Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Few Qs on Macan S Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 02:51 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

living in Vancouver British Columbia with a newborn the Pano roof becomes a theatre of snow covered mountians and big city buildings.... very nice option
Old 12-07-2014, 02:56 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I ordered the white dials on my last Cayenne, thinking it would look neat. Well, ALL of the warning/advisory locations that light up, are in black. So rather than an all white background, it is cluttered with all the black items. I did not order the white dials this time.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:47 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I ordered Power Steering plus. (we live in a busy city where everybody fights for parking)
The steering is super light in and around tight parking spaces. Almost too light according to my wife...

She find she over compensates the steering due to habit and thereby throwing off her whole parking game...

Takes getting used too. But it is a nice buttery feeling all the same.

I would need to park a Macan without it to know for sure if it is worth while.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Drew138
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunroof is/was critical. Interesting feedback on the white dials. I think I still like the look and may keep it on the build. Having slept the weekend on my build that is the one. Appreciate the feedback on all these little items.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:47 PM
crunchy1X
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I ordered the white dials on my last Cayenne, thinking it would look neat. Well, ALL of the warning/advisory locations that light up, are in black. So rather than an all white background, it is cluttered with all the black items. I did not order the white dials this time.
...and someone on the macanforum.com pointed out that the pictures in the Macan marketing material do not show those black icons on the white dials so keep in mind that the marketing material is misleading.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Pratfall
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roule
What is the durability difference between leather and alcantara?
Fwiw, I had Alcantara inserts in my 2008 911. After three years they looked and felt good as new. Warm in winter, cool in summer, always plush. My experience was strong enough that I always take Alcantara seats in a car if available, even over leather.

Quick Reply: Few Qs on Macan S Order