Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Used Turbo? vs. New GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:27 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 109 Posts

I have a new GTS and love it. No turbo experience but GTS is hands down one of the best SUV on the market. It is more like the sports cars Porsches's brand is built on. New PCM is neat but not yet sure what AT&T will want monthly.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:31 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

I was in the market for a Macan but the back seat is too small, so more than likely will be buying a used cayenne GTS
Old 06-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Yard Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same boat as the OP and thought I found the perfect used turbo to buy when I came across this thread. I haven't driven either car yet and I am curious what makes the GTS a sportier driver than the turbo. All thoughts appreciated.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Yard Dog
I am in the same boat as the OP and thought I found the perfect used turbo to buy when I came across this thread. I haven't driven either car yet and I am curious what makes the GTS a sportier driver than the turbo. All thoughts appreciated.
As far as I can tell, there is no difference. Both have the same suspension and lowered ride height, although I think with the GTS, the lowered height can be set to be the default position. My sense of it is the GTS has the handling and brakes of the Turbo without the Turbo's 400hp.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 567 Likes on 313 Posts

The GTS is 10mm lower than the Turbo (both with AS). The suspension is stiffer than the Turbo as well. Steering across MY17 has been improved. Best to test drive both.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I have a 4 and 6 year olds. Macan s is our "family car" when we need one(we live in Manhattan)

We're maxed out. Adults can't sit back there comfortably. IMO
On contrare! Our son is 6' 3" and doesn't mind it in the backseat for rips around the city.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:18 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 286 Posts

Our Turbo has steel springs but with Sport/Sport Plus, the suspension becomes more taut. It does sit higher, though. The Air Suspension allows a lower setting. Trying to suggest to my wife that we "need" lowering springs. The rear seat room objection is a valid one but depends on who may sit there and for how often. We rarely have passengers so it's not a valid concern. Having the reat seat backs fold down for large or long cargo offsets the rear seating room objection for us. We just returned from a "Roads & Rails" event with our PCA Region to Virginia and West Virginia and our longest trip yet in the Turbo. What a great, versatile vehicle! No matter the Interstate or mountainous "twisties", it does it all extremely well. Those 18-way Sport Seats with ventilation are awesome!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:08 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Our Turbo has steel springs but with Sport/Sport Plus, the suspension becomes more taut. It does sit higher, though. The Air Suspension allows a lower setting. Trying to suggest to my wife that we "need" lowering springs. The rear seat room objection is a valid one but depends on who may sit there and for how often. We rarely have passengers so it's not a valid concern. Having the reat seat backs fold down for large or long cargo offsets the rear seating room objection for us. We just returned from a "Roads & Rails" event with our PCA Region to Virginia and West Virginia and our longest trip yet in the Turbo. What a great, versatile vehicle! No matter the Interstate or mountainous "twisties", it does it all extremely well. Those 18-way Sport Seats with ventilation are awesome!
We luv our turbo as well and got one of the very first ones. Used prices seem low but I was looking at a new one to see if we get a new one next year and the current prices have increased quite a bit as more options are now standard raising the minimum price. To get a similar model to the one we have, granted there are more features now standard would be at least 10 to 15k more than what we paid.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM
jaxon2
Track Day

New GTS if it were me. I just drove a new 2017 GTS and a new 2016 Turbo. I actually liked the GTS better. GTS was more spirited. Low end Torque was greater, handling was better. Kind of a shame..... I could have gotten a great deal on the Turbo!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Gotta like the looks of the GTS better than turbo??
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here:
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/orde...different.html
Old 09-04-2016, 12:18 PM
pavster
Instructor

Test drove a GTS and found it a bit lacking in the power department so I would be looking for a CPO turbo. Sill not sure it's a good replacement for our current family car which is an A7. Back seat and trunk are both smaller on the Macan. I bet thats the reason you see so many on the used market - people think they can make it work and then realize it's just too small.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:14 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 489 Posts

Thought I'd let you know I'm selling my 2015 Turn in RL vehicle marketplace.

Thanks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...must-sell.html

Last edited by jford; 09-06-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Goldstar
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Macan is great in most any form. The GTS is probably best bang for the buck. Pretty tight on space for some needs in my case.
When replacing the SRT Jeep I settled on Audi SQ5. This truck is a sleeper, shares a lot with the Macan, slightly better performance and ride with a lot more usable space. Great tranny and Supercharged engine combination. Highly recommend. Will likely get a Macan GTS to replace the X6 in the next year.

Quick Reply: Used Turbo? vs. New GTS?