Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2013 White Panamera GTS - a good purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 PM
ram0
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2013 White Panamera GTS - a good purchase?

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be a part of the Porsche family and a Porsche owner. I will be buying a 2013 Panamera GTS very soon and thought to just check with what you guys think and if I should be wary of any concerns regarding this car.

It is a 2013 White GTS, with an offwhite-cream interior (Luxor Beige?), and a Marsala red dashboard. Carbon fiber as well. I've looked at 3 other models, but this color combination has me hooked. I really love the burgundy Marsala color on the dash.

The car has 140,000 km (~87,000 miles) on the dash. The 2nd owner whom I will be purchasing from did 100,000 km on it and has taken well care of the car with periodic maintenance at Porsche. New battery, new brake pads, several bushings. The front struts were replaced 10 months ago, other than that everything seems ok and functional with the car. It drives very smoothly and the interior is in great shape. The exterior is also in great shape, except for a tiny ding on the left rear door + missing the water sprayers under the headlights and one cracked exhaust tip. It has the wheels in the pictures, and the owner will also include the Turbo 21" wheels that came with the car.

At first, when I read the ad, I thought this car had way too high mileage. But after going for a test drive today, it's apparent that the owner has taken good care of it during the time of ownership. I will be taking it to a certified mechanic to run a full check up on the current condition of the engine, transmission, and underbody next week before purchase. If everything lines up, will this be a good purchase for someone who wants to keep it for a long time? I gave the owner a $30k offer, and so far they are happy with that and just waiting for my decision.

Here are the build sheet codes I got when I ran the report on www.Stuttcars.com:

015 GTS

023 Silver instrument dials

025 Black faced stopwatch

051 Internal production code

081 100-litre fuel tank

098 Left-hand drive version

130 Control and indications in English

160 Emissions concept EU 4 w/o OBD

170 Interior noise suppression acoustic package RoW (Rest of World)

176 Sports exhaust system

182 Hot country version

189 Internal production code

1Z5 Increase in initial standard fuel filling

200 Battery 95 Ah

210 Licence plate space Europe and RoW (Rest of World)

215 Version for Saudi Arabia

219 No Porsche Torque Vectoring, no differential lock

232 20" summer tyres (255/40, 295/35)

