Panamera 2010-Current

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 12:26 AM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by skicanman
Just got my Panamera. Tried setting up the Homelink for my garage door openers and could not make it work. Only a few other posts regarding this issue so I am trying to see if anyone else has recently experienced this problem. I tried everything including taking out the two fuses related to the lane change assist (the frequency apparently interferes with homelink programming). Also, watched a video from Orlando Porsche and followed instructions to a T. No luck. Bummer on a $100k car. Anyone else.

Also, any way to permanently turn off the engine auto on-off feature (don't like having to manually turn off every time I drive the car).
you have a rolling code garage door opener. check this out
Rolling Code
Old 06-29-2018, 01:56 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

If you look up into the roof panel light cluster, you will see behind a grille, a small RF transmitter/receiver bulb. Point the remote light towards that bulb, within a couple inches when setting up. Worked for me. Before that, had issues getting to work. Must be close to work.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:14 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ciaka
If you look up into the roof panel light cluster, you will see behind a grille, a small RF transmitter/receiver bulb. Point the remote light towards that bulb, within a couple inches when setting up. Worked for me. Before that, had issues getting to work. Must be close to work.
I see three small "grill" at the top of the cluster and one on either side, but I don't see the small RF transmitter/receiver bulb behind any of them?? Are you looking at the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid?
Old 06-29-2018, 04:06 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

if you look closely, you will see one I think the left driver side one where the mic is. I will have to look again. I pointed the tx of the remote 2 inches from the hole and it paired no issues. Make sure you clear the buttons first by holding outside ones for 20 seconds (until start flashing fast), before you start the process.

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I see three small "grill" at the top of the cluster and one on either side, but I don't see the small RF transmitter/receiver bulb behind any of them?? Are you looking at the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid?
Old 06-29-2018, 04:23 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Some of you may find this video helpful:

Old 06-29-2018, 06:59 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by cometguy
Some of you may find this video helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKdOMf6EtuU
I watched that video back in May when I first tried to get my garage door opener linked to the car. Couldn't get past the first step. Since then I've tried numerous time including going to all the trouble to remove the two fuses under the passenger seat related to the LCA and still can't get it to work. Car is great except for this problem and not being able to play Amazon Music. I'm hoping when I next take it in they will do a significant software update and maybe that will fix both of these problems.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:42 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

This discussion got me to finally try linking my garage door with Homelink, after a month of having my new car. (I had previously been unsuccessful in linking my 2015 Panamera 4, so I didn't have high hopes and didn't rush to try the first month, given how hard I had tried with my earlier car.) I tried a whole bunch of combinations, using the instructions in the menu, that video we are discussing above, etc. -- no luck. I tried also just hitting the Learn button on the overhead opening mechanism in my garage first (as well as at various stages after "first"), and using a combination of pointing the remote at the overhead inside-car button as per menu instructions, just holding the overhead inside-car button without touching the remote, both, etc. Very frustrating... I guess I'll just keep using the remote that came with the garage-door opener, though we don't have enough for all our cars, so we have to share (and sometimes we get home with a car not having a remote and so have to get out to open the door in the rain or snow).
Old 06-30-2018, 03:39 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I watched that video back in May when I first tried to get my garage door opener linked to the car. Couldn't get past the first step. Since then I've tried numerous time including going to all the trouble to remove the two fuses under the passenger seat related to the LCA and still can't get it to work. Car is great except for this problem and not being able to play Amazon Music. I'm hoping when I next take it in they will do a significant software update and maybe that will fix both of these problems.
Same for me. Nada.

Also tried the standing in front of car. and taking out the fuses. Nada. Dealer can't seem to fix either. May ask them to replace the whole unit.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:20 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Same for me. Nada.

Also tried the standing in front of car. and taking out the fuses. Nada. Dealer can't seem to fix either. May ask them to replace the whole unit.
I think the whole unit is flawed and it's the same unit on my TTRS. Dealer and myself tried everything. I have a lift master 2013 FYI and no luck.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:33 AM
skicanman
Track Day

Dealer fixed the problem for me! Not sure what they did but got home and synced the rolling code and all is well.

Frustration eliminated.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:25 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Dealer fixed the problem for me! Not sure what they did but got home and synced the rolling code and all is well.

Frustration eliminated.
For me syncing wasn’t the problem. The problem was that it loose sync after a week of use. Let us know if you have the same problem as me.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:44 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Frustration eliminated.
Is there any way you can ask them what they did to fix it? My Dealer doesn't have a clue and although using the original "clicker" that came with the Lift Master garage door openers isn't all that bad, I'd really like to have the Homelink function properly.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:15 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I second that... Please write out the instructions that your dealer used, so that the rest of us might be able to try the same solution.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:47 PM
skicanman
Track Day

I second that... Please write out the instructions that your dealer used, so that the rest of us might be able to try the same solution.
I will see if I can get them to provide me with info. I left the car with them for 4 hours and drove away when they assured me it was fixed.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 AM
skicanman
Track Day

I talked with the service tech and was told that they took out some fuses related to the lane change assist and then had to reset some codes (could not have done this DIY). So, best bet is to take it to the dealer along with your hand held garage door opener. There is a service advisory on this issue so the dealer should be able to fix it.

Quick Reply: Homelink