Panamera 2010-Current

971 autostart bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 07:51 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 697 Likes on 478 Posts
Default 971 autostart bypass

This company http://t-design9.com/memory_module.html has a module you can install in cars with the Sport Chrono **** that will remember your last setting on start up. It will default to the last setting you had running when you shut off the car. Im usually in sport but sometime Im in individual which is sport with softer suspension and exhaust on. The install took literally 10 minutes and went exactly as the directions laid it out. Not sure if they have a fix for 970 yet, contact them to see. quick video showing it function

The following 2 users liked this post by B Russ:
krabman (05-13-2020), nischalr (05-16-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 10:45 PM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

Interesting. I’ll have to look into to see if it keeps a hybrid in sport mode on startup. It makes me sad to start the car and not hear the engine growl. Thanks for the tip
Old 05-13-2020, 11:32 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2020, 02:34 AM
nischalr
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks so much for the heads up and info!

Definitely going to do this, my biggest pet peeve is having to put it into sport every time I get in the car.

Even better, a memory to keep my ventilated seat setting where I left it would be great. Tried syncing it with memory, but the ventilated seat setting never sticks.

Oh well, first world problems.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:42 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks for the good words B Russ!

Yes, first world problems! But still a problem. The car doesn't remember sport or I only because of EPA ratings. On a sports car designed for spirited driving... This is wrong, and we fix this wrong by adding the memory!

Vlad
T-Design9.com
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following 2 users liked this post by t-design:
DogWood (05-15-2020), nischalr (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 04:37 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

How is that little thingie attached to your dash? And presumably it allows you to change the memory setting if you decide to? i.e. you don't have to 're-install' it to change the setting, correct?
Old 05-16-2020, 04:44 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
How is that little thingie attached to your dash? And presumably it allows you to change the memory setting if you decide to? i.e. you don't have to 're-install' it to change the setting, correct?
That little thingie on dash has nothing to do with our Memory Module. You can not see Memory Module when installed. If for some reason you want to deactivate it and not remember **** setting - you can do it by turning the **** 9 times one direction. Because 9 is magical number!
Old 05-16-2020, 04:45 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by t-design
That little thingie on dash has nothing to do with our Memory Module. You can not see Memory Module when installed. If for some reason you want to deactivate it and not remember **** setting - you can do it by turning the **** 9 times one direction. Because 9 is magical number!
Ah! Ok - sorry, when the flashlight picked it up in the video I assumed (uh oh) that it was related. Thanks!
Old 05-16-2020, 05:02 PM
nischalr
Intermediate

Just ordered this cool little memory module device. . . looking forward to getting it.

BTW, that little display that you noted in the video above is the controller for a Sprint Booster which is a device that alters and amplifies the signal of the throttle by wire system in the car making it feel more responsive and allowing the throttle bodies to open quicker. It does not provide more horsepower, but does increase responsiveness in a very noticeable way. I just installed it and I am greatly enjoying it.
The following users liked this post:
pokingaround (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nischalr
That little display is the controller for a Sprint Booster which is a device that alters and amplifies the signal of the throttle by wire system in the car making it feel more responsive and allowing the throttle bodies to open quicker. It does not provide more horsepower, but does increase responsiveness in a very noticeable way. I just installed it as well and I am greatly enjoying it.
That's so funny, because I think the SB is going to be my next mod, and I was wondering about where to put the controller. How did you affix it?
Old 05-16-2020, 05:22 PM
nischalr
Intermediate

That's so funny, because I think the SB is going to be my next mod, and I was wondering about where to put the controller. How did you affix it?

Yeah, it was a great mod, and I tried to hide the controller as much as possible along the under side of the dash below where my right knee would be with some double side tape. I was able to route the wire just under the dash and trim piece panels with no difficulty. The convenient thing about the sprint booster is that if you decide that you find the sweet spot setting that you don't intend to change on the fly, you can disconnect the controller display and it will remember your last setting until you plug it in again and change it.

Little bit of a trick in getting the drive by wire OEM connector unplugged above the accelerator pedal to plug in the main sprint booster device. Let me know before you install if you would like me to describe the details.

Old 05-16-2020, 05:27 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Yeah, it was a great mod, and I tried to hide the controller as much as possible along the under side of the dash below where my right knee would be with some double side tape. I was able to route the wire just under the dash and trim piece panels with no difficulty. The convenient thing about the sprint booster is that if you decide that you find the sweet spot setting that you don't intend to change on the fly, you can disconnect the controller display and it will remember your last setting until you plug it in again and change it.

Little bit of a trick in getting the drive by wire OEM connector unplugged above the accelerator pedal to plug in the main sprint booster device. Let me know before you install if you would like me to describe the details.
Wow thank you! I'd read somewhere that the connection in the Panamera (and the pedal itself) were tricky and required a surprising amount of force to disconnect. If you wouldn't mind a rundown I'd really appreciate it (and if were anywhere near you I'd probably swing by!)
Old 05-16-2020, 05:36 PM
nischalr
Intermediate

Wow thank you! I'd read somewhere that the connection in the Panamera (and the pedal itself) were tricky and required a surprising amount of force to disconnect. If you wouldn't mind a rundown I'd really appreciate it (and if were anywhere near you I'd probably swing by!)
No problem, I'll take some pictures and put up a short tutorial on this thread in the next day or so. It's very easy to disconnect if you use the correct push points etc. . . just hard to describe without some pictures.

Sorry to derail the original thread . . .

Old 05-16-2020, 05:38 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

No problem, I'll take some pictures and put up a short tutorial on this thread in the next day or so. It's very easy to disconnect if you use the correct push points etc. . . just hard to describe without some pictures.

Sorry to derail the original thread . . .
WOW that is truly fantastic of you, thank you!
Old 05-16-2020, 09:28 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 697 Likes on 478 Posts

Well you guys covered it, yes that's my Sprint booster controller, I don't intend that to be in the video. I'm a big fan of the Sprint booster and have 3 of them running at this time. Great option for cars that you can't get a tune on.

Quick Reply: 971 autostart bypass