Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Who's ordered their Macan without Infotainment. If so, is resale a concern.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i use my phone, i have CDR-31 and not worried one bit about resale.

the nav is nice but not worth the $$$$ charged.. should be standard.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

you are right...it should be standard, or at least less expensive...but it is not.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K-A, good to hear you considering macan.
BT streaming only available with telephone module option.
It was not possible with CDR31 (only bt mobile phone preparation instead of telephone module option).

I also specs cdr plus for my 3rd (long story) macan order.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TGED
I believe this applies on the Macan too.
It would be nice to know if this is accurate for the Macan. Anyone know how to check that?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:36 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pyramid
BT streaming only available with telephone module option.
It was not possible with CDR31 (only bt mobile phone preparation instead of telephone module option).
my sister's Macan has preparation for mobile phone and PCM, it plays music from her iPhone 5S via BT. Limited control on PCM however.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by TGED
I believe this applies on the Macan too.
Decided to check Porsche's Macan web site to see what it says...

FWIW: from http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/
click on Model then Accessories

CDR Plus audio system

The CDR Plus audio system is equipped with a high-resolution 7-inch color touchscreen, giving you quick and easy access to the most important functions and menus.

The system has 11 loudspeakers and delivers a total output of 235 watts. An analogue twin tuner ensures an extensive selection of radio broadcasts.

A CD/DVD drive supports audio playback of MP3 files and audio/video DVDs, while a USB connection enables various iPod® and iPhone® models to be connected. MP3 players and USB memory sticks containing MP3 tracks can also be plugged in and audio played over the in-car system. The touchscreen is capable of displaying album cover art.

Connected USB devices can be controlled directly from CDR Plus or the multifunction buttons on the steering wheel. An AUX interface enables you to connect additional external audio sources, in which case functions are controlled directly from the external device.

An integrated six-disc CD autochanger and mobile phone preparation for connecting to Bluetooth® mobile phones that support the Handsfree Profile (HFP) are available as an option.

Standard in the Macan S and Macan S Diesel.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)

PCM is your central information and communication system. It is powerful and multifunctional, yet easy to operate.

The focal point is the 7-inch color touchscreen. The radio features 42 memory presets and an FM twin tuner. The optional universal audio interface allows you to save up to 5,000 MP3 files on the 40 GB internal hard drive of PCM for direct playback. Also available as an option are a TV tuner for receiving free-to-air television broadcasts and a digital radio enabling you to listen to digital radio stations. The CD/DVD drive supports the following formats: CDs, MP3 files and audio DVDs. Integrated in PCM, the optional CD/DVD autochanger holds up to six CDs or DVDs.

The navigation module with high-speed hard drive displays maps in 2D or from a driving perspective. Even 3D rendering is available in some regions. The route guidance calculation takes into consideration official traffic messages (TMC) and data from traffic flow sensors (TMC Pro)1). In addition, speed limits stored in the navigation database are displayed in PCM and on the TFT screen of the instrument cluster. In conjunction with optional online services, it is possible to find online destinations and conveniently transfer them to the navigation system.

Standard in the Macan Turbo. Optional for all other Macan models.
BOSE® Surround Sound System

The BOSE® Surround Sound System is compatible with Porsche Communication Management (PCM) as well as the CDR Plus audio system.

The system has been optimally tuned for the models in the Macan range. A total of 14 loudspeakers, including an active subwoofer and centre speaker, and nine amplifier channels with a total output of 545 watts deliver an impressive sound experience.

In combination with Porsche Communication Management (PCM), the BOSE® Surround Sound System enables audio playback of DVDs and is thus able to make full use of the impressive sound spectrum of 5.1 digital recordings. Of course, you can still play other audio sources, such as CDs or MP3 players, in stereo or, at the push of a button, in one of the available virtual surround modes.

Noise compensation technology uses a microphone to continuously measure the ambient noise inside the vehicle and adapts music playback automatically so that a consistent sound is maintained at all times.

Standard in the Macan Turbo. Optional for all other Macan models.
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System

As a creator of sports cars, we love to push boundaries – sound barriers included. This is demonstrated perfectly by the Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System, which has been optimally tuned for the Macan model range. It converts sound waves into a unique feast for the senses – and music into an exclusive listening experience.

The surround sound system developed by Burmester® – one of the most respected manufacturers of high-end audio equipment worldwide – is available as an option.

The technologies behind the system are from the finest premium home audio systems that Burmester® has to offer. State of the art and never heard before in a vehicle of this class. The extravagance is uncompromising, the craftsmanship exquisite, the sound phenomenal. The system owes its excellence to countless details, and one goal: perfection in sound.

The figures alone sound impressive: 16 amplifier channels with a total output of more than 1,000 watts, 16 loudspeakers including an active subwoofer with 300-watt class D amplifier, a total diaphragm surface area of more than 2,400 cm2, and a frequency response of 30 Hz to 20 kHz.

Crossover technology has been carried over almost unmodified from Burmester® high-end home audio products. Analogue and digital filters have been optimally defined for their installation location and finely tuned after extensive in-car audio testing. Ribbon tweeters have been used for unmistakably fine, clear and undistorted high-frequency sound reproduction with excellent level stability.

The elegantly pure design with galvanised surrounds and Burmester® logos on selected loudspeakers make it clear that the exclusive appeal of the Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System is as much about the visual as it is the audio. Uncompromising luxury in sound and style.

Optional for all Macan models.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

So is BT streaming (music, etc.) optional on CDR Plus AND PCM? I believe I was told elsewhere from guys with CDR Plus that they can stream BT Audio from their phones, and have Nav Turn by Turn (from Google Maps, etc.) stream through their system as well.

Just to make sure: Bluetooth CALLING is obviously standard across all Macan's, correct?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:10 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Okay, appears BT calling is (thankfully/naturally) standard across CDR+/PCM (no changes to either regarding BT calling).

Now what I'm curious of is if you can stream audio (Pandora, songs on phone, etc.) through the CDR+ and/or PCM? Appears there's no difference between the two when it comes to BT audio streaming?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey K-A,
I tried the BT streaming for music and podcasts from my iPhone, and loved it.
Until it came to occasional loss of signal issues and it began to drive me mad.

Have gone with wired connection to the USB port from my iPhone for music and podcasts.
Continue to use the BT for cell service only.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

I found it odd that you can get the Bose w/ the CDR Plus and didn't have to get PCM to get Bose.

Personally, I got the Infotainment Pkg.. Each to their own.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
my sister's Macan has preparation for mobile phone and PCM, it plays music from her iPhone 5S via BT. Limited control on PCM however.
My 911 with pcm31 + mobile phone preparation does not stream BT audio, my 911_50 with crd plus + telephone module and 911TTS with PCMnav + telephone module does, blackberry phones.

If not mistaken, earlier build macan can be specced with mobile phone preparation, but telephone module seems the only option available now for crd plus.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:47 AM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i use my phone, i have CDR-31 and not worried one bit about resale.

the nav is nice but not worth the $$$$ charged.. should be standard.
I agree completely, I also only have CDR-31 and can stream music from iphone via bluetooth.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM
troposhere
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Navi Systems cost like $200 max.

This should be included just like it is with BMW 5 Series. The cost saved in production variation probably makes the real cost come down to$100 per vehicle.

It's like the old days; order a $5000.00 car and pay up $900.00 for a am-fm / Cassette player.

These are commodity items, not exotic electronics. More recently the big deal was a CD player; 1200 for a cd player worth $80; quite simply profit centers. Porsche is the best at it, no doubt.

Quick Reply: Who's ordered their Macan without Infotainment. If so, is resale a concern.