 7.2 makes me think even if it won't make much difference to me, it'll probably affect resale. Out of curiosity, do you ever charge at a charging station?
Nope. When I'm out of range I just fall back to the ICE. Part of why I like the hybrid... However, if you do plan to charge en-route, then you definitely want the 7.2 option. Definitely a plus in a resale situation.

Interesting note regarding the Ionizer. Guess I'm safe from too much ozone coming from one since I don't have that option!

Pedals are relatively trivial to add after the fact. So that one isn't as critical to get into the order.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:42 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Nope. When I'm out of range I just fall back to the ICE. Part of why I like the hybrid... However, if you do plan to charge en-route, then you definitely want the 7.2 option. Definitely a plus in a resale situation.

Interesting note regarding the Ionizer. Guess I'm safe from too much ozone coming from one since I don't have that option!

Pedals are relatively trivial to add after the fact. So that one isn't as critical to get into the order.
The plug-in hybrid is really the best of both worlds. And when you get amazing performance in true Porsche fashion, it really makes it sweet!
MKC91 (05-20-2021)

Quick Reply: Need Help: Custom Build of 2021 Panamera 4S E-Hybrid (first Porsche!)