Few Qs on Macan S Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Drew138
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Qs on Macan S Order

Ordering an S here in a few days and need a few questions answered:

Under no circumstances do I want alcantara on the seats. I only see the leather / alcantara optoin under the basic 8way seats. I'm getting the 14way partial leather. Can someone confirm that this option will not include alcantara? Also don't really understand what exactly you are getting with the second option "partial leather w/ leather package". What is the "leather package"? Anyone care to explain / convince me of the benefits of full leather?

Has anyone heard the diff between the Bose and Standard Audio system? Inclined to get the Bose for the inclusion of the sub.

Painted side skirts? Is this an option? I want the blade and rear lower painted but don't see options for the other rubbery bits to be painted.

3 Zone comfort. Worth it?

Here is my S build. 69k http://www.porsche-code.com/PFL3CV25

Rapidly approaching turbo price. I can configure a turbo for 80k pretty close to how I want it forgoing a few things like chrono and some exterior trims.

80k Turbo build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PFJXB2A4

Probably stick with the S. Thanks for the sounding board. Feedback always appreciated. First time ordering a Pcar new. Options are dizzying. No wonder they are so profitable.

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 PM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the three zone, roof rails, smokers package, Entry and Drive, PDLS, and PASM.

Skip the pricey options -
- side blades (us plasticdip and do it yourself)
- Skid plate
- Tinted LEDs - aftermarket, add later
- dials in white ($$!)
- Bose
- Sill guards

Head over to Mcanforums.com for way more info
Old 12-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew138
Ordering an S here in a few days and need a few questions answered:

Under no circumstances do I want alcantara on the seats. I only see the leather / alcantara optoin under the basic 8way seats. I'm getting the 14way partial leather. Can someone confirm that this option will not include alcantara? Also don't really understand what exactly you are getting with the second option "partial leather w/ leather package". What is the "leather package"? Anyone care to explain / convince me of the benefits of full leather?
My 14 way partial leather does not have alcantara. I had my SA show me the full leather items, they were minimal and not worth the upcharge to me.

Has anyone heard the diff between the Bose and Standard Audio system? Inclined to get the Bose for the inclusion of the sub.
Sub, more speakers and more power, there's a thread or 2 on PCM showing it.

Painted side skirts? Is this an option? I want the blade and rear lower painted but don't see options for the other rubbery bits to be painted.

3 Zone comfort. Worth it?
Mine's Sapphire Blue, I like the blades in black, nice contrast to me. However I wish I had ordered the rear fascia (part at the top of the rear glass) in SB (yes, I see you selected this option). 3 zone yes, adds air ducts to rear seats.

Personally I wanted the "Macan S" script but not the P O R S C H E script, dealer just removed the "Porsche" before delivery.

I would not order the smokers pkg. again only because others have said that cubbyhole is great place to keep their cell phone. I have a tough time finding a good place to keep mine where it doesn't rock back and forth every time I stop or take off.

I personally like Entry & Drive and Comfort Lighting, Sport Chrono I would most likely leave off next time. I have no desire for Tinted tail lights.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

3 Zone comfort. Worth it?Cheers.
I went with the Bose. I want good sound but not crazy money sound.
I am sure the Bose is better then basic and I am happy with mine.

I wernt with painted side blades to better hide them. Not a fan of exposed side blades. Nothing else can be painted when i ordered my macan.

I have 2 zone because nobody really sits in the back to warrant a 3rd zone.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:04 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

For your order MHO:

Rear fascia paint is not something i would notice.
Front skid plate is overkill
tinted tail lights are not really something i would notice
Sport chrono is wasteful
19" are too small for the car. You need the 20"

I think the white guages look really cool and the brushed aluminum treatment is nice too. (I didnt have the option of white guages at the time and i didnt bother to throw the extra cash for the brushed aluminum.)

Premium package plus is nice as it gives you all the little bells and whistles one would expect in a luxury suv. I got it too.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

my Macan build in Canada:

Macan S $54300
Premium Package Plus $7260
Black $0
Standard interior Black $0
Heat and Noise insulating glass $1130
Porsche Intelligent Performance $0
Sideblades, plastic in car color $770
Aluminum Roof Rails $440
Reversing camera including park assist front and rear $0
Power steering Plus $310
PDK $0
20" Macan SportDesign wheels $2880
Mechanical sunscreen for rear side windows $290
Light comfort package $380
14-way power seats with memory package $0
SiriusXM Satellite Radio $640
Bose Surround Sound System $1600

Total Price $71,115
Old 12-04-2014, 05:00 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the durability difference between leather and alcantara?

The difference between the base system and the Bose system is significant to my ear. But in practically any moving automobile, there is enough outside noise and distraction that music quality may not be the center of your attention. Each person must evaluate this for himself.

