Notices
New Member Welcome Area New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what P-Car you own. Save your vehicle related questions for the technical discussion areas.

newbie here got a car he wasnt prepared for

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 11:02 PM
sasquatchola
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default newbie here got a car he wasnt prepared for

hi guys. my name's Chris. im happy to see forums are still a thing in the porsche world.

im coming from the vw world. my older brother and older cousin are both into vw/audi/porsche and i started with a vw golf(which i still own and daily drive)

ive been on a journey trying to find the right dual purpose streetable track car and while doing so i'm going down the list of bucket list cars ive wanted to own.

i traded my e36 m3 for a 996 c2 a few days ago and it all happened within a matter of 24 hours.

996 gt3 is on the list.. but im happy enough to even have a 996 under my hands

ill post a whole build/journey thread in the appropriate section on all the cars ive had/owned, but here's some pictures of my 996

its an 01 c2 with 173k miles. 2 previous owners. first owner seemed to have leased the vehicle and returned it. second owner had the car from around 40k miles all the way to 173k.
pretty much bone stock with tons of maintenance records. still on the original paint as well!

The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (04-24-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:21 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 422 Posts

Congrats. Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:54 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats! A 99 C2 was my first 911! Great car. Beware, you will be hooked forever.

Quick Reply: newbie here got a car he wasnt prepared for