Detail Shop in Boston

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 02:10 PM
Curvehound
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maxbb
I had 2 cars done by Q most recently the gt4, great group of guys and local

The first car came out flawless with ceramic coating and PPF. The gt4 had black paint correction done (which looks amazing, the paint was pretty rough), ceramic coating and expel. Overall it came out great, however, the PPF does have some bubbles and a couple of rough edges that will need to be fixed in the spring but I dont anticipate this being an issue. I wouldnt hesitate to have your car done by Q. I can send you some before and after pics if you'd like
Thanks, helpful to know. Glad to hear there are at least two good installers in the area
Old 01-10-2021, 03:52 PM
MDN
Track Day

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Curvehound
thanks for the input - very helpful. I have spoken to Rick and am setting up an appt. What you mapped out is pretty close to what I was planning as well. similar to what I had on my 911. My only question is whether to do the area behind the front wheels or just do full hood and the front wheel arch. it seemed a lot more extra (eg $500) just for that small extra part of the front clip.
Agreed that it does seem like a large premium for that small extra part. Given it is tucked behind the wheel it doesn't seem like a super high risk area.

That said, I'm glad about doing full front quarter panel because: (1) the panel is fully wrapped so you do not see the edge of the film, and (2) I plan to do some light tracking so want as much coverage around the wheels as possible. Had to keep telling myself it was still a drop in the bucket on a $115K car.

Ultimately I like having the peace of mind of the full 100% frontal wrap, and I plan on keeping the car for a while so it felt worth the investment. The whole process in general feels unnecessarily expensive but I guess it's all part of the game...
Old 02-22-2021, 08:36 PM
Vsapra
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

I had 2 cars done by Q most recently the gt4, great group of guys and local

The first car came out flawless with ceramic coating and PPF. The gt4 had black paint correction done (which looks amazing, the paint was pretty rough), ceramic coating and expel. Overall it came out great, however, the PPF does have some bubbles and a couple of rough edges that will need to be fixed in the spring but I dont anticipate this being an issue. I wouldnt hesitate to have your car done by Q. I can send you some before and after pics if you'd like
after reading your review I ended up going with Q for a paint correction and 4 layers of Ceramic Pro. They did a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:48 PM
maxbb
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Vsapra
after reading your review I ended up going with Q for a paint correction and 4 layers of Ceramic Pro. They did a fantastic job. Highly recommended.

amazing! glad it worked out and cant wait to see more pics on their page
Old 02-22-2021, 10:27 PM
Curvehound
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

amazing! glad it worked out and cant wait to see more pics on their page
Agree that 911 looks great.

I ended up having my Spyder done at Unique Car Care which has now moved to Middleton. Rick did a great job and am very pleased.
It sounds like we have multiple good shops now in the area.
Just wish the weather would improve so I can drive more.
Ian
Old 03-16-2021, 03:14 PM
mfonseca
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

I do detailing out of my home garage. I have a certification with the International Detailing Association and do everything from maintenance washes to paint correction and ceramic coatings If anyone is interested in more information send me a pm.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:33 PM
Jedi Apprentice
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mfonseca
I do detailing out of my home garage. I have a certification with the International Detailing Association and do everything from maintenance washes to paint correction and ceramic coatings If anyone is interested in more information send me a pm.

where are you located?
Old 03-21-2021, 07:44 AM
mfonseca
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

I am in Milford, MA.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:07 PM
CarterRuss
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I am in Salem, NH if anyone is looking for a detail. I don't do PPF but I do paint correction and ceramic coat (I use Feynlab Lite and Gtechniq CSL personally). Like mfonseca, I am home garage based. Cheers to warmer weather!
The following users liked this post:
mfonseca (04-12-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 11:07 AM
willigd
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by willigd; 06-01-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: deleted
Old 06-01-2021, 11:09 AM
willigd
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mfonseca
I am in Milford, MA.
Hey I can't send PMs but am in Sherborn and would love to connect. Can you shoot me a text at Six17 9twoOne Ninety52Three?
Old 06-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Cay911
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, Unique Car Care! Rick recently (2 weeks ago) paint corrected and PPFed the front end back to the mirrors on my 2020 Cayenne Turbo then Ceramic coated the whole SUV. He also detailed and ceramic coated my 911 TT and UV protected the interior. The 911TT was entirely PPFed by Rick 5 years ago.

I would not trust my cars to anyone else. He and his crew are the best!

Last edited by Cay911; 06-01-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Detail Shop in Boston