Notices

Any of you guys ever driven a Ferrari 360?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:03 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I returned from Houston this afternoon with the Fiat. Holy schit. It is everything it is supposed to be. *Visceral* (fock the diction police), and sexy. It smells incredible, the workmanship and attention to detail of the bodywork and the interior materials are amazing.

Quite an interesting car, with its exposed hardware, exposed motor, etc. Very feelsome, very mechanical.

For any bike guys out there, it feels like Campy.

Bottom line: I miss my 997S already and loved that car, but the Fiat is pure lust. I wish I could pimp both, maybe one day. I've picked up a pretty unique E36 M3 for my short commute to work on crappy days.

Pics to come.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:27 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frayed
I like that comparison, but I'm a Mavic guy anyway

What's the track tool gonna be???
Old 08-20-2006, 12:57 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by allegretto

What's the track tool gonna be???
Hey Doc, I have an E36 M3 LTW running a 400 hp euro motor from Sunbelt, Motons, badass diff, all the safety gear, roll bar, yadda yadda. That's the track car. It's still at bimmerworld getting sorted out.

Picking up a cool E36 M3 for the daily commute on Monday.

I only put about 8k miles/year on my car, so 4k fiat and 4k M3 street car should be easy.

I picked up a movie at the local Blockbuster 2 hours ago. Had a friggen fan club at the video shop. Crazy.

EDIT: talked to Jeff at your dealer this past week. he said you were digging the 360 side by side with the 430. having had the same experience this afternoon (as well as actually touching an Enzo and two F40s), I agree. Though, I suppose I'll probably have to have a 430 eventually, well, just because.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Re the fan club, that's exactly what I got when I drove around France in my friend's F430. It was a spectacle and really a bit over the top for me. But the wife likes it so much she convinced me to order one. It is pretty funny about the bling factor. Back in 1990, when I had my first 964 and driving across country, a Porsche did turn a few heads and garner understated comments. Nowadays, only in kids in small towns in Germany or France bat an eyelid.
The ferrari on the other hand is like a big neon sign of vainglorius. Ostentatious is designed into it.
Which is why I never liked the idea of owning one. I prefer the under the radar approach to sports cars.
But the tactile feeling of the F430 turns you to the dark side of bling very easily. So I'll let my wife drive the car to the restaurants and public functions, I'll just drive to the twisty roads. Oh and yes, a ferrari really does get the ladies' attention.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

AnthonySP - know the previous owner of your 360Spider quite well...to say she was well looked after is an understatement. Enjoy
Old 08-20-2006, 09:55 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Hey Doc, I have an E36 M3 LTW running a 400 hp euro motor from Sunbelt, Motons, badass diff, all the safety gear, roll bar, yadda yadda. That's the track car. It's still at bimmerworld getting sorted out.

Picking up a cool E36 M3 for the daily commute on Monday.

I only put about 8k miles/year on my car, so 4k fiat and 4k M3 street car should be easy.

I picked up a movie at the local Blockbuster 2 hours ago. Had a friggen fan club at the video shop. Crazy.

EDIT: talked to Jeff at your dealer this past week. he said you were digging the 360 side by side with the 430. having had the same experience this afternoon (as well as actually touching an Enzo and two F40s), I agree. Though, I suppose I'll probably have to have a 430 eventually, well, just because.

A few guys at the track have those , they're fast alright.

I have yahoos chase me just to take pics with their stupid cellphones. THey drive unsafely and weave thru traffic for this.

Just remember not to do anything in it that you don't want some dipstick to have a picture of
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

A few guys at the track have those , they're fast alright.

I have yahoos chase me just to take pics with their stupid cellphones. THey drive unsafely and weave thru traffic for this.

Just remember not to do anything in it that you don't want some dipstick to have a picture of
It's like stardom except you're not the star but the ugly tag-along I really question if I want to deal with that next year when my slot comes up. That and how a few teenagers or 20somethings feel the urge to try and outdrag me at the light or brake hard behind me thinking I want to race them. I've got about 23 days of driving a f430 spider and 15 of those days had something like that happen, be it in the US or Europe. I mean if I'm storming around twisty roads and someone joins me, it's fun.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
It's like stardom except you're not the star but the ugly tag-along
yeah! take him down a peg! he needs it!

I really question if I want to deal with that next year when my slot comes up.
430 spyder? i'll take your spot!

jeff
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Sorry my wife would take the stance I take on my 964... I'd get rid of you before the car goes. She wants it more than me.
And it's not an insult to Allegretto. I've seen guys ignore gorgeous women driving a F430 spider just to look at the car. I mean there's something wrong with that.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:33 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Sorry my wife would take the stance I take on my 964... I'd get rid of you before the car goes. She wants it more than me.
And it's not an insult to Allegretto. I've seen guys ignore gorgeous women driving a F430 spider just to look at the car. I mean there's something wrong with that.
Hey, no offense taken. I mean, I'm not the type of guy that wants 20-something boys chasing him

Your wife sounds like a keeper to me!

And Jeff. stop being so sensitive. Just belly up and buy one!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:42 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, no offense taken. I mean, I'm not the type of guy that wants 20-something boys chasing him

Your wife sounds like a keeper to me!

And Jeff. stop being so sensitive. Just belly up and buy one!
lol!
my wife would get a kick out of that!
not too many people refer to me as sensitive!
b/t you, frayed, eggplant, and colm i am gettin a bad case of "wanna f-car"

jeff
Old 08-21-2006, 03:31 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats Frayed!!! Nice takedown, love it with 6-speed.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by icon
lol!
my wife would get a kick out of that!
not too many people refer to me as sensitive!
b/t you, frayed, eggplant, and colm i am gettin a bad case of "wanna f-car"

jeff
Hey don't blame us if you can't resist.
I'm going for a TESLA next in a few years once it becomes a bit more mainstream. I KNOW you won't fall for that one.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just curious on your thoughts relative to your 997.
Drove a friend's 360 two weeks ago. The 997 (mine with PASM/Chrono/19-in wheels) is similar in performance except the 997 has more precise steering. Drove the 360 up to 115 mph on a back road.

Last edited by holminator; 05-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,641 Likes on 2,321 Posts

you are a campy guy?
me too, seven axiom, merlin custom, colnago c50, all record shod.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys ever driven a Ferrari 360?