CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, not a good Carfax report...
Old 03-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Shrike071
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Do you hate your money and enjoy stress? That's the car for you.
The following 3 users liked this post by Shrike071:
alzullig (05-08-2021), CHI-ALAN (03-07-2021), lexhair (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 10:27 AM
CHI-ALAN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrike071
Do you hate your money and enjoy stress? That's the car for you.
Agree, I'm surprised dealers even have these on their lot. Who would buy it? I was wondering why a CEL for that error code would make this car a Lemon in the state of PA.
A dealer in Chicago area, has 4 2019 GLC 63 (s) that are all titled as branded/Lemon.- all low mileage.. Odd..
Old 03-07-2021, 10:35 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think I'd pay fifty cents on the dollar to be the first guy to see if they actually repaired the car.
The following users liked this post:
CHI-ALAN (03-07-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 11:21 AM
mustmax
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandydlc
Hello all,

I took delivery of a leased 2018 Panamera 4S on April 30th of this year. It was totally customized/ordered earlier this year. About mid-June I started getting an error related to the airbag system so I made an appointment with my local dealer to get it addressed. On June 26th, I went to get in the car and there was a new error "Transmission Failure". Needless to say I called Porsche right away and requested a tow. My car was brought into the dealership and I was given a Macan as a loaner. Supposedly the transmission failure error was a bad sensor and it was repaired within a couple of weeks. The airbag system error remains.

Shockingly it's now August 13th and the song remains the same - "sorry your car has not been repaired, sorry, we don't have an ETA on the parts". This has been going on despite me getting in touch with the service manager, the manager of the dealership and finally with Porsche of North America. Supposedly my case has been escalated to Germany. The best they're offering me at this point is to pay for my lease for the two months it's been in the shop but what is the most upsetting is that there is no end in sight. So I'm stuck in a lease on a car that I don't have access to and Porsche cannot tell me when the needed parts will arrive from Germany. I'm also a boat owner and very familiar with being given the run-around when there is a design flaw that the manufacturer doesn't want to admit to.

My first question for you - are there any known issues with the 2018 Panamera 4S? What options do I have to get out of the lease? Does it make sense to accept my vehicle after it's been repaired or should I be leery about the construction of this specific vehicle - what other problems will crop up? I hadn't even owned the vehicle for two months before it started generating serious errors. Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

My 2015 Boxster GTS was a dream in comparison...

Sandy
My sympathies. Unfortunately my ‘17 4S has easily spent more time in the shop than on the road. I don’t fault the dealer at all as I was skeptical and called Porsche and got the same answers about part availability. If I didn’t just love the car so much.....

Quick Reply: 2018 Panamera 4S in the shop for almost 2 months