Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

We misplaced the remote to our Chamberlain Lift Master opener, so I ordered a remote from Amazon. Followed paper instructions that came with it, pushed the purple learn button on the opener unit, and the remote programmed immediately.

Then, fully aware of this thread and the problems others were having,programming the Homelink buttons in the new Panamera, I pulled out the owner’s manual, found Homelink in the Index, and followed the instructions. Those take you to the on-screen prompts and directions in the Car menu. Followed those, and I easily programmed the button.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:39 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Homelink - Great News

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Is there any way you can ask them what they did to fix it? My Dealer doesn't have a clue and although using the original "clicker" that came with the Lift Master garage door openers isn't all that bad, I'd really like to have the Homelink function properly.
So my dealer determined my Homelink module was bad and they ordered a new one on Monday. Part came in two days later and I dropped the car off yesterday and they installed the new module. Picked it up today and took it home and I was able to get both garage door openers now working. If you are having problems you may also have a bad module.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
We misplaced the remote to our Chamberlain Lift Master opener, so I ordered a remote from Amazon. Followed paper instructions that came with it, pushed the purple learn button on the opener unit, and the remote programmed immediately.

Then, fully aware of this thread and the problems others were having,programming the Homelink buttons in the new Panamera, I pulled out the owner’s manual, found Homelink in the Index, and followed the instructions. Those take you to the on-screen prompts and directions in the Car menu. Followed those, and I easily programmed the button.
UPDATE: My 2018 must have forgotten the code because pressing the button doesn't open the garage door anymore. So I attempted to reprogram the button just as I was able to do before, as described in my post above. Now, however, I can't. Double and triple checked the directions. I do have Lane Change Assist, but it wasn't a problem and I didn't need to pull any fuses the first time I programmed it. Thoughts?
Old 05-02-2019, 07:12 PM
mc-pgts
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
you have a rolling code garage door opener. check this out
Rolling Code
This worked first try on our 2015 GTS and a rolling code Liftmaster.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:01 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungTurk
UPDATE: My 2018 must have forgotten the code because pressing the button doesn't open the garage door anymore. So I attempted to reprogram the button just as I was able to do before, as described in my post above. Now, however, I can't. Double and triple checked the directions. I do have Lane Change Assist, but it wasn't a problem and I didn't need to pull any fuses the first time I programmed it. Thoughts?
You have a rolling code garage door opener. Check this out
Rolling Code
Old 05-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 65 Posts

Homelink is easily contacted by phone and someone will talk you through getting it working. They are great and willing to help fix any homelink problem.
Just look up their customer service number on google. Homelink Customer Service!!!!
Old 11-25-2019, 10:30 AM
plima
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is another Homelink-Panamera experience. We just took USA delivery (after a Stuttgart delivery in September) of our 2020 Panamera 4S. I spent over an hour following the PCM "helper" instructions with no luck. I tried removing the 2 fuses for LCA with no luck. Finally, I Googled Homelink-Porsche and found https://homelink.com/porsche I followed their directions exactly (ignoring PCM altogether) and the programming worked perfectly the first try. It appears that the Homelink module (functionality at least) is determined by Homelink, thus their instructions are appropriate.

Quick Reply: Homelink