Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 10:13 AM
mikelectic
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dudecs
This is the information from my service advisor, following research on the recall...

"I did some research and unfortunately we’re not expected to receive parts until Sept. I looked into both recalls (there are 2 repairs); Porsche has the main recall AkA7 for blower motor, if the part number applies then we have to perform the 2nd recall WKE0 which is the interim remedy until parts become available for motor. We won’t know if the interim remedy needs to be performed until we check the part numbers. The repair will not consist of recharging or leak testing; it’s strictly a mechanical component repair."

Sounds like one blower motor part number is more serious than the other? Inconsistent information on replacement part availability?

My Panamera has two unrelated problems that needs to be addressed separately and sooner than later... freon leak and driver's side air temperature mixing servo (flap) failure.
Good to know as I was flagged for the AKA7 recall. I'm going to call back as it gets closer to the my scheduled appt date to double confirm that they in fact have the part in. Last thing I want is for them to perform the "interim remedy" and need to bring it back a 2nd time for the replacement.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:20 PM
smithsor
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

My VIN was a hit. 2011 Base model built May 2011

Replace control unit for air-conditioning blower | AKA7 | Jun 21,2019 | NHTSA Recall ID: 19V322

Description

There is a possibility of an electric short-circuit in the A/C blower control unit caused by water ingress.

Safety Risk

Water intrusion, over time, could lead to a short circuit in the A/C blower control unit. In rare instances, the electrical short could result in a thermal event or fire. This issue is detectable by the driver when the vehicle is operated, and the vehicle can be brought to a controlled stop and all occupants can exit the vehicle. However, it is possible that the thermal event or fire could occur after the vehicle is parked and shut off. To mitigate this risk, customers will be provided with instructions to park their vehicles outdoors until they are remedied.

Remedy

The permanent remedy will involve replacement of the A/C blower control unit with a redesigned unit with improved water intrusion resistance to help prevent water ingress. Porsche is also finalizing an interim remedy that will depower the A/C blower control unit when the vehicle is shut-off. This remedy will be offered until an adequate supply of the redesigned control units are available.

last updated Jun 21,2019

In case of questions or wishes, please contact your authorized Porsche dealer for assistance.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:52 AM
Phil_PPTT
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the AC blower fan die on me last year, I was really surprised such a simple part would fail. Now I know why...
Old 06-29-2019, 12:15 PM
mdkelly1
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 55 Posts

Received "Safety Recall Notice" from PCNA for the AKA7 Campaign in the mail yesterday. As mentioned previously, it includes the "park your Panamera only outdoors" warning.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:11 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 236 Posts

Just received the recall notice today. The first part (temporary fix) can be done quickly They are offering pickup and delivery which works for me. Otherwise it’s a day off from work.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:08 AM
David Mazurek
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FUNNY HOW CERTAIN DEALERS WON'T PROVIDE A LOANER IF NOT PURCHASED FROM THEM, CERTAIN DEALERS DO NOT HAVE PARTS YET, AND OTHERS WILL TAKE ON IMMEDIATELY. MAKES YOU WONDER THE SEVERITY OF RECALL?
Old 07-01-2019, 04:46 PM
flapjacksteve
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts

Received this notification on Friday of last week. Called my dealership and they stated it's still "new" to them and that parts aren't available yet. I asked if I needed to bring the car in for the time being and he said no. So I'm not sure how serious the recall is after that conversation.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:32 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Just because the dealers aren't up to speed - doesn't mean it's not serious. I got my notice over the weekend. I will probably give it a week or two and then call the dealer. I rarely drive my car anyway.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:15 AM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Has anyone had the interim repair yet?
Old 07-06-2019, 02:03 PM
dragan
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I went on Wednesday to check recall .dealer ask for name and phone and put me on the list when parts become available approximately two week I vill receive call to set appointment .repair should be done in 45 min(Atlanta )
Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sp3000
Has anyone had the interim repair yet?
Yes, it involves a relay kit if applicable for your blower. They have to check the part number of the current blower motor control unit to verify if the interim fix is applicable. Below is the receipt for the interim fix. When replacement blower motor control unit becomes available, the service department will contact their client list for appointments.

Separately, I had a leak in my A/C condenser. Learned that the Panamera is sensitive to having the correct refrigerant pressure. Too much or too little refrigerant will cause side effects with the HVAC controls. In my case, the driver side vents were blowing warm air when it should be cold. Once A/C leak was repaired and recharged to the correct levels, everything worked properly.

Last edited by dudecs; 07-11-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:24 PM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks! Exactly the info I was after.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:52 AM
groningen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No parts here in Portland Ore yet either. Told dealer we were going to travel for a couple of weeks and asked if an issue. Have them on tape telling me no, ok to go.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:04 AM
dudecs
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by groningen
No parts here in Portland Ore yet either. Told dealer we were going to travel for a couple of weeks and asked if an issue. Have them on tape telling me no, ok to go.
At minimum, the dealer should verify if the interim fix is applicable for your vehicle. The relay kit should be readily available?
Old 07-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Momvivant
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Same here...no parts in SoCal. So frustrated....local dealerships seem woefully understaffed. I called two nearby dealerships; neither had parts for the recall. Said that a small shipment came in and they used all the parts. Guess I’m not yet a loyal customer.

Sister just went in and out in the Hamptons for her recall in less than a day.

Quick Reply: Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall