German Car Day - Sunday June 19th

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts
Default German Car Day - Sunday June 19th

German Car Day at Larz usually draws in a great group of German Cars from around New England.

Last year the upper and lower levels were completely filled and many cars were parked behind the castle.

Hope to see a few of you there next Sunday.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
nskd3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does this work? Is this event a concourse? Do you have to register your car to be able to park in the grass or do they just allow the cars to park any place?

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

While I haven't been to German Car Day at Larz, I've been to several of their other lawn events such as British Car Day and their Tutto Italiano. Generally if you want to bring a car onto the grounds of the show to park on the lawn you have to register for the event (you can usually pre-register or just do it when you arrive). They try to group cars of the same make together at the events I've attended there...so Jags are parked together with other Jags, Maseratis with other Maseratis, etc.

Again, while I haven't been to the German Car Day before, the other events I attended did have a Concours judging or you can choose not to have it judged and just display it there.

Hope this helps, but I'm sure Marine Blue and others that have specifically been to German Car day there can add more info.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
paa502
Pro

Originally Posted by Dino944
While I haven't been to German Car Day at Larz, I've been to several of their other lawn events such as British Car Day and their Tutto Italiano. Generally if you want to bring a car onto the grounds of the show to park on the lawn you have to register for the event (you can usually pre-register or just do it when you arrive). They try to group cars of the same make together at the events I've attended there...so Jags are parked together with other Jags, Maseratis with other Maseratis, etc.

Again, while I haven't been to the German Car Day before, the other events I attended did have a Concours judging or you can choose not to have it judged and just display it there.

Hope this helps, but I'm sure Marine Blue and others that have specifically been to German Car day there can add more info.

Best regards,
Dino
So it is a little different than Porschefest in that you can't get on the grounds just to park? Usually spectator's cars park on the left of the main drive and in back.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by paa502
So it is a little different than Porschefest in that you can't get on the grounds just to park? Usually spectator's cars park on the left of the main drive and in back.
I can't say for sure, but it may depend on how many cars attend. Porschefest is kind of small as its a single marque event. For bigger multi brand events like Tutto Italiano (which has Fiat, Lancia, Ferrari, Pantera, Lamborghini, Maser etc), I've seen them use almost the entire grounds sometimes including that grassy area to the left that you described, and a grassy area thats up the hill beyond the museum. German car day is VW, BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche etc., and if there are a lot of cars they might need the grassy area to do more than just park cars. I have been to events where you could park in the area to the left, but I don't know if this will be one of those events.

Best regards,
Dino

Last edited by Dino944; 06-16-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Last years event filled up the main grassy areas and the lower area as well. Many cars were parked behind the castle as well towards the later part of the day. From what I can tell, you can either preregister or register when you arrive. The fee is $20.00. Bring cash for food and other car stuff you may want to purchase.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

I'll bring my 964 but I won't show it. You can usually get parking on the left when you come in.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 536 Likes on 366 Posts

I will likely go and spend the $20 (only $10 xtra) to park on the lawn although I will not likely stay for the whole event. Probably bringing my kids.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Ispeed
Drifting

I brought my 928 and e34 540i/6 last year, and the bimmer got more attention than the P car. Too much chaos bringing my young daughter, so for sure I will be solo in the 928. See y'all there.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ispeed; 06-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Great event. 1st Class collection of 356's, plus an orange 911S (long hood, early 70's) that was pefectly restored and drool worthy.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:57 PM
paa502
Pro

Originally Posted by 95_993
I will likely go and spend the $20 (only $10 xtra) to park on the lawn although I will not likely stay for the whole event. Probably bringing my kids.
Saw a beautful black 993 to the left of the main drive with rennlist decal.

Originally Posted by Boston Blazer
I'll bring my 964 but I won't show it. You can usually get parking on the left when you come in.
Nice to meet you and chat for a moment Patrick.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
German Car Day at Larz usually draws in a great group of German Cars from around New England.

Last year the upper and lower levels were completely filled and many cars were parked behind the castle.

Hope to see a few of you there next Sunday.
Immaculate black Boxster Spyder on the main lawn looked great. Stunning car.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Dino944
Drifting

There were definitely lots of cool cars in attendance; some beautiful air cooled cars, some newer watercooled Pcars, a BMW M1, MB SLS, MB 450SEL 6.9, an Audi R8 Spyder...and a ton of other drool worthy vehicles. Definitely a fun day!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Dino944
Drifting

The Boxster Spyder belongs to fellow rennlister, Marine Blue. I can definitely say that his detailing skills are amazing!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

Paul, Nice to meet you too. I like your taste in Pcars

I added a bunch of pics to the Random Picture Thread in OT. Don't see many Z8s or NSXs around. It's always nice to take a look at the non-show cars to see some interesting stuff.

I'll be at British Car Day next week with my Triumph.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
Great event. 1st Class collection of 356's, plus an orange 911S (long hood, early 70's) that was pefectly restored and drool worthy.
Was that your blue C2S on the lower lawn? What a beauty!

Saw a beautful black 993 to the left of the main drive with rennlist decal.

Nice to meet you and chat for a moment Patrick.

Thanks for the comment about the Spyder. It was actually kind of dirty with all the dust in the air.

The black 993 is Rob's car (95_993), very nice example!

Dino, Rob and Rob as always it was great catching up and talking cars. Looking forward to Porschefest in September.

It was a great event this year, lots of great cars and great people to talk cars with. Weather was spectacular as well, perfect day for a topless drive. I took the loooooong way home yesterday.

I took some pictures as well, I'll get them posted up next weekend when I get back from my trip.

Quick Reply: German Car Day - Sunday June 19th