Old 01-10-2010, 04:28 AM
payam972
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read the title and initially thought this was a thread about hot female chauffeurs
Old 01-10-2010, 06:00 AM
911hk
Advanced

Originally Posted by David in LA
Read the title and initially thought this was a thread about hot female chauffeurs
+1 yea~
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Tim - that is a beautiful rig. I drove boom trucks for a couple summers way back when, and I remember lusting after Petes.... Those pics make me want to quit my current profession and hit the road

Not in the running here, but the Scooby is a pretty fun d/d. Aftermarket springs, sways, droplinks, a few bushings, lightweight wheels, and a proper alignment make it a reasonable weapon. Here's a little warm-up on a cold morning at Mosport (too cold for slicks).

Matt - how do you like the Sti ... been considering one as a replacement for the MCoupe DD.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Motobob
Instructor

My daily driver...

Pure power:

High tech:

An item of beauty.... pretty - dunno....Dont beat me up, I drive 113 miles RT on my daily commute...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,394 Likes on 808 Posts

I'm partial to my s500 designo:

Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I drive the Z3 3.0L as a daily driver. The Trans Am and 993 are the long term keepers. Although none of the three are obviously made anymore I could sell the Z3 without losing any sleep so it gets taken for every day use.
Attachment 411658

Last edited by 95 NC 993; 08-30-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine. I think mine could be also on the ugliest thread. I think it's just badass, not pretty at all.
The other daily driver is bicycle but I don't think it counts.

I thought mine might be the biggest but then I saw Tim's... Great looking Pete!
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 AM
sbarracl
Racer

Here's mine. On a lease, which I like - more like a long term rental. I don't get as worked up over a rock chip or door ding. As long as it's small enough to not be charged for at turn-in. The front end really takes a beating around here in the winter.

Tim, nice Petes. I worked for Peterbilt for 10 years so I also have a soft spot for them.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by sbarracl
Here's mine. On a lease, which I like - more like a long term rental. I don't get as worked up over a rock chip or door ding. As long as it's small enough to not be charged for at turn-in. The front end really takes a beating around here in the winter.

Tim, nice Petes. I worked for Peterbilt for 10 years so I also have a soft spot for them.
Beautiful "leased 3"! And thanks for the explanation of what a "Pete" as I didn't know what you guys were talking about at first when you were saying simply, Pete. Peterbilt. Now I get it. I didn't connect the dots at first.

"In the early part of the 20th century, Tacoma, Washington plywood manufacturer and lumber entrepreneur T.A. Peterman was faced with a lumber logistics problem. He couldn't get freshly felled logs from the forest to his lumber mill quickly, or efficiently. In order to develop forest assets, it would be necessary to improve upon the contrived methods of the day: floating logs down river, or the use of steam tractors, and even horse teams. Peterman knew that if he could develop the then nascent automobile technology and build trucks, he could go a long way towards solving his problem.
To this end, he was rebuilding surplus army trucks, improving the technology with each successive vehicle. Shortly thereafter, he purchased the assets of Fageol Motors of Oakland, California in 1938 in order to supplement his need for a custom built logging truck chassis. Fageol had gone into receivership in 1932. By 1938, the Great Depression had driven the value of the assets to nearly zero. Peterman acquired the defunct truck manufacturer and began to produce customized chain-drive trucks for exclusive use by his timber concern. In 1939, he began to sell his remarkable trucks to the public. T. A. Peterman died in 1945. His wife Ida, sold the company to seven individuals within the organization (management) less the land. They expanded it into a serious producer of heavy-duty trucks. In 1958, Ida Peterman announced plans to sell the land to develop a shopping center. The shareholders, not having the desire to invest in a new manufacturing facility, sold it to PACCAR. PACCAR (Pacific Car & Foundry Co), then primarily a manufacturer of railroad freight cars, was looking to expand into truck manufacturing. PACCAR, which had acquired the assets of Kenworth in 1945, was already an up and coming player in the heavy truck market."

Autobot leader Optimus Prime's alternate mode in the 2007 Transformers film is a Peterbilt Model-379 truck
Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by beers4all
Matt - how do you like the Sti ... been considering one as a replacement for the MCoupe DD.
Beers,

Huge potential, great car for the money, IMHO hard to beat.

BUT, it is not well setup out of the box - too soft, too much understeer. If you buy one, you will need to spend about $1200-1500 + labour to neutralize and sharpen the handling.

If you end up with one, I can give you the list of things to do - been there, done that.

Happy to meet you in the GTA sometime if you want to give it a spin .
Old 01-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Beers,

Huge potential, great car for the money, IMHO hard to beat.

BUT, it is not well setup out of the box - too soft, too much understeer. If you buy one, you will need to spend about $1200-1500 + labour to neutralize and sharpen the handling.
There's a guy that shows up at the Sovereign auto crosses in NorCal in his Sti DD that is always in the top 3 fastest times of the day. He usually pulls out about 2 cubic meters of crap out of the back including a dog barrier, bike stuff, kids helmets, inline skates and pads etc., throws on a helmet and smokes the doors off of everybody's pretty, expensive weekend toys. It's great to watch.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM
ofd
Instructor

Here's one of mine, the other 2 are a HME pump and a water rescue truck/boat. If you think driving a P-car is a rush, try driving a pump to a working fire in traffic, when you can see the smoke from a KM away......... gets the blood moving.

Cheers,
Geoff
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts

Here is my winter/daily driver. I love the car to bits. Especially cool as we never got these in Canada so I imported it this may from Beaverton, Oregon. Funny thig is after the fact I was looking through some of my old Porsche history and found out it too was from beaverton. I guess they grow a nice crop of cars there for us canucks!!!

Derek

Quick Reply: Who's got the prettiest daily driver?