250 PDK Porsche Doppelkupplung 7-speed gearbox

261 Electrically retractable mirrors with automatic dimming in comb. with memory

263 Left exterior mirror glass flat

268 Rain sensor

276 Automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror

284 Right exterior mirror glass convex

288 Headlamp washer

290 Internal production code

339 4-wheel drive

342 Heated seats, front

345 Heated steering wheel

350 Air suspension and PASM Porsche Active Suspension Management

379 14-way electrical seat, left

380 14-way electrical seat, right

3M0 Without special measures

426 Without rear window wiper

434 Work instructions for cars for overseas

440 Windscreen antenna

454 Automatic speed control

457 LCA Lane Change Assist

462 Warning system feature: lower (comfort) tyre pressures allowed up to 270 km/h

465 Rear fog light, left

476 PSM Porsche Stability Management

482 TPM Tyre Pressure Monitoring 433MHz

509 Fire extinguisher

516 model designation Panamera GTS

524 Immobilizer, central locking, 433 MHz

534 Alarm 433 MHz

537 Seat memory, left

538 Seat memory, right

541 Seat ventilation, front

556 Seat belts in standard color

565 Airbags in rear seat backrest

567 Top-tinted windscreen

576 4-zone air conditioning

585 Cupholders

594 Alcantara rooflining

604 Xenon + PDLS Porsche Dynamic Light System, Turbo (LED daytime lights in 4-dot design)

605 LED daytime driving lights

612 DVD navigation Middle East

625 Porsche Entry & Drive keyless system

630 Rear interior lights package

638 ParkAssist front and rear, with camera

640 Sport Chrono

642 Start/Stop function

644 Central locking button in rear

650 Sun-moon-roof

656 Electrically adjustable steering column with memory

658 Servotronic speed-dependent power steering

665 PCM Porsche Communication Management touchscreen incl. radio

666 Telephone module for PCM

669 Cordless telephone handset

672 Navigation module for PCM

680 Bose sound system

693 CD/DVD changer for cars with PCM

70Z Without weight group specification for front axle

714 Internal production code related to chassis

71Z Without weight group specification Rear axle

745 Internal production code

760 Internal production code

785 Internal production code

806 Black exterior trim

810 Floor mats

819 Carbon interior trim

830 Rear seats without power, 40/60 folding

845 Carbon multifunction heated steering wheel

861 Electric roll-up blind on rear side windows

862 Electric roll-up blind on rear window

865 Heat-insulating glass

867 Electrical rear lid

869 Rear shelf (fixed luggage cover)

870 Universal multimedia interface

912 Without European ID plate

943 Leather rear seats

970 Two-tone interior

981 Leather dashboard and door panels

983 Leather front seats

991 Leather covered steering wheel airbag

CBY Carbon gear selector

CEG LED interior lighting package

CNG Rear apron lower part painted in car color

CWK Key painted in car color

SM6 Fuel market C

SW5 Scope from Exclusive Custom Tailoring program

XAR SportDesign side skirts

XES Preparation for illuminated door entry guards

XEX Black design headlights

XRY 20" Panamera Sport wheels painted black

XXD Illuminated carbon door entry guards

XYS Model name on front armrest

XYW Porsche crest on front and rear headrests

The following users liked this post:
paddlefoot64 (08-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2019, 07:43 AM
Addbuyer
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How nice does that look. Love the cream leather with white, had that on a previous car. Get a warranty and enjoy the car
Old 06-23-2019, 11:53 AM
mdkelly1
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 54 Posts

Good looking car! They are as great as everyone says they are. You'll enjoy the combination of luxury and performance all in one vehicle.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:44 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

What do you mean by it being a good purchase or not?
Old 06-24-2019, 12:36 PM
ram0
AutoX

Originally Posted by Addbuyer
How nice does that look. Love the cream leather with white, had that on a previous car. Get a warranty and enjoy the car
Thank you! Indeed it's a great looking combo. I'll have to update once I pull the trigger. Will do, thanks again!

Originally Posted by mdkelly1
Good looking car! They are as great as everyone says they are. You'll enjoy the combination of luxury and performance all in one vehicle.
Thanks mdkelly1, I'm really looking forward to it. Your car looks really nice too btw.

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
What do you mean by it being a good purchase or not?
Eh, just kind of wondered if the mileage was too much for a GTS. But the more I read about bulletproof Porsche standards the more I'm ok with it.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:48 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by ram0
Eh, just kind of wondered if the mileage was too much for a GTS. But the more I read about bulletproof Porsche standards the more I'm ok with it.
Yes, they seem reliable. We're new to Panny ownership as well. After a few 911's, we're both surprised at how well we're enjoying the sedan. I had to adjust to the PDK vs a clutch but I'm getting there. My guess is you'll be thrilled with your new ride. I think the interior color is simply the nuts. Good choice.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:19 PM
ram0
AutoX

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Yes, they seem reliable. We're new to Panny ownership as well. After a few 911's, we're both surprised at how well we're enjoying the sedan. I had to adjust to the PDK vs a clutch but I'm getting there. My guess is you'll be thrilled with your new ride. I think the interior color is simply the nuts. Good choice.
Neat! I bet going from the 911 to a sedan was a huge move for you. Manual to a PDK seems like a piece of cake. Thank you, I hope you enjoy your Porsches as well. The color combo is awesome, but this light beige needs a lot of love and care. Will have to do a full interior/exterior detail for sure.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Higher mileage yes, but $30,000 seems like a pretty good deal for a GTS.

Great color combo that might even be 1 of 1.

Does it have rear camera, lane assist? I saw the PDCC, what about PASM? No Burmester - not a huge deal.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:52 AM
ram0
AutoX

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
Higher mileage yes, but $30,000 seems like a pretty good deal for a GTS.