No side skirts would be my preference. Where is the delete option?

3 Zone comfort is not worth it IMHO unless you're going to be driving the Macan as the chauffeur for a demanding short-statured client.

Drop the Chrono unless you plan to take the Macan to a track.

Drop the skid plate unless you plan to do serious offroading or have one hell of a difficult driveway.

A bit more self-scrutiny will keep you well away from Turbo price territory. There are very few electronics options that truly pay for themselves -- it's almost always the electrical sensors and circuits that cause headaches later, whereas you won't miss them if you never had them.

If you are a serious driving enthusiast living in the great white north, then two sets of wheels make sense. I personally use less expensive, smaller diameter wheels with winter tires.

Smoker's package? One would think that Porsche enthusiasts would not be sucking on cancer sticks like the lowest IQ members of society. But what do I know?

Last edited by roule; 12-09-2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: update
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have not ordered the air suspension or PASM, the normal setting was too soft, the sport setting too harsh, standard steel suspension is just fine.

Bose too much bass, wife and I turned the radio off in the demo as it was so annoying. And I hear techno / electronic music all the time.

Parking sensors are good enough, you don't need the camera but it is included in a package we don't have in Germany I believe.

Sport chrono something I skipped, I have it in the Cayman R and there it makes sense.

Ok, but fair enough, my Macan is a cruiser, have the Diesel engine and the 18 inch rims, it is sporty enough but for real sport duty I have another car. Would the Macan be my only car, I would go Turbo, sport chrono and PTV.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Drew138
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. Made a bunch of changed specifically based on the input/feedback here.

Got my build down to $67,380

Here it is: http://www.porsche-code.com/PFDFKLC6

Dropped the painted side blades but only cause I'm getting the dark blue metalic. Killing the chrono even though I'll hate the missing button. I guess it can be added aftermarket?

Added 3 zone and heated steering wheel.

All the other little touches make her mine. Only other thing I'm debating is getting the 20s over the 19s. Its going to be a city car so I want the sidewalls for now. May pick up a pair of takeoffs or get a set of BBS aftermarket.

I don't think the painted rear fascia includes the upper part. I think you only get the lower valance.

Not getting the smoker package but does anyone know if there is a cigarette liter jack in the hole? How many 12v jacks are there?

Thanks again!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a 12V plug in the hole, but no 'lighter'
Old 12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

i did the painted side blades and very happy I did. The non painted blades are too "Rav4" for me...

I avoided 3rd zone climate because car is so small that zone 1 affects zone 2 and 3. lol.

The smokers group added a lid which got in the way of my spare change and cell phone so i deleted it from my order.
There is a jack inside and also inside the console along with usb ports for cell phone.
It allows you to run a gps, cell phone and radar detector all at the same time.

Heated wheel is a nice touch.... I have used it once to date.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my Cayenne S. Before I ordered I went to dealer with my Music. I tried Standard, Bose And Burm.
The Bose is much better than the Standard. I could not hear any difference between the Bose and the Burmister. However I'm sure there is. I'm 74 and it's just the way it is your max heart rate is lower as a function of age and so is your high freq hearing. This starts around age 50 and continues to degrade as you age. If your young enough and enjoy music a lot in your car the Burm may be worth it for you otherwise the Bose is a very good system.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:32 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

Mostly good advice above. Avoid the cosmetic stuff except for the colored wheel crests as they really light up the looks. The Alcantera driver's seat insert in my C GTS is all roughed up from bad detailing b4 I bought it. I will never buy a Porsche with less than Bose audio. The item in the Premium pkg plus that I don't like is the Pano roof. I don't like squeaks, rattles or leaks. Gimme nothing or a simple moonroof. Get the tow hitch even if you don't tow, as the next buyer will want it for light towing or for bike or luggage racks - the Macan is an SUV.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:21 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
Mostly good advice above. Avoid the cosmetic stuff except for the colored wheel crests as they really light up the looks. The Alcantera driver's seat insert in my C GTS is all roughed up from bad detailing b4 I bought it. I will never buy a Porsche with less than Bose audio. The item in the Premium pkg plus that I don't like is the Pano roof. I don't like squeaks, rattles or leaks. Gimme nothing or a simple moonroof. Get the tow hitch even if you don't tow, as the next buyer will want it for light towing or for bike or luggage racks - the Macan is an SUV.
If you do not like squeaks, rattles or leaks then you would actually like the Macan Pano roof...
Old 12-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wasn't enamored with the pano roof when I started my config process but found out in the Macan it's only 2 panels and only the front panel moves. I have the pano on mine and I think it really makes the interior stand out. I'm not anticipating problems with the Pano in the Macan.

Quick Reply: Few Qs on Macan S Order