Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:26 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I was on Suncoast Parts browsing a few days ago when I saw they were selling (I don't remember exactly) either painted G2 key trim or touch up paint in Dolomite Silver. I emailed them and asked for picture of the items and they said the items aren't in stock, just ordered, however he added an extra piece of info (see email below):

I never heard of the Color Code M7P because the build sheet and config says something else. Maybe someone can take this info and find an accurate picture?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I was on Suncoast Parts browsing a few days ago when I saw they were selling (I don't remember exactly) either painted G2 key trim or touch up paint in Dolomite Silver. I emailed them and asked for picture of the items and they said the items aren't in stock, just ordered, however he added an extra piece of info (see email below):

I never heard of the Color Code M7P because the build sheet and config says something else. Maybe someone can take this info and find an accurate picture?
Hmmmm. Private...
Old 06-23-2018, 06:08 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Guys...

its about time

dolomite silver v. rhodium (Dolomite is always on the left side in these pics)

Old 06-23-2018, 06:09 PM
ssiminou
Banned

dolomite v. GT silver on a 911

Old 07-02-2018, 08:23 PM
TheSpartans78
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting these pics, Ssiminou. I am also considering going with dolomite silver for my Panamera 4S but I haven’t seen this color in person. May I ask, do you happen to have some more pics of dolomite silver, perhaps a pic or two of dolomite on a Panamera

Originally Posted by ssiminou
dolomite v. GT silver on a 911

Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by TheSpartans78
Thank you for posting these pics, Ssiminou. I am also considering going with dolomite silver for my Panamera 4S but I haven’t seen this color in person. May I ask, do you happen to have some more pics of dolomite silver, perhaps a pic or two of dolomite on a Panamera.

I inquired with a few dealers whose inventory showed a dolomite panamera. all of those cars were in transport and we'd probably see the color on a panamera sometime around late July, but it was described to me as more silver than rhodium, less 'blue' than rhodium, and more sparkly than rhodium. And it's obviously not quite a true silver like GT.

so for now, the best pic is probably the one where the sample is held up against a rhodium cayenne. here are a few more pics of the sample. i also have a pic of quartzite grey which might be coming to the panamera soon (all ready on the cayenne). let me know if you'd wanna see that as well.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 PM
TheSpartans78
7th Gear

The color sample looks very nice and quite similar to Mercedes’ Diamond Silver Metallic. Hopefully we will see some more pictures from dealers as we approach the middle to the end of July.

BTW, does anyone know the start of production date for 2019 Panamera 4S models? I have got a dealer that has provided a late July/early August allocation to us, but the model year is 18.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

don't expect any 2019 production before March 2019: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...on-my2019.html

If your dealer has a confirmed production slot in July (which I doubt because if it is July, the spec is locked and he can't change it anymore) or August, then go for it. As of September, production is stopped/limited in all Porsche factories.

My friend's build slot was scheduled for end of May, mine for 3rd week of June. As we speak neither car has been produced. Just lots happening in the factory as we speak.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 AM
TheSpartans78
7th Gear

My build allocation is for August — lock date is July 26th, the build date is scheduled towards the end of August, and delivery date is November.

If I were to get a September allocation, or postpone the build date by a month, then do I get a 2019 model? If I am not mistaken, Porsche has already started the production of 2019 Cayenne.

Originally Posted by rsyed
don't expect any 2019 production before March 2019: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...on-my2019.html

If your dealer has a confirmed production slot in July (which I doubt because if it is July, the spec is locked and he can't change it anymore) or August, then go for it. As of September, production is stopped/limited in all Porsche factories.

My friend's build slot was scheduled for end of May, mine for 3rd week of June. As we speak neither car has been produced. Just lots happening in the factory as we speak.

Last edited by TheSpartans78; 07-20-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:20 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpartans78
My build allocation is for August — lock date is July 26th, the build date is scheduled towards the end of August, and delivery date is November.

If I were to get a September allocation, or postpone the build date by a month, then do I get a 2019 model? If I am not mistaken, Porsche has already started the production of 2019 Cayenne.
I can only talk for builds for the European market but I assume it is the same for the US market:
1) Cayenne production will be on hold from September through to March. Anyone who orders a Cayenne today will have his car only produced in March. This was the status according to my SA 4 weeks ago when my colleague wanted to order the new Cayenne
2) As with the Cayenne, the Pananera is not exptected to be produced as of 1st September. First expected production is sometime in Q1 2019.
Porsche is currently switching the production of all models to meet the new WLTP emission standards. As of September, there will only be a selective 718 and 911 models available for production. Neither Cayenne nor Panamera shall be produced.

So if you have an August build slot, take it or risk waiting an extra 6 months.What I hear from my Sales Agent is that currently Porsche is producing lots of cars before 31st August and this was clearly evident on Friday when I picked up my car - the show room was packed with cars waiting for delivery.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:05 PM
ssiminou
Banned

What did WillTell finally decide to do? There are plenty of used Turbos listed for sale but very few feature contrast stitching. And those who do are listed higher than the rest.

Also, I found a 2018 M760Li with 450 miles and a 1/10 Jahre edition listed for 130k. Original sticker was 190k. intersting proposition.

Quick Reply: New color (Dolomite Silver) and 2+1 comes to regular Panamera plus advice sought!