Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Panamera 4S in the shop for almost 2 months

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 AM
alzullig
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sandydlc
I'm currently in the process of the repurchase of my Panamera and I've been asked to gather several documents for the 3rd party administrator so that he can process our claim. When I went to the dealership last weekend to collect my personal items from the car I hadn't realized that my registration for the car was missing. I always, always always tuck it in the back of the glove box along with my insurance card. The insurance card was there but no registration. My husband says I'm being paranoid but I'm worried that my car may have been left unlocked at some point during the past two+ months and someone stole it. It has our home address on it so I think it's a concern. What do you guys think? Should I be worried? (I went ahead and bought another copy at the DOL this morning so as not to delay the process.)

Just a side-comment to your missing registration in your thread......I live in the Seattle area too, and at community meeting our city's Chief-of-Police, who was giving a general security talk, recommended always blacking out just the street address line of your registration. He said to black it out on both sides with a permanent marker or better yet, snipping out just that line. That way if someone steals it out of your car, they won't have your address. He said the police are fine with doing this because they already know where you live as soon as they run your plate....so now everyone in my neighborhood does this.

ps> just curious...has all this dealer involvement been through Bell. P?....If so, have you noticed any attitude/helpfulness difference as they've transitioned from Barrier to AutoNation?
Old 09-04-2018, 06:43 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by alzullig
Just a side-comment to your missing registration in your thread......I live in the Seattle area too, and at community meeting our city's Chief-of-Police, who was giving a general security talk, recommended always blacking out just the street address line of your registration. He said to black it out on both sides with a permanent marker or better yet, snipping out just that line. That way if someone steals it out of your car, they won't have your address. He said the police are fine with doing this because they already know where you live as soon as they run your plate....so now everyone in my neighborhood does this.

ps> just curious...has all this dealer involvement been through Bell. P?....If so, have you noticed any attitude/helpfulness difference as they've transitioned from Barrier to AutoNation?
That's great advice and I'll definitely do that for our other vehicles and my new one when it comes in.

Yes, the dealer has been Bellevue Porsche though I did not purchase my car from them (I work with Roger Jobs). I do believe that the service level has dropped since they were owned by Barrier. I used to be able to call in and speak to someone right away and now I'm lucky if I have less than a 10 minute wait before even getting an operator on the phone. I'm guessing that they consolidated their phones to AutoNation instead of allowing the phone routing to be done at the dealership. It was a terrible move and whatever phone system or process they had in place before needs to be implemented again. The only way I have to get through to someone there is via email.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:51 PM
alzullig
7th Gear

Thanks for your reply...Your views pretty much echo my thoughts about the big change at Bell P....I believe they've had quite a turnover both in techs and SA's....Also, they've mostly gone to Enterprise for loaners instead of dealer Porsches...just kind of cheapened up the whole operation and experience. I think everyone in the Porsche community here was very surprised that the Porsche division went in the big Barrier dealerships sale. I think most people thought he would hold that back...but didn't...sigh!

Best of luck when you get your new Panamera....I hope it turns out to be a great experience for you...Meanwhile, enjoy this seemingly never-ending summer we're having here!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:04 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

I suppose I’m lucky that I received a Cayenne to drive. I have had to use Enterprise for other loaners there in the past so maybe they have added to their fleet of Porsche loaners?

i heard back from the 3rd party admin handling my repurchase case and although the audit process is complete and I’ve signed the offer/agreement, he said it’s still another 2-3 weeks before it’s all concluded. I’m really getting anxious about the long time frame. It will have been 3 months since my car went in the shop before I see my next one. Crazy!!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:16 PM
alzullig
7th Gear

