Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Panamera 4S in the shop for almost 2 months

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 03:09 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Hope for the best for you and things go your way. Sucks having to pay for a brand new car for 2 months and not even able to use it.
At the very least I will be compensated for any payments I've had to make while the car has been in the shop. I'm sure it will all be part of the final offer from them. Just waiting to hear back!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:17 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
I can't believe it's been almost 2 months and they don't know whats wrong, I've never heard of a car being in the shop that long without them knowing the issue. The car is a total lemon I don't think there's any point in taking it back. They may as well just replace your vehicle ASAP, the hearing is a complete waste of time and money for them, there's zero chance they can win. The consumer is extremely well protected by the lemon law, if a criteria is met it's pretty black and white, and you have far exceeded the 30-day criteria. Glad you have the ball rolling and hopefully it won't be a drawn out process for you.
Thank you! Yeah I spoke to our auto broker and she was completely shocked. She said she's never heard of such a thing either.

This very much feels as though Porsche knows there is something wrong with my vehicle (beyond just a bad controller for the airbag system) but they are either not willing or able to fill me in on what the problem is. I'm sure they'll fix it up and sell it to someone else. It's a shame - it was a custom build and it turned out great.

Depending on what Porsche offers me, I will need to decide to go with another Panamera or maybe I should go back to my previous car (Boxster GTS) or I could do a 911.

2018 Panamera 4S Delivery
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM
jrjunior31
Advanced

That's a beautiful pic! Love the neighborhood. It's nice to see so much green. LA is torched from all the heat and no rain ever. I just got back from Cape Cod, MA and it's so green and lush, I can't wait to move back there! Is that Agate grey? Looks phenomenal in that lighting condition.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:33 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

That's a beautiful pic! Love the neighborhood. It's nice to see so much green. LA is torched from all the heat and no rain ever. I just got back from Cape Cod, MA and it's so green and lush, I can't wait to move back there! Is that Agate grey? Looks phenomenal in that lighting condition.
That's Seattle for you! I've lived here most of my life and wouldn't leave.

Yes, that's Agate Grey Metallic. This was taken on my delivery day - April 30th. Sadly I only had the car for about 6 weeks before I had to have it towed to the dealership where it's remained ever since.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:06 AM
sandydlc
Track Day

I spoke to a rep from Porsche NA today. They were able to tell me that the part needed to complete my repairs is not available because Porsche has changed vendors and the new part has not yet been certified/passed inspection. Sadly they still cannot provide an ETA on completing the repairs so I'm left with two options:

1) Continue to wait and drive their loaner (really not an option at this point because it could be months until the new part is available)
2) Start the process of a repurchase

My husband and I spoke this evening and we decided that we're going with the option to have Porsche repurchase my vehicle. According to WA law they will need to reimburse me for all lease payments, any taxes paid, any cap cost reduction etc. They have also offered $5K towards the purchase/lease of another Porsche. The whole process will take about 3 weeks.

Since my Panamera was a custom build I could have a 2019 built for me however my salesperson has already told me that it will be December until I see the car and I don't know whether Porsche would provide a loaner for me until that time. I will likely have to see what my dealer has in stock or can acquire by the time the repurchase process is done.

While I do miss the manual transmission on my Boxster GTS I do think that the Panamera is a better vehicle for our family. Although our son is 18 we still occasionally go out together and the Panamera is more comfortable than our Jeep Rubicon.

This is disappointing for sure but I hope that at the end of it I'll have a car that I love and can enjoy for the term of my lease.

Sandy
Old 08-17-2018, 03:03 AM
jrjunior31
Advanced

If you don’t see any inventory that you really like tell the Porsche NA rep your car was a custom build and there’s nothing similar available at your dealer, and you want to order another car. They may indeed allow you to stay in a loaner to make amends. Then it would be like five months roughly where you had no car payment, and also 5K off a new build. I’d say that would be quite a satisfactory resolution.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:46 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

If you don’t see any inventory that you really like tell the Porsche NA rep your car was a custom build and there’s nothing similar available at your dealer, and you want to order another car. They may indeed allow you to stay in a loaner to make amends. Then it would be like five months roughly where you had no car payment, and also 5K off a new build. I’d say that would be quite a satisfactory resolution.
Just got the latest update. My vehicle has been approved for repurchase (yay!).

