Panamera 2010-Current

4S car now says "Porsche Turbo" after dealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 09:41 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts
Default 4S car now says "Porsche Turbo" after dealer visit

So after my last dealership visit, the car now says "Porsche Turbo" (I have a 2017 4S model). Any implications? I really would rather not go back to the dealership. I did notice the view that shows my MPG, etc.. now has a turbo boost display on the bottom, which is cool. Otherwise, no major updates.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:30 AM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe the swapped in a Turbo motor! Or gave you the wrong car back!
Old 07-06-2019, 02:45 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by c4racer
Maybe the swapped in a Turbo motor! Or gave you the wrong car back!
Lol! Would be nice. Any other implications of the display saying Turbo? As long as there aren't any possible issues, I'm thinking of waiting until next year's service to have them fix it.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:51 AM
HankB
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it were just the display, then I suppose no big deal. But, these cars are software driven. we know upgraded third party software can make them go faster. So the flip side is that incorrect, or corrupted, software can make them run poorly, or not run at all. What if besides the display change there are changes to engine management? What if other less obvious software changes were made? I personally would take the car back immediately and have it corrected. I also find this kind of error right up there with forgetting to put oil in the engine during an oil service.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:09 AM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by HankB
If it were just the display, then I suppose no big deal. But, these cars are software driven. we know upgraded third party software can make them go faster. So the flip side is that incorrect, or corrupted, software can make them run poorly, or not run at all. What if besides the display change there are changes to engine management? What if other less obvious software changes were made? I personally would take the car back immediately and have it corrected. I also find this kind of error right up there with forgetting to put oil in the engine during an oil service.
Ugh, I guess I'll email the dealership and see what they say. I already have a first-available appointment with them in 3 weeks to correct some of the other issues they caused during the oil change.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Sounds like you really don't like your dealer.

If you hate the dealer so much that you don't want to return for them to fix electronics that the obviously screwed up, you need to find a new dealer. No shortage in the NYC area. I live up in CT and I don't go to the nearest dealer ( Greenwich) because I just don't like them. My second closest dealer will actually come and pick my car up for service, if I request it. Eventually you are going to have to find somebody to service your car that you trust for you to be happy with it. IMO, the sooner, the better.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:22 AM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by Semitone
Sounds like you really don't like your dealer.

If you hate the dealer so much that you don't want to return for them to fix electronics that the obviously screwed up, you need to find a new dealer. No shortage in the NYC area. I live up in CT and I don't go to the nearest dealer ( Greenwich) because I just don't like them. My second closest dealer will actually come and pick my car up for service, if I request it. Eventually you are going to have to find somebody to service your car that you trust for you to be happy with it. IMO, the sooner, the better.
This is my first visit to this dealership, but so far they are breaking more things than they are fixing. At this point though, I think I need to keep going back to them until they fix everything they caused.

I just learned Princeton Porsche will come pick up the car, so I'll probably use them instead next time. This place was just right up the road from me and very convenient distance wise.

Quick Reply: 4S car now says "Porsche Turbo" after dealer visit