Macan 2014-Current

Macan sandwich

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 PM
jester
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan sandwich

To the Gentleman who's new black Macan got crunched between soccerMomMobile and a gigantic truck (on Willow in the SF Bay Area):

My heart goes out to you. Really sorry to see that. Hope you are fine, and that you're back on the road in no time. Mathews-Carlsen's a great body shop.

Cheers,
Jester
Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jester
To the Gentleman who's new black Macan got crunched between soccerMomMobile and a gigantic truck (on Willow in the SF Bay Area):

My heart goes out to you. Really sorry to see that. Hope you are fine, and that you're back on the road in no time. Mathews-Carlsen's a great body shop.

Cheers,
Jester
Despicable in the way businesses promote themselves these days. Makes the ambulance chasing lawyers seem almost scrupulous.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 926 Likes on 560 Posts

+1 Mathews-Carlsen

Satisfied customer 2x with my 993.

Only a couple freeway off ramps from Willow.

No affiliation.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:57 PM
alanm
AutoX

The driver of the Macan you referenced is a good friend of mine. He is fine, no injuries, but pretty bummed about his new Macan. It looks like he needs a couple of new bumpers, a new hood, and a new trailer hitch. With all of the electronics in the bumpers, camera, sensors, etc, the total bill is about $35k. I'll pass on your best wishes. He's not on Rennlist (as far as I know.) I just started following this forum as my wife just put down a deposit to get in the cue to order her Macan.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Quest911
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At 35k wouldn't the insurance company write off the car as irreparable? I would hope so. I don't think I would want to have a brand new car with 35k repair done to it and keep it?

Bob
Old 10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^I agree^^^
Old 10-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Grayforge
AutoX

The insurance company would total it if it were a $43,000 car new.

Which brings up a question: Do insurance companies take options into account when determining value? I hope so, since such a high percentage of a Porsche's price is in the options!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Grayforge

Which brings up a question: Do insurance companies take options into account when determining value? I hope so, since such a high percentage of a Porsche's price is in the options!
Personally I would hope not, at least if the circumstances where I would rather they total the car than try to fix it. It would be much easier to meet their threshold % if they didn't include $15k of options in the original value of the car.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Personally I would hope not, at least if the circumstances where I would rather they total the car than try to fix it. It would be much easier to meet their threshold % if they didn't include $15k of options in the original value of the car.
Be careful with that line of thinking. If they only go by the base price without options when they decide to total the car, they're only going to pay out a depreciated value based on that number. I'd rather get some compensation for those extra dollars put into the actual purchase price.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:04 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Grayforge

Yes, I made sure of this. They'll base it on the vin which has the retail price.

Quick Reply: Macan sandwich