Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 2011 Electric Trunk Not Closing

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:20 PM
4sPanamera
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation Panamera 2011 Electric Trunk Not Closing

My panamera had a bad battery from sitting to long.I opened the rear trunk area and then it did not want to close becasue the battery was low and I was in the street and I had to drive. I pushed it down manually it was embarassing.Now the trunk opens but it does not want to close when I push the close button , it is a 2011 model. Is there a common problem with the trunk is it the button or a controle module of the electric shocks that go bad, waht are the common things.Car has low miles or kms
Thank you
Old 04-19-2019, 12:36 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

First thing I would do is to replace the battery - don't bother charging it, jumping it or using a trickle charger. BTDT and it won't solve many problems that are sensitive to battery voltage. With a new battery installed, see if the problem persists. Hopefully it's all you'll need to do. I had similar issues and a quick trip to my local Napa store is all that was needed. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Brian Michael
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something jammed into lock mechanism

I cannot figure out how to open my tailgate manually. I have something (pictured) jammed in the lock mechanism and I have a 2017 Cayenne. If anyone has any suggestions before I head to the dealership, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems from inside the vehicle it would be reasonable to assume in case of an emergency the tailgate could be opened manually.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:24 PM
vinnycherico
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Resolved?

Hello,
Did the new battery resolve this issue? Anything else beyond battery needed?

I recently replaced my struts and battery because of my liftgate not going up or down. Still not moving! Getting 3 beeps when I press any button.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:26 PM
leonlegge32
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vinnycherico
Hello,
Did the new battery resolve this issue? Anything else beyond battery needed?

I recently replaced my struts and battery because of my liftgate not going up or down. Still not moving! Getting 3 beeps when I press any button.
i get the same beeps, i don’t know whether it needs new struts. did you get yours fixed? i hope it’s something simple
Old 12-02-2022, 09:39 PM
vinnycherico
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leonlegge32
i get the same beeps, i don’t know whether it needs new struts. did you get yours fixed? i hope it’s something simple
I ended up ordering a new liftgate control module. Once installed, it’s worked perfectly! It was a pretty easy install, took only about 30 minutes. No programming required, simply swapped the old out with a used controller I found on eBay.
The following users liked this post:
lexhair (05-08-2023)
Old 12-03-2022, 04:31 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

Damn , mine has started to do this too, 3 beeps on opening, will unlock but not raise, has a newish battery too. Will not power close either.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:33 PM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Default Regarding tailgate my button does not work or beep when I try to close

Originally Posted by 4sPanamera
My panamera had a bad battery from sitting to long.I opened the rear trunk area and then it did not want to close becasue the battery was low and I was in the street and I had to drive. I pushed it down manually it was embarassing.Now the trunk opens but it does not want to close when I push the close button , it is a 2011 model. Is there a common problem with the trunk is it the button or a controle module of the electric shocks that go bad, waht are the common things.Car has low miles or kms
Thank you
I have 2012 P mera 4 when I press key fob or door button to open tailgate it only pop open an inch then I have to get out and open it manually then as I try to close it the tailgate button does not work or beep at all I have to close it manually as well can any one help
Old 05-03-2023, 01:44 PM
LXV65 Porsche
Track Day

Default Tail gate jammed like jelly no peanut butter will work just bread 🧾(money)🧐

[QUOTE=Brian Michael;17350374]I cannot figure out how to open my tailgate manually. I have something (pictured) jammed in the lock mechanism and I have a 2017 Cayenne. If anyone has any suggestions before I head to the dealership, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems from inside the vehicle it would be reasonable to assume in case of an emergency the tailgate could be opened manually.oh noooo 🧐
[/oh noooo 🧐I think you need the jawls of life call the fire truck company man they do it free no charge it happens tell them a cat in the back and when they find no live cat say you were talking about your cat back exshaust system 😅nah buh seriously pry bar it brother or pay $150 then repair cost for tail gate or save $150 get it done free by fire man and put that $150 towards new tail gate lock mechanism 🤔🧾
Old 05-04-2023, 10:52 AM
e30rapidic
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by LXV65 Porsche
I have 2012 P mera 4 when I press key fob or door button to open tailgate it only pop open an inch then I have to get out and open it manually then as I try to close it the tailgate button does not work or beep at all I have to close it manually as well can any one help
This happened on my Cayenne, new struts fixed it.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:25 AM
Marcus13190
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 74 Posts

Have you program your tailgate ?
You position it at the good position and you push button on the tailgate during 4 secondes

Last edited by Marcus13190; 05-06-2023 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:33 AM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Michael
I cannot figure out how to open my tailgate manually. I have something (pictured) jammed in the lock mechanism and I have a 2017 Cayenne. If anyone has any suggestions before I head to the dealership, I would greatly appreciate it. Seems from inside the vehicle it would be reasonable to assume in case of an emergency the tailgate could be opened manually.
had this happen to a Jaguar when on vacation. Could not get to the luggage so drove to the nearest dealer in Alabama. Two big guys were able to slip their fingers between the body and lid. They yanked it open, easily. If the latch is released, find a way to force it open.

Quick Reply: Panamera 2011 Electric Trunk Not Closing