Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1146270-huge-2010-2016-panamera-recall.html)

FastLaneTurbo 06-04-2019 11:40 AM

Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall

From Car Buzz:
https://apple.news/Ao6D4s2jhSG2Zo4v8YF4RPg

Porsche's recalling the bulk of its first-gen four-doors to keep them from catching fire.

Porsche has issued a recall notice for certain examples of the Panamera. 33,206 of them,
to be precise, from the 2010 to 2016 model years.

The recall includes close to the entire array of Panamera variants offered during those years,
including base, S, 4, 4S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S, and S E-Hybrid models, as well as
long-wheelbase Executive, special Platinum and Exclusive Series editions, and diesel models.

Those first-gen models, though, have apparently had a problem with water leaking into the
A/C blower control unit. The moisture could cause the electronics to short-circuit, which in turn
could spark a fire. So Porsche is instructing its dealership technicians to add a relay harness
and reseal the entire blower control unit to keep water from getting in. In the meantime, it's
advising owners to park their Panameras outside, lest a potential fire spread to, say, the entire
house and engulf everyone and everything inside.

https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/...f/VIN?ReadForm

DogWood 06-04-2019 12:12 PM

you got everybody scrambling to find their VINs :)

ODD, when I enter my VIN I get this "We could not find campaign information about this vehicle because the number you entered contains an error or is not in our system."

if I copy and past the VIN into a VIN lookup site it finds my cars info no problem

Panaseeya 06-04-2019 01:34 PM

"There are currently no open recalls for this vehicle."

Why would a '13 GTS not be included? Is it option specific?

dudecs 06-04-2019 02:32 PM

It may be too early to check for the recall? I read in a different article that the notifications to affected vehicles will go out in mid to late June. Check again later in the month.

fatpan 06-04-2019 03:10 PM

found this

Recall #19V322000 (04/24/2019)

• Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
  • Summary: Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2010-2016 Panamera 4S and Panamera S, 2011-2016 Panamera, Panamera 4 and Panamera Turbo, 2012-2016 Panamera Turbo S and Panamera S E-Hybrid, 2013-2016 Panamera GTS, 2013 Panamera Platinum Edition and Panamera 4 Platinum Edition, 2014-2016 Panamera 4S Executive, Panamera Turbo Executive and Panamera Turbo S Executive, 2015 Panamera Diesel and 2016 Panamera 4 Edition, Panamera Edition and Panamera Turbo S Exclusive Series vehicles. Water may enter the A/C blower control unit, causing an electrical short circuit.
  • Consequence: An electrical short increases the risk of fire.
  • What owners should do: Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will add a relay harness to the A/C blower control unit and reseal it to prevent water from leaking in, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 23, 2019. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKA7. Note: Porsche recommends that owners park their vehicle outdoors until the recall remedy has been performed.
https://autoservicecosts.com/recalls.../panamera/2012

edit: I didn't get a hit thru VIN at Porsche and probably won't until later on I would guess. Just passing along since it had some specific recall # or AKA7 code

Deezflip 06-04-2019 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo (Post 15885688)
From Car Buzz:
https://apple.news/Ao6D4s2jhSG2Zo4v8YF4RPg

Porsche's recalling the bulk of its first-gen four-doors to keep them from catching fire.

Porsche has issued a recall notice for certain examples of the Panamera. 33,206 of them,
to be precise, from the 2010 to 2016 model years.

The recall includes close to the entire array of Panamera variants offered during those years,
including base, S, 4, 4S, GTS, Turbo, Turbo S, and S E-Hybrid models, as well as
long-wheelbase Executive, special Platinum and Exclusive Series editions, and diesel models.

Well, that's practically ALL of them in the U.S.

Makes you wonder...i don't "recall" seeing anyone post about their Panamera catching on fire since 2010, unless I missed it.

DogWood 06-05-2019 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Deezflip (Post 15887170)
Well, that's practically ALL of them in the U.S.

Makes you wonder...i don't "recall" seeing anyone post about their Panamera catching on fire since 2010, unless I missed it.

spontaneous combustion is more of a Ferrari thing isn't it? :)

Deezflip 06-05-2019 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by DogWood (Post 15887208)
spontaneous combustion is more of a Ferrari thing isn't it? :)

Was really concerned for a moment there, but I'm ok now. I'm not saying that the recall is BS or anything, I feel comfortable with it as-is since I have not seen a single post about fires for all them years.

I can just imagine it....dealership: you're fire-proof now. By the way, you'll need an oil change, transmission fluid change, blinker fluid change, and a new engine. That'll be $199,000 plus tax. Thanks.

fatpan 06-05-2019 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Deezflip (Post 15887221)
Was really concerned for a moment there, but I'm ok now. I'm not saying that the recall is BS or anything, I feel comfortable with it as-is since I have not seen a single post about fires for all them years.

I can just imagine it....dealership: you're fire-proof now. By the way, you'll need an oil change, transmission fluid change, blinker fluid change, and a new engine. That'll be $199,000 plus tax. Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing. Or they fix the recall and later the whole dash rattles from them repairing the issue.

FastLaneTurbo 06-05-2019 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by DogWood (Post 15885780)
you got everybody scrambling to find their VINs :)

ODD, when I enter my VIN I get this "We could not find campaign information about this vehicle
because the number you entered contains an error or is not in our system."
When I copy and paste my VIN into the VIN lookup site it finds my cars info no problem

I received exactly the same response - Couldn't find my VIN - "Call Dealer"
So I called my dealer. They checked and advised no recall on my 2015 Panamera Turbo S.
I also have NEVER seen or heard of any spontaneous fires on any Panamera,
and being a 991 GT3 Owner since 2014 I HAVE been looking for any word on Engine fires.
Pretty weird for PAG to put out that extreme recommendation to leave it outside your home
/garage without advising actual history behind that recommendation..

Momvivant 06-06-2019 02:07 AM

My service advisor had no info on this since it didn’t come up when he ran my VIN until I gave him the recall code. He said that Porsche will begin the recall by 6/23 so he said that he would recheck my VIN on that date.

Seems strange that the dealers are the last to know....I’m new to the Porsche brand so was a bit surprised by this.

dudecs 06-22-2019 09:46 AM

This recall is now listed on NHTSA Recall and Porsche Recall websites for affected vehicles.

lexhair 06-22-2019 01:54 PM

I'm not sprinting into the dealer to get this remedied. Notice says there's an interim remedy with changing the controller and a permanent remedy with a redesigned blower unit.

Too bad we don't have 997s that are never driven in the rain/snow.

DogWood 06-22-2019 05:09 PM

my car is still negative :)

dryadsdad 06-23-2019 05:31 PM

Dodged the bullet here with a 2011 4.