Got my Macan Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:51 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I dont think PDDC is an option on the Macan

Did you order it with PASM+air and PTV+ ???

perhaps should have waited for PCCB
Agree.

I think if PDDC was available that would be a must have (for me anyway) A car this weight needs everything working for it if sporty driving is part of the ownership equation. As good as our Cayenne is it would be undoubtedly better with the PDDC for sure in terms of arresting any unwanted body roll. Shame it wasn't available as an option.

In so far as the PCCB goes you simply cannot compare the stopping to the steels......it is day and night. If it wasn't for the sheer cost of the PCCB you would use nothing else. Having no brake dust is an advantage sure but not what these brakes are about as you would know. The way they pull the speed off make the car feel 500kg lighter and sooo much more agile....well on the CT they do. Imagine it will be the same on a Macan.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 AM
PSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got PASM but didn't get PVT which I regret.

Re PDDC I've had this on a couple of previous cars and was disappointed with the artificial feedback. However on balance could be a good option on the Macan which does roll a fair bit unless Sports function activated.

Agree PCCB makes big difference but expect it will be too expensive for a £60K car.

Gripes so far:

The multi function button on the steering wheel can only be pre-programmed for functions such as Map but not Sports which can only be activated from a button well out of sight line. You really want a BMW type M button to easily firm up the suspension when approaching a series of bends.

The two new steering wheel control buttons that rotate to either scroll through menu or adjust volumes are tricky since too easy to click if scrolling whilst car hits bump.

Otherwise car is a compromise package, just cries out for a more characterful engine!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:00 AM
PSC
Instructor

Should have said a great compromise package......
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Agree.

I think if PDDC was available that would be a must have (for me anyway) A car this weight needs everything working for it if sporty driving is part of the ownership equation. As good as our Cayenne is it would be undoubtedly better with the PDDC for sure in terms of arresting any unwanted body roll. Shame it wasn't available as an option.

In so far as the PCCB goes you simply cannot compare the stopping to the steels......it is day and night. If it wasn't for the sheer cost of the PCCB you would use nothing else. Having no brake dust is an advantage sure but not what these brakes are about as you would know. The way they pull the speed off make the car feel 500kg lighter and sooo much more agile....well on the CT they do. Imagine it will be the same on a Macan.
Ive had them on my last two GT3s and I love them... I think a heavier car like the Macan would benefit from the stopping power and the reduction in unsprung/rotational mass...

I wonder why they did not offer PDCC on the Macan, I wonder if it doesn't really need it with PASM+air?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PSC
I've got PASM but didn't get PVT which I regret.

Re PDDC I've had this on a couple of previous cars and was disappointed with the artificial feedback. However on balance could be a good option on the Macan which does roll a fair bit unless Sports function activated.

Agree PCCB makes big difference but expect it will be too expensive for a £60K car.

Gripes so far:

The multi function button on the steering wheel can only be pre-programmed for functions such as Map but not Sports which can only be activated from a button well out of sight line. You really want a BMW type M button to easily firm up the suspension when approaching a series of bends.

The two new steering wheel control buttons that rotate to either scroll through menu or adjust volumes are tricky since too easy to click if scrolling whilst car hits bump.

Otherwise car is a compromise package, just cries out for a more characterful engine!
I think the car would benefit from PTV+ but note that its 'rumoured' that the 991's equipped with PTV+ are wearing through their rear brake pads/rotors 4x faster as a result of PTV+ so that could also be an issue on the Macan.

When I order my Turbo, I will be ordered PASM+air, PTV+, Sports Chrono and PCCB ... if the Macan drives like a "sports car" I want to give it all the technology to optimize the experience!

I wonder if PSE will ever be available (GTS)?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=PSC;11349368]I've got PASM but didn't get PVT which I regret.

Gripes so far:

Otherwise car is a compromise package, just cries out for a more characterful engine![/QUOTE]

in what respect, only sound, or is there some other aspect of the shape of torque curve etc?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Louis.E
Advanced

Has a refined pull. That works ok for me.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive had them on my last two GT3s and I love them... I think a heavier car like the Macan would benefit from the stopping power and the reduction in unsprung/rotational mass...

I wonder why they did not offer PDCC on the Macan, I wonder if it doesn't really need it with PASM+air?
I read that it was because of the weight difference between the Cayenne and the Macan.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PSC
Agate versus Black hinges on whether you think front grill/Turbo lights an attractive striking feature or ugly (as my wife does!). Agate contrasts whereas Black downplays aggressive front end.
PSC talked about how the Agate enhances while the Black smooths out. I think these slides show that. Interesting to view the colors through that lens.

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-ma...rbo/2014/05/07

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-ma...014/05/05#img1
Old 05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Louis.E
Advanced

Don't like the roof rails. Most on autogespot have clean roofs.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louis.E
Don't like the roof rails. Most on autogespot have clean roofs.
Rails would be fine if they were black. Window surrounds would look better in black too
Old 05-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Rails would be fine if they were black. Window surrounds would look better in black too
+1 gotta go with either the matte or high gloss black trim and rails ... chrome looks cheap
Old 05-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 gotta go with either the matte or high gloss black trim and rails ... chrome looks cheap
Got black rails and trim on my Macan…between that and the Pano that is likely what delayed it from an April 18 scheduled completion to now June 5.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got black rails and trim on my Macan…between that and the Pano that is likely what delayed it from an April 18 scheduled completion to now June 5.
Our order has the black rails and the pano roof, and we must have hit a sweet spot as everything is on, and perhaps a bit ahead, of schedule. Build completed May 3, allegedly loaded in Emden today. Original delivery scheduled June 27, but now hearing as early as June 10.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

sweet!

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Our order has the black rails and the pano roof, and we must have hit a sweet spot as everything is on, and perhaps a bit ahead, of schedule. Build completed May 3, allegedly loaded in Emden today. Original delivery scheduled June 27, but now hearing as early as June 10.
that's good to hear; I'm thinking of also getting the piano black interior as well on my car (when I order it)

Quick Reply: Got my Macan Turbo