Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

New Member, First time porsche owner (992)!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024 | 10:21 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by LJM992
Yea agree, same thing in LA, virtually every other car has some type of matte or satin wrap. Decided to keep it as is, now I just need to figure out a way to keep dirt and fingerprints off for longer than 30 seconds after a wash How much did your ceramic coat help with that? Also I didn't know you could add ceramic over PPF.
Yes, you can totally add ceramic over PPF. It was a great investment for me---it helped keep the car clean a lot!! I highly recommend doing it. Also do the wheels. I drove my black 992 as a daily in Boston through snow and everything--and the ceramic made it so much easier to clean.

Old 06-15-2024 | 08:44 AM
LJM992
Track Day

Originally Posted by Metalblond
Yes, you can totally add ceramic over PPF. It was a great investment for me---it helped keep the car clean a lot!! I highly recommend doing it. Also do the wheels. I drove my black 992 as a daily in Boston through snow and everything--and the ceramic made it so much easier to clean.

Thx for the info, how long did the benefits last you?
Old 06-19-2024 | 11:37 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by LJM992
Thx for the info, how long did the benefits last you?
I had the car for four years and drove it through Boston and New Hampshire all year round (snowstorms, salty roads, etc...). I just traded the car in and, once detailed, it looks as good as new. I just had my new Agate Gray car done with the PPF and ceramic over it without any questions after seeing how great it was on my last car. I really recommend it--especially on a dark car.

Last edited by Metalblond; 06-19-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: New Member, First time porsche owner (992)!