That's super-frustrating for you I'm sure....Hopefully you will find a new one that you like...They really are a marvelous car and a real pleasure to drive...so fingers-crossed that it comes out right in the end for you....Best Wishes!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:35 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

without knowing the details of the deal, I assume you have been driving some car (whether the Panamera or a loaner) for couple of months free of cost. So from a financial point of view, the frustration was limited.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:44 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by rsyed
without knowing the details of the deal, I assume you have been driving some car (whether the Panamera or a loaner) for couple of months free of cost. So from a financial point of view, the frustration was limited.
Yes, I was given a Porsche Macan and now a Cayenne to drive until this process is concluded and you're correct that it was at no cost. That being said the frustration stems from ordering a new vehicle with custom options in January, taking it into the shop in late June for what seemed like a fairly easy repair and now 3 months later to still be without my new car that I only had possession of for around 6 weeks. It's just one more thing that I have to deal with and I would rather be paying for my lease with the car that I ordered. I very much realize that these are not monumental problems but when you've anticipated something for so many months, you get it and then it's very shortly afterwards taken away - with no real ETA as to when you'll get a replacement, it's time-consuming and frustrating.

For anyone else who might have to go through the repurchase process I would highly recommend that you stay on top of the process the entire time. When the 3rd party administrator first contacted me asking for documents and information, I responded immediately (same day). Then when I didn't hear from him for a couple of days I checked in and then found that he was still waiting on information from both the dealer and PFS. I was then able to get the ball rolling again to either get the information myself or to make another request for PFS or the dealership to respond sooner than later. I'm sure if I hadn't kept the ball rolling throughout the process it would have easily added another 2 weeks to the process at a minimum. I'm mainly sharing my experience here to help others who might have to deal with the same process in the future, though I would not wish this on anyone.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by alzullig
That's super-frustrating for you I'm sure....Hopefully you will find a new one that you like...They really are a marvelous car and a real pleasure to drive...so fingers-crossed that it comes out right in the end for you....Best Wishes!
Thank you - you're very kind! We keep seeing Panameras on the road and they really are a beautiful car!
Old 03-06-2021, 12:02 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Thought I would reply to this old thread since I'm looking at trading in 18 Macan GTS to a used 18 P4S with just over 3K miles. Problem is -It was repurchased by Porsche 3/1/19 -Car was registered in state of PA - and has a "branded title-Buyback/Lemon. The issue was a CEL --Check engine light on - Lambda Fault per the CARFAX. I tried the search for this CEL on the forums or Google and couldn't find it. Anyone know of this issue just by that description?

Would you consider buying a car branded with Lemon/Buyback title? Resale wouldn't be great, but you assume that when you buy a car labeled a Lemon.
WP0AB2A75JL134668 - Nice build with everything I would like, minus the Sport Chrono but I only used it once with my 12 Panamera 4 and have yet to use it on my Macan. I will though, one of these days.

Still not sure I want to trade in my Macan as it's just more practical with year round driving here in Chicago weather and pot holes....

Thanks
Old 03-06-2021, 01:06 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 696 Likes on 478 Posts

At what price ?
Old 03-06-2021, 02:52 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CHI-ALAN
Would you consider buying a car branded with Lemon/Buyback title?Thanks
Do not buy a vehicle with a "branded title". Aside from the significant impact to resale value, there are limitations for insuring the vehicle (check with your insurance company).
The following users liked this post:
CHI-ALAN (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 06:34 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B Russ
At what price ?
$85,994- https://vinanalytics.com doesn't have the Orig price like it usually does. Guessing around $130K new based on other VIN #'s I've looked up with comparable build/equip.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:37 PM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dudecs
Do not buy a vehicle with a "branded title". Aside from the significant impact to resale value, there are limitations for insuring the vehicle (check with your insurance company).
I agree. I would be worried about the car all the time. Insurance is a good point too. Nice car, too bad it's got a bad reputation.

Here is the link.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=293708886

Last edited by CHI-ALAN; 03-06-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Stunning
Old 03-07-2021, 09:14 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...&partner=DON_0

Last edited by Fred2; 03-07-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 2018 Panamera 4S in the shop for almost 2 months