Great color combo that might even be 1 of 1.

Does it have rear camera, lane assist? I saw the PDCC, what about PASM? No Burmester - not a huge deal.
Thanks, Paul. Yeah it has a rear camera and lane assist, it also has PASM since they came standard on the GTS. I figured BOSE would be decent enough, I'm sure Burmester is on another level though.

Went yesterday to do a computer check up and see if there are any fault codes. Actually found a few, and the owner is going to diagnose and see if it's a sensor issue or if there's a bigger problem. We'll see. Attached is the fault code sheet I got.

Do these O2 sensors usually go bad at around this kind of mileage? (80k miles)

Old 07-03-2019, 08:31 AM
RDR142
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

i have a '13 GTS and love it. i originally wanted the burmeister but find myself usually with the radio low and listening to the PSE. i have fabspeed x-pipe which adds another level of enjoyment. the sound, driving characteristics, fit and finish... everything about this car is a joy every time driving it.

good luck with purchase
Old 07-04-2019, 01:16 AM
Fulwild
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check that the new battery is correct. If the battery is not putting out enough power it can cause all sorts of weird faults. Get a print out and clear the codes and see if they come back.
The absence of the head light washers may indicate that the front bumper was replaced and the washers not carried over.
Or that a prior owner was offended by the washers breaking up the smooth lines.
Check that the front parking assist works. If it doesn’t work on all sensors to may indicate poorly repaired front end damage.
The build sheet indicated silver instrument dials but they look black to me. that’s odd.
I’d check the VIN . There are free services like vinanalytics.com but Suncoast.com (search their site for VIN) has a $10 vin printout that is worth it if your serious. Check options on print out vs on car. They should match.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:45 AM
ram0
AutoX

Originally Posted by RDR142
i have a '13 GTS and love it. i originally wanted the burmeister but find myself usually with the radio low and listening to the PSE. i have fabspeed x-pipe which adds another level of enjoyment. the sound, driving characteristics, fit and finish... everything about this car is a joy every time driving it.

good luck with purchase
Hey RDR, I appreciate your feedback. I see that the fabspeed x-pipe is quite popular around Panameras. I'd love to look at their offerings after I get tired of the stock exhaust, which to me sounds just perfect. Yeah, one thing that has really caught my attention is how everything in the car is well built and fitted within the car to perfection. No rattles no weird placement of buttons, etc. It definitely is a joyous ride.

Originally Posted by Fulwild
Check that the new battery is correct. If the battery is not putting out enough power it can cause all sorts of weird faults. Get a print out and clear the codes and see if they come back.
The absence of the head light washers may indicate that the front bumper was replaced and the washers not carried over.
Or that a prior owner was offended by the washers breaking up the smooth lines.
Check that the front parking assist works. If it doesn’t work on all sensors to may indicate poorly repaired front end damage.
The build sheet indicated silver instrument dials but they look black to me. that’s odd.
I’d check the VIN . There are free services like vinanalytics.com but Suncoast.com (search their site for VIN) has a $10 vin printout that is worth it if your serious. Check options on print out vs on car. They should match.
Hey thanks, Fulwild. Do you happen to have the OEM battery specs by any chance? From what I've read it's a 1100 amps cold crank battery. What was your experience?

Actually going with the owner today to clear out the codes and see if they come back. The main rectangular air filter hasn't been replaced in a while, so I'm thinking replace that and clean up the MAF sensor, and then clear codes and see how that goes.

I know this sucks, but the headlight washers were actually stolen off of the car where it was parked right in front of the house...
I'm sure it wouldn't have happened in my neighborhood.

All front and rear sensors are fine, and the vehicle body checks noted that the car was never in an accident, thankfully. The dials like the chrono clock are in silver, maybe just poor lighting from my pics.
I actually got my build sheet from https://stuttcars.com/my-garage. They charge $15, the problem was VinAnalytics couldn't find the car because it's an international build.

Thanks again Fulwild. Will report fault code findings after clearing them today.

Quick Reply: 2013 White Panamera GTS - a good purchase?