The bad news - I can only keep the loaner until the process is complete (which I've been told will take 2-3 weeks). They would not authorize allowing me to keep a loaner long-term. So, it doesn't seem as though ordering another custom vehicle will make sense for me unless I'm willing to rent a car at my own expense until it arrives.

I have a call into my salesperson and he'll be back in the office tomorrow. I'll find out what they have in their inventory that might be close enough to my previous vehicle and just lease that. If not then I'll look into long-term car rentals and just wait for the car I want. <sigh>
Old 08-17-2018, 08:43 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Depending on what Porsche offers me, I will need to decide to go with another Panamera or maybe I should go back to my previous car (Boxster GTS) or I could do a 911.
Get a 991.1 or 991.2... I did the switch and can't be any happier.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:08 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2010panny4S
Get a 991.1 or 991.2... I did the switch and can't be any happier.
For my next lease that's the plan. For now the Panamera is what will work for our family.

I went to go and pick up my personal items from my car at the dealership on Saturday. I don't know why but seeing that it only had 1923 miles on it made me really sad. The dealership gave me a Cayenne to drive until the repurchase process is concluded. It's better than the Macan but I've decided the Cayenne is too big of a car for me. My husband on the other hand is planning on replacing our Jeep Rubicon with another Cayenne in another year or two (he had one before and misses it).
Old 08-21-2018, 02:21 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Cayenne's are awesome SUV. I love getting them as my rental cars for service as the cushion on those seats is way better than Panny's IMHO. Coming from 4 way or so adjustable and race seats in the Cayman R, sitting in Cayenne's plush seats are great vacation for your bumbum. Mecan's are good for small families, my sister in law is thinking of getting the GTS model.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:55 AM
sandydlc
Track Day

I'm currently in the process of the repurchase of my Panamera and I've been asked to gather several documents for the 3rd party administrator so that he can process our claim. When I went to the dealership last weekend to collect my personal items from the car I hadn't realized that my registration for the car was missing. I always, always always tuck it in the back of the glove box along with my insurance card. The insurance card was there but no registration. My husband says I'm being paranoid but I'm worried that my car may have been left unlocked at some point during the past two+ months and someone stole it. It has our home address on it so I think it's a concern. What do you guys think? Should I be worried? (I went ahead and bought another copy at the DOL this morning so as not to delay the process.)
Old 08-25-2018, 03:30 AM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Seems strange but I wouldn’t be concerned. Two months in the shop is forever, maybe one of the techs needed it for some reason and it got misplaced. Or someone rifled through the glove box looking for valuables and it fell out. As far as your house being broken into (assuming that’s your concern?), criminals know where good neighborhoods are, they don’t need a registration from a car to target a nice home.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:52 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow,, what an ordeal Sandy! But I think you've made a good decision to stick with a Panamera! Good luck!
(PS: I had to chuckled as I misread your screen name....replaced the "l" with an "i"! )
Old 08-26-2018, 09:59 PM
sandydlc
Track Day

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
Wow,, what an ordeal Sandy! But I think you've made a good decision to stick with a Panamera! Good luck!
(PS: I had to chuckled as I misread your screen name....replaced the "l" with an "i"! )
Oh - ha ha! It looks a little more normal in caps!

A friend was asking me if I'm sure I want to take a chance on another Panamera - wondering if my next one will have the same issue. I guess that is a risk but I would think that if there was a huge issue with the Panamera that others on this forum would have chimed in by now. I'm hoping that mine was just a fluke. I really hope to get more information tomorrow. The 3rd party admin had requested information from me but then didn't follow up. Good thing that I did or who knows how much longer the process would have been delayed!!
Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 AM
sandydlc
Track Day

So I'm still waiting. Right now all of the required paperwork should be with the 3rd party administrator and now i'm just waiting to get final approval. In the meantime the Panamera that I'm hoping to be able to pick up may or may not be available. I'm so frustrated!!!

Quick Reply: 2018 Panamera 4S in the shop for almost 2 months