Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

Guidelines for participating at Rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 01:50 PM
Toneri
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Post for pm?

Hi,

Trying to figure out how PM would work and one post here suggested I need to post first? Anything else needed?
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (08-02-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 12:45 PM
k_davis
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Been a lurker for awhile but decided to take the plunge and become a poster
Old 08-23-2022, 09:55 AM
mpey
3rd Gear

Default Private messages

I joined last week, but still do not have access to send messages to people. I just get a screen that says I don't have permission. Is that a paid feature?
Old 08-23-2022, 10:28 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 743 Likes on 515 Posts

You can get instant access by paying, but PMs are unlocked once you've contributed some content within the Community, this helps ensure scammers and spammers do not join to abuse the system.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:05 PM
mpey
3rd Gear

Thanks Robb. At least I know I'm not crazy!
Old 09-18-2022, 12:38 PM
iRace323
AutoX

Just adding +1 to my post count
Old 09-18-2022, 12:40 PM
iRace323
AutoX

Originally Posted by Robb M.
You can get instant access by paying, but PMs are unlocked once you've contributed some content within the Community, this helps ensure scammers and spammers do not join to abuse the system.
Can you please add some details regarding "some content"? I am but fluttering in the wind here.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:24 PM
Mpartymiller
2nd Gear

Thanks for those who elaborated on membership requirements. Still figuring this out.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:36 PM
fenster44
3rd Gear

Many thanks! I was wondering the same thing.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:44 PM
josh cape cod
4th Gear

+1 newbie posting here to unlock messaging . I also responded to a car for sale thread a couple times! Not a bot!
Old 10-06-2022, 03:08 PM
Pauljc84
7th Gear

New member here. Joined up while visiting from Scotland.
Found the forum when searching for Luft8 tickets.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:40 PM
miked1368
1st Gear

Default radio *****

Folks, as many of you have observed, posts on various forums have been the subject of considerable controversy and numerous complaints. In part this may be due to the fact that many of us don't know the rules. Few if any have looked at the already published guidelines and the Terms Of Service we all accepted when we registered.

Herein you will find a fairly concise summary of the "rules of the road". This Forum will be open for dialog for the moment at least, in the hope that communications between us will foster a better understanding and a stronger community.
------------------------------

Rennlist Posting Guidelines:

Content: All material posted or linked to, must be G rated. In other words, use only language and post material suitable for the home or office. Do not post foul language, racial epithets or sexually explicit content in any form. At no time will insults or attacks on an individual be tolerated. Racial slurs, epithets or denigrating references to race, color, creed or sexual preference will not be tolerated. This general content rule applies to posts, signatures, avatars and links within posts.

The exception to this rule is in the off-topic section (only available to paying members) whereby the content may be a PG-13 rating (some colorful language may be reasonably utilized), however such content may not be used in an insulting or attacking manner.

Special Rule About Using Rennlist for Buying or Selling Firearms: Advertising, buying or selling firearms on Rennlist is prohibited. It violates IB policy and in addition contraves contractual terms relating to their acquistion of certain other websites.

Buying, Selling, Trading, and Promotions: Please see the rules posted here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/new-memb...-rennlist.html

Sponsors are cautioned not to disparage other vendors, or the products/services they may offer.

Promoting Non-Commercial Events: From time to time, posts promoting a not for profit event of interest to the Rennlist community will be permitted. Said posts should appear in a maximum of 6 forums and not repeated more than once a month. Posts of this nature will be closely scrutinized. Any attempt to disguise a commercial venture as a not for profit event will be dealt with promptly. When in doubt consult with a Rennlist Moderator to be pre-cleared.

Promoting a Vendor: Praise and a recommendation of a vendor by users is encouraged as a service to the community. On the other hand, excessive promotion of vendor(s), i.e., cheer leading, will be viewed as advertising. In the same vein, systematic and sustained vendor bashing, i.e., carrying out a vendetta against a particular vendor will result in sanctions.

Signatures and Avatars: Must be a reasonable size and contain only G rated material. Particular attention will be paid to suggestive photos. Moderators are empowered to edit or even delete material deemed objectionable.

Copyright Materials: You may not post any copyrighted material that you do not have rights to. Please link to external articles rather than post them in the forums. Posting or soliciting copyrighted material (Carfax reports for example) is prohibited.

Private Messages: Are just that, private. Posting a private message is strictly forbidden and will result in a ban of indeterminate duration.

Failure to Comply: With the rules may result in posts/threads being edited, or deleted as deemed necessary. Continued violations of the rules outlined above may result in certain restricted permissions, up to and including permanent banishment from Rennlist. The latest version of the Forum Software includes “infractions”. Individuals who disregard these guidelines will be issued an infraction. Infraction are like demerit points on your driving license. If you get too many you lose you license or, in the case of Rennlist, your ability to post.

Moderators: In the past forums were moderated by one or two people. As of now, Moderators are permitted to deal with any infractions they observe in any forum.

Hi: New member. 2018 Cayman S - Florida car - the radio ***** have gotten sticky from heat & humidity. Any suggestions for something to apply to the *****? Porsche cannot support this problem for some reason.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:26 PM
SMosser
3rd Gear

+1 trying to see if PM will now work
Old 11-15-2022, 04:44 PM
shak00
5th Gear

Default How to DM a member?

Hi,
Is it possible to DM a member concerning an old post? any directions will be appreciated.

Thx.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:51 PM
Porschetest
7th Gear

I formed my account yesterday and would like to post a vehicle for sale--as well as message members regarding purchasing other vehicles. My account is too new--so the system is not allowing me to do these tasks. When will I be able to do this?

Quick Reply: Guidelines for participating at Rennlist