Panamera 2010-Current

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:41 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink

Just got my Panamera. Tried setting up the Homelink for my garage door openers and could not make it work. Only a few other posts regarding this issue so I am trying to see if anyone else has recently experienced this problem. I tried everything including taking out the two fuses related to the lane change assist (the frequency apparently interferes with homelink programming). Also, watched a video from Orlando Porsche and followed instructions to a T. No luck. Bummer on a $100k car. Anyone else.

Also, any way to permanently turn off the engine auto on-off feature (don't like having to manually turn off every time I drive the car).
Old 06-27-2018, 01:42 AM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

My homelink on my turismo was a failure just like my 2018 TTRS which VW probably uses the same defective unit. It looses bind and I have a lift master opener. The stop start sucks. It turn back on after every start unlike the Macan. Currently, these annoyances may had helped contribute to me selling both of those 2018 vehicles.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:08 AM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Worked fine on my 2013
Old 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your garage door opener could have a scrambling code that changes every time, which requires a specific method to set up Homelink.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:09 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by skicanman
Just got my Panamera. Tried setting up the Homelink for my garage door openers and could not make it work. Only a few other posts regarding this issue so I am trying to see if anyone else has recently experienced this problem. I tried everything including taking out the two fuses related to the lane change assist (the frequency apparently interferes with homelink programming). Also, watched a video from Orlando Porsche and followed instructions to a T. No luck. Bummer on a $100k car. Anyone else.

Also, any way to permanently turn off the engine auto on-off feature (don't like having to manually turn off every time I drive the car).
New or used? If used, try clearing all the old codes first. Then do the re-programing. I'd bet your garage door head has roming code, so you need to include that learning function, too.

Basically, you teach the car the code to it's assigned button. Then you hit the "learn" function on your garage opener head. Then you keep pressing the assigned button in the car until the door moves. DON'T PARK UNDER THE DOOR.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:41 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Thanks all. I tried all the recommended solutions. Taking to dealer to get it checked out. May be a defective unit.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:40 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by skicanman
Thanks all. I tried all the recommended solutions. Taking to dealer to get it checked out. May be a defective unit.
I have the same problem with my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. I've also tried everything to get it to work including removing the two fuses, etc. I have a Lift Master also. For now I'm just using the "clicker" that came with the garage door opener. It's not a "roaming code" problem as I can't even get past the first step which is to get the car to recognize the "clicker". My next step is to have all my software updated as I've learned my PCM is out of date and most likely so are the other software components in the car. My dealer is waiting for some other parts to arrive to fix a cosmetic problem with my car, so once those arrive then we will do the software updates and see if that fixes the garage door opener. Not really a major problem as the "clicker" works just fine. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same for you.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:23 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

On my 2018 Turbo Sport Turismo, the homelink programming worked great. Genie opener, rolling codes, it worked on the very first try and has worked flawlessly ever since.

On my 2018 Carrera GTS, same garage door, in two months of trying I haven't been able to make it work yet. I'm relegated to driving around with a garage remote clipped to the sun visor.

Come on, Porsche.... really? Same Homelink, same year car? Really?

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
'18 Carrera GTS
Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Funny... my Genie units in other houses are a PITA to program... you get the light blinking, then you hold the remote near bumper, lights flash, then push the button on opener, then keep pushing opener button in car until it takes the roaming code. And it works like 50% of the time.

I have a marantec (German made thing, super quiet!) in new house and its EASY to program. Get light flashing on car, hold remote near font of car, lights blink, DONE. Its got a secure roaming code but uses a different type of setup than the Genie.

Anyway...
Old 06-28-2018, 06:39 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Try using the original factory remote to program the HomeLink. I failed at first with and programmed Cline remote, but was successful with the original remote.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:46 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Th
Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 PM
skicanman
Track Day

--
Old 06-28-2018, 11:49 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I have the same problem with my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. I've also tried everything to get it to work including removing the two fuses, etc. I have a Lift Master also. For now I'm just using the "clicker" that came with the garage door opener. It's not a "roaming code" problem as I can't even get past the first step which is to get the car to recognize the "clicker". My next step is to have all my software updated as I've learned my PCM is out of date and most likely so are the other software components in the car. My dealer is waiting for some other parts to arrive to fix a cosmetic problem with my car, so once those arrive then we will do the software updates and see if that fixes the garage door opener. Not really a major problem as the "clicker" works just fine. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same for you.
Thanks and will do. Not a major problem but annoying in a car that costs 100k. Never had a problem with Hondas, BMWs, Mercedes, etc.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:55 PM
skicanman
Track Day

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Try using the original factory remote to program the HomeLink. I failed at first with and programmed Cline remote, but was successful with the original remote.
Thanks. Neither the original or the knock off remotes work.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:02 AM
GT350
1st Gear

My first Porsche (GT4) and having same problem, talked to Homelink and they didn't have a clue. Recognizes the clicker when programming from scratch, goes through the learn cycle for the rolling code - then nada.. doesnt move.... Lift Master Elite series, I wonder if that's a theme??

Quick Reply: